Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Found out today it's a girl...

(36 Posts)
Muggle1978 Tue 26-Mar-13 20:36:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Saundy Wed 27-Mar-13 07:32:16

I'm pregnant with my first & no idea what I'm having but would LOVE it to be a girl!

I have a mix of young nieces & nephews of similar age & the girls are definitely more forthcoming with the cuddles & affection than the boys. - especially the older they get.

I also have 3 sisters & although we had our moments growing up my mum is reaping the rewards of putting up with us now. We're all very close to her now & appreciate her so much as women.

blondecat Wed 27-Mar-13 07:42:33

your post is so reassuring. I am exactly opposite

I have a DD, age 2.5 and just found out a boy is on the way. I am thrilled and my mother can't believe it - there were no boys in my family since 1928. But...

My daughter is sweet and kind, she cuddles me at every opportunity, shares her snack with other children and is generally adorable. I watch little boys her age and see little terrors, running, kicking, shoving one another
How can I cope?

So we will both be ok smile

ExhaustedMamasita Wed 27-Mar-13 10:41:56

Amazing – congratulations!

Like so many of the other ladies who have posted on this thread previously, I have a wonderful relationship with my Mum. She’s awesome! Both my sister and brother adore her and are extremely close to her. Nothing to do with gender but your connection as people. You’re so lucky to have a little boy and now a little girl – you can truly enjoy best of all worlds. I’m sure you’re going to love the feminine company around the home too. You can make her your little helper, side kick! It’ll be perfect, I’m sure of it. x

MamaBlue4 Wed 27-Mar-13 15:19:03

My Dd is 23 months and we have a great relationship, saying that she is young and I have the teenage years to come - I remember mine and getting pregnant with ds1. I freak myself out thinking about it.

Even though she's young, she's polite, out going but shy around strangers, we get on great and she loves her mama cuddles but she's in a stage where she favours her vava haha.

I think the relationship you have depends on how you approach it and how you raise her, dd is my only girl, rest are boys, so I try hard to spend time with her doing things she likes away from the boys.

Teaandflapjacks Wed 27-Mar-13 16:45:40

Congrats!!! I found out today that i am having a girl too - and very excited! I absolutely adore my Mum, speak to her daily on the phone and would be lost without her - she is ace. My sisters all think the world of her too - your relationship will be whatever you want it to be. We did have a prickly phase when i was 13 and I thought she was 'un cool' - but I am sure boys go through that too...! I did apologise when I was older about it - she said she found it all highly amusing, and would on purpose do 'un cool' things to wind me up! grin

twinklesparkles Wed 27-Mar-13 17:00:54

My first dc was a boy and I was sure the second would be

When I found out she was a girl, I was very happy but at the same time a bit worried about how I could raise a girl and what kind of stuff would I need to teach her that was different from my son . The only thing I was looking forward too was buying pink animal print outfits and hello kitty headbands smile

As the weeks have gone on I can't wait to have a little girl, a child is a child. I'm sure there are some aspects of life that are different due to gender, but at the same time the general care of looking after a child is the same smile

Plus it'll mean me and dh have equal "teams", two boys vs two girls wink

sparkle101 Wed 27-Mar-13 19:00:57

On my god! I had my scan yesterday and found out I was having a boy. I already have a 2.7 dd. I have found the last couple of days so hard.

I have found having dd so easy and full of fun. I am scared shitless of boys and everything they entail. She is great, I love being able to dress her in dresses or skirts and she is so loving and gives so much back.

How weird you're going through the reverse. You'll be absolutely fine! And if not, can we swap?

sjupes Wed 27-Mar-13 20:15:56

<mines a girl>

scarlettsmummy2 Wed 27-Mar-13 20:19:03

I have two little girls and they are fabulous! My daughter also goes to an all girls school and most of her little friends don't have brothers either, and they are honestly all lovely! You will be fine! X

Zatopek Wed 27-Mar-13 20:27:48

I always wanted girls (being from a family of girls) and I love having girls.

Both are completely different. One is very sensitive, slow to warm-up and can be moody, the other is laid back and one big cuddly ball. They couldn't be more different but I think they are both fantastic.

I recently went away for a weekend to a posh hotel with my mum. We shared a room, had loads of laughs, went swimming, enjoyed the gym and jacuzzi, ate lovely food- it was great fun. It's something I can imagine doing with my daughters but not something I think I would be able to do had I had sons.

KeriRussell Thu 28-Mar-13 00:46:49

I have three daughters aged 18,17 and 10. They are fantastic and so much fun. My eldest is off to uni later this year to study archaeology at either Durham or UCL, middle the year after to do English. My middle daughter was always the most challenging because of health issues, and is a real firebrand but none of them have really given me anything to worry about and were a great support when I was my mothers carer for 4 nealy 5 years. I am now expecting again and hopefully if I carry to term this will be a healthy baby, I don't care what sex it is (my second husbands first child) but I guess if its a girl I will already now the ropes so to speak!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now