Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

could I be pregnant after 3 negatives?

(41 Posts)
wonderingifiam2013 Sat 23-Mar-13 11:21:14

Username says it all.

TTC #2 and I was due on yesterday. I've felt pregnant for the last week or so, symptoms include headaches, pinching/pulling in uterus area, nausea (but no actual sickness) - but now I'm wondering if it's all in my head?

Tested early twice last week (as I tested positive early with my first) but both came back negative.

Then yesterday I started leaking colostrum. I don't know if it's linked - but I met a pregnant friend and I felt a little leak! Then I checked and there was the orangey liquid I got at 33 weeks last time and today a little milk. Could that be my hormones knowing my friend is carrying a baby? (sounds strange I know!)

So I bought a digital test and it clearly states not pregnant! Am I imagining all the symptoms? And is the leaking something to worry about? (I stopped breast feeding my 1st over a year ago and have been dry since ... I know as I've often had the odd squeeze!)

So after 3 negatives ... am I mad to think I could actually be pregnant?

Mapal Wed 27-Mar-13 09:21:05

Should add, fingers crossed for you, it took us 11 months, felt like aaages!

wonderingifiam2013 Wed 27-Mar-13 10:46:17

Congratulations pompompom! That's fantastic news! smile so happy for you smile

Fingers crossed it'll happen soon ... I think we only did it once the month #1 was concieved so feeling a bit sad but I guess it only takes 1 little swimmer! smile

Mapal - I know you're right ... and I am doubting very much the tests are wrong. But I've been on a regular cycle for 4 months now (6 months since coming off the pill) so thought this month was the one as I've never had any pregnancy symptoms in the previous 5 months or even done a test as I just knew I wasn't! This month feels very different ... but I also know it could be in my head sad

Congratulations on your BFP too! smile

Mapal Wed 27-Mar-13 11:15:39

Oh thanks, I'm actually now on my 4th pregnancy and they all took wildly varying lengths of time to conceive.
First time (DS) took 8 months, 2nd time took literally one go (like your first!) but sadly miscarried, 3rd time was the one that took 11 months and I was convinced we'd both magically become infertile, felt like forever. That sadly miscarried too. I'm now on my 4th (6 weeks and holding my breath to make it to 12 weeks) and this was first go (again!).
So, I guess what I'm saying is, try to be patient, I'm sure it will happen even though it is so disappointing when it takes longer than a few months. Best of luck. x

wonderingifiam2013 Wed 27-Mar-13 11:34:24

Oh Mapal I'm so sorry to hear about your losses sad

Here's to a happy scan at 12 weeks this time smile

flowers

pompompom Wed 27-Mar-13 12:37:04

grin thank you wondering

Mapal - we're in the same situation, you must be just a few days ahead of me. 4th pg. Last 2 have been early MCs and crossing fingers that this one sticks.

Vocalista86 Wed 27-Mar-13 15:48:50

I think the Superdrug standard tests are fab. They picked my BFP up 2 days before AF was due... probably not very helpful advice but I do think they are the best I've used.

Both pregnancies I was over a week late before I tested positive. With #2 I leaked colostrum too.

Good luck!

Mapal Thu 28-Mar-13 07:07:00

Ah Pompom, good luck! Would be good if we both make it this time. Are you having an early scan? I had one on tues, could just make out a tiny flickering heart beat. A bit reassuring I suppose but things probably looked the same at this stage with the last two I reckon, miscarriages were at 12 weeks and 10 weeks.

pompompom Thu 28-Mar-13 12:03:36

We're having an early scan but not until 8 weeks. I'm just at the point of my first MC with this one (just shy of 6 weeks) so fingers crossed. Mine were both very early, so I'm hopeful that if I can just get past 6-7 weeks that this one will stick. it's a nervous time though.

Sorry wondering - hijacking a bit smile thanks

wonderingifiam2013 Thu 28-Mar-13 15:54:42

Don't be daft pompompom! smile got my fingers crossed for you both flowers

As for me - I'm still waiting, and I'll be a week late tomorrow!

Slightly giving up hope on a positive so if it's going to arrive, I want it to arrive asap so we can get on with the sticks.

Wishing you both lots of luck with sticky little babies smile

pompompom Fri 29-Mar-13 08:45:10

Its just torture isn't it. Really hope you get a BFP smile

X

pompompom Sun 31-Mar-13 18:21:01

Any news wondering? X

wonderingifiam2013 Mon 01-Apr-13 20:01:55

Hi pompompom - thanks for asking smile

After being a week late ... my period arrived on Friday sad

I was just relieved in the end, drank lots grin and can now get ready to start using the sticks! I'm just a bit confused as when to start as this cycle was 35 days (usual 28) and I've only got the 7 day kit. Should I just buy another or start on day 10 and hope for the best?

Hope you're doing well too flowers

pompompom Mon 01-Apr-13 20:20:25

Aww sorry to hear that, it sucks doesbt it. My cycle started off at 28 days too but that seemed to go wonky once I started ttc.
Start on day 10 and see what happens. Internet cheapy ovulation tests are good, you can get them from amazon. I think its def worth doing them to work out your cycle. Superdrug ones also good and not too expensive.
If you continue getting irregular cycles then vit B6 can help regulate things too.

I'm ok thanks. 6 week tomorrow and bricking it.

wonderingifiam2013 Tue 02-Apr-13 09:54:33

Thanks Pompompom - it does but I'm feeling ok about it ... just hope I don't go potty at the end of this month like last! grin

Will start on the sticks next week and see what happens smile

Hope you're doing well at 6 weeks - got everything crossed for you flowers

Probably stay off here for a bit now - but hope to be back with some good news soon smile

wondering come and join us on ttc#2 nutjob Fred (can't link on phone) - there are a lot of us grin . my normally regular cycle went tits up the first month of ttc. typical!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now