Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

No sex please, I'm pregnant

(16 Posts)
Ilovemybedmore Thu 21-Mar-13 23:12:54

Hi, name changed for this one! I'm 13 weeks pregnant, and have totally and completely gone off sex since finding out about this baby...any one else in the same boat? We had sex at 5 weeks cause I thought it would get my period going, only to find out a few days later that I was pregnant! Since then we have only had sex twice, as I just have no urge whatsoever! I'm not even that tired anymore! Used to have a quite healthy relationship in that way before. Will my sex drive come back?! Is this normal?! Help!!!

ButteryJam Thu 21-Mar-13 23:23:21

I was too sick in the 1st semester to even think about sex, and I think many others will probably say the same. Don't worry I'm sure it's just your hormones going up and down, which is probably causing change in libido.

StuckOnARollercoaster Fri 22-Mar-13 11:54:30

Can affect everyone differently - so no need to worry.
I found I still wanted it in first trimester as long as I wasn't feeling sick.
Second - became irrationally horny once the sickness had definitely gone. Now starting third and its dropping off as the bump gets bigger. I want to - but then the bump gets in the way and I go off the idea...
Read about plenty of people on here that don't bother throughout the whole pregnancy and that's also quite normal...

SeriousStuff Fri 22-Mar-13 11:59:13

Constantly tired and nauseous here! I don't think I need say anymore than that. Waiting for 1st trimester to pass...

Cavort Fri 22-Mar-13 12:04:10

I am 26 weeks and my libido has pretty much disappeared since getting pregnant. I am sure it's just hormones as we had an active sex life before and I certainly hope it returns afterwards! We are still DTD but nowhere near as often. I just make sure I talk to DH about it so he doesn't think I don't fancy him any more and I remind him that it's his fault for doing this to me in the first place grin

FoofFighter Fri 22-Mar-13 12:18:38

no, quite the opposite really - I'm ragingly horny and being denied my rights hmm if anyone has tips on talking about it with reluctant menfolk please advise before I implode in a fit of randyness!

Teaandflapjacks Fri 22-Mar-13 18:10:29

Terrible 'morning sickness' which put the dampeners on a bit - 19 weeks now and have made sure we have DTD a few times when not been sick, but after yakking guts up, it is hardly what you want to do hmm. My DH works away mon to thurs most weeks too. What we do do though, is take the time to have baths together, snuggle up in bed and watch a series together, am I very tactile with him at home - I think its the physical contact between that is important to maintain TBH, not just the sex, by touching, little kisses randomly, or hugs, or when talking putting hand on arm etc etc - this goes a long way to keeping you connected. I also tell him a lot he his hot stuff, he says don't be daft - but he likes it really. smile

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 22-Mar-13 18:54:02

Yeah I could take it or leave it! 35 weeks now. Poor DH had gone from me initiating all the time (and we TTC'd for a long time) to him encouraging me maybe once a fortnight...it gets less practical as time goes by too.

I have still enjoyed it but it takes me a long time to get in the mood!

MisselthwaiteManor Fri 22-Mar-13 19:05:09

My sex drive took a nose dive and hasn't really picked up still (25 weeks now) It's gone from daily to weekly and I could cope without it at all tbh. I think on top of hormonal stuff it's just being so sick/tired/heavy/uncomfortable all the time, it's normal.

PeachActiviaMinge Fri 22-Mar-13 19:12:33

For the first 20 weeks I couldn't stand the idea, I had awful reflux making me vomit constantly. 21 weeks reflux has settled down I was suddenly massively horny but m bits kept swelling up or it was incredibly uncomfortable. I'm 36 weeks now I'd kill for sex but I look like an elephant my hips hurt my back hurts and this baby never ever stops bloody wiggling. I haven't had sex in 9 months I could cry.

Ilovemybedmore Sat 23-Mar-13 22:25:24

I'm so glad I'm not alone! Thank you all for putting my irrational fears that we would 'never have sex again' to one side! We are getting into bed a bit earlier tonight to 'see how we feel', hopefully my horny side will return soon and I will be like fooffighter in no time!

Lobstergirl2003 Sat 23-Mar-13 23:23:01

Oh god the thought of having sex makes me feel sick ... And this come from one horny biatch!

6w 6d

Lj8893 Sat 23-Mar-13 23:27:24

I'm about 9 weeks and the thought of sex quite honestly terrifies me!!! Thankfully my partner is being very understanding and keeping his fingers crossed that my sex drive will come back with a vengeance soon!

Alexandra6 Sun 24-Mar-13 06:37:10

I'm only 4 weeks but DH has been told with any luck, he won't be getting lucky until 2014! If all goes well (fingers crossed and legs), I'm worried about disturbing things especially as I had a lletz treatment on my cervix so worried it could be weak. So no action for the rest of the year if all goes well!

fishybits Sun 24-Mar-13 06:57:59

DH and I had sex twice in 18 months, once whilst I was pregnant and once just to make sure everything still worked. Took till DD was 9 months old before anything remotely resembling desire for a sex life returned.

Luckily DH is a kind and patient man smile

HenD19 Sun 24-Mar-13 07:04:48

I loooooovvvvvee sex when I'm pregnant so DH is a lucky boy (well for the next 7 wks anyway as due May 9th). Unfortunately for him I'm not that fussed about it when not pregnant and as this is my 3rd and last baby his days are definitely numbered!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now