Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fatigue in first trimester

(29 Posts)
AnythingNotEverything Tue 26-Mar-13 12:18:12

Hello all,

I hope to tap into you mn wisdom toget advice on my tiredness ...

I'm 11 weeks with my second dc, although ds was a millennium baby so I'm not chasing/wrangling a toddler all day thankfully!

I feel really tired, almost all the time. Is this normal? I've got no ms and am definitely eating for two ... But I'm shattered all the time. I do work full time and commute an hour each way, but by the time I get home I'm only good for beaching on the sofa. I feel ok between about 7am and 11am, and then I start to slip down again.

Is it normal to be this tired this early? Dh thinks I should sit less and do more (because you feel worse if you just sit around), but I just don't feel I've got the energy.

I'm worried it could be anaemia ... Or maybe I'm a hypochondriac!

Advice, tips, tricks or sympathy will be gratefully received!

TIA!

You're growing a baby! Of course you're bloody tired. You building a whole new person and your body is working overtime. Your heart rate is faster, you've got a higher blood volume. I'm 4 weeks and already feeling more tired. Tell your dp to make use of any pregnancy books you've bought and get clued up.

QuiltySecrets Thu 28-Mar-13 13:11:07

I'm 6 weeks with dc2 and I'm freaking knackered. Not sure how I'm going to manage this. I've planned as many working from home days as I can but think I might have to tell my boss sooner than I'd have liked cos I am USELESS at the moment. Feel bad that dd (17 months) is watching so much cbeebies. 1st trimester is definitely the worst!

reastie Thu 28-Mar-13 13:31:08

No offence to your DH, but he has no clue how exhausting it is on your body to be pg! For me walking to the loo several times a day was enough to make me feel exhausted. It's not even exhaustion though is it? It's like a whole new breed of super exhaustion! I've never experienced anything like it before or since. It's akin of feeling like you've run a marathon, had no sleep for a month, and have the flu all at the same time non stop all the time. Just go with how your feeling and ignore DH when he tells you to keep going, it's your body telling you to rest.

AmandaPayntedEgg Thu 28-Mar-13 13:36:09

I was like you. I described it to DH that I once stood at the bottom of the stairs and seriously considered going to bed right there because climbing them felt as impossible as scaling everest!

In both cases, thankfully it lifted around 12-13 weeks, so you might be on the home stretch. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now