Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Were your instincts about the sex right?

(79 Posts)
LuckyOwl28 Sun 24-Mar-13 19:09:10

I'm currently 37+6 and throughout my pregnancy have had so many people demanding of me that I 'must know' or 'must have an instinct' about the sex of our baby, and felt I must be missing some kind of maternal instinct as had absolutely no idea!

However, just over the last week all I can seem to think about is girl - I'm dreaming of having a girl, looking at girl clothes and subconsciously even referring to my bump as 'her' or 'she'.

Do you think this means anything at all?

Did you have such a feeling with your bumps and were you proved right/wrong?

I genuinely don't mind either way so makes no difference, I just wonder if this is the 'feeling' that everyone talks about

plentyofsoap Fri 05-Apr-13 12:17:24

Thought he was a boy all along and he is. Had a feeling about it, difficult to describe!

weeblueberry Fri 05-Apr-13 12:53:15

I was utterly certain it was going to be a boy. All the signs said boy, when I dreamed about the baby it was a boy, all I did was look at boys clothes.

It's a girl. Obviously. wink

Wishfulmakeupping Fri 05-Apr-13 12:59:33

I knew straight away I was expecting a girl even when I was having dreams of having a baby boy I still knew it was a girl and I was correct smile

rrreow Fri 05-Apr-13 17:14:49

With DC1 I thought it was a boy. Not through any sort of instinct but because I REALLY wanted a girl and figured it would mean it must be a boy. DH thought it would be a girl. I was right.

With DC2 I thought it was a girl because the pregnancy symptoms were so different and had really bad morning sickness. Not sure what my DH thought. My aunt thought it was a girl because I found out I was pregnant around the same time my grandmother died (so she thought it was some kind of cosmic exchange.. female for female). DC2 hasn't been born yet but on the scan it was pretty clear it's a boy grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now