Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What can I expect from7 Week scan

(14 Posts)
Mandytm Fri 22-Mar-13 21:58:01

Congratulations!

You can do a google image search for "7 week scan" and it comes up with loads of pictures.

GreatSoprendo Fri 22-Mar-13 20:17:57

I had a scan at 6+5 after IVF and it was done abdominally - could see a little flickering heart beat and got a photo. It was lovely! Hope all goes well for you smile

VeremyJyle Fri 22-Mar-13 19:44:28

Just wanted to add I had an early scan at 7 weeks and was briefed beforehand there may not be a visible heartbeat yet... Also I had a scan at 5 weeks and there was a baby and a yolk, thought to start with it was twins grin

Fakebook Fri 22-Mar-13 19:39:44

Hey, I have a 7 week scan on Monday too, I'll be 7wk 5d. I've had recurrent miscarriages in the past and had a 7 week scan with DS too. It was a transvaginal scan and all we saw was a round thing with a flickering heart. The sonographer gave me a picture too. Infact I have scan pics of DS from week 7-13. Hope everything goes well for you.

PinkParsnips Fri 22-Mar-13 19:26:42

I had an early scan yesterday which was dated at 6 weeks, I was able to see a small white pulsating dot and they did it by abdominal scan. Good luck!

surprise11871 Fri 22-Mar-13 19:06:52

Yes its very scary n the worry didn't go away completely but ur doc was right just coz u av had one loss doesn't mean it will happen again but that doesn't take the pain from the loss away n doesn't take the worry away for wot its worth after 2 mmc i now have a healthy 3 month old so it does happen fingers crossed for u n wishing u luck try n keep busy this weekend x

stephbecominglittler Fri 22-Mar-13 18:47:37

Thank u guys xx will let u no how I get on gonna b a long weekend x

Pollykitten Fri 22-Mar-13 18:45:18

I believe the key thing they look for is the heartbeat and to check that the size is in line with how far along you are. I'm sorry for your earlier loss and best of luck and congratulations on your pregnancy!

SeriousStuff Fri 22-Mar-13 18:43:13

I had a 7+3 scan. Could see tiny legs and was able to see the heartbeat too - amazing. Had another scan at 10+3 and the change was incredible!

stephbecominglittler Fri 22-Mar-13 18:42:59

Thank u . I have been told by doc that I have a good chance of a healthy pregnancy just very nerve wracking isn't it xxx

surprise11871 Fri 22-Mar-13 18:40:21

Hi im sorry to hear of ur loss i had a scan this Time round at 7+3 n like Mrs spagbol sed it will be a small pulsating dot i had mine at the epu due to two previous mmc n they did give me a print out mine was over belly n showed up fine however it is more than likely to be transvaginal as it is so small n therefore hard to pick up drink lots of water and good luck x

stephbecominglittler Fri 22-Mar-13 18:36:35

Thank u xx I'm very nervous but excited at the same time bcz of my last pregnancy sad x

MrsSpagBol Fri 22-Mar-13 18:34:38

A tiny pulsing dot.

Most likely intravaginal scan.

No pics.

Still amazing though! Good luck!

stephbecominglittler Fri 22-Mar-13 18:32:03

Hi all ..... Have a scan booked for Monday I will b around 7 weeks , was just wondering what can I expect ,,,, reason for early scan as I mc last may ,excited but terrified help x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now