Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone went or going on maternity leave at 32 weeks?

(52 Posts)
ButteryJam Wed 20-Mar-13 23:35:28

Hi,

I'm thinking of going on maternity leave at 32 weeks instead of at 36 weeks. Did anyone else do that? Did you get really really bored or was it a good break? What sort of things did you do?

Also is 32 weeks considered generally too early? I don't want my employers to think I'm not committed.

PurpleStorm Wed 03-Apr-13 22:04:29

I stopped work at 33 weeks when expecting DS, partly because I had lots of annual leave built up. I planned to finish decluttering the house, get all the baby stuff ready, relax and so on....

But DS had other ideas. My waters broke about 12 hours after I waved goodbye to the office, and DS turned up a week later.

So it was a good thing I stopped work early really, but I didn't get the break I'd been planning!

LastOrdersAtTheBra Wed 03-Apr-13 22:11:17

With DS1 I went at 32 weeks, due to the way my holiday year worked (DS born the same day it began/ended) I was still able to be off until he was 14 months so didn't miss out on any new baby time after. I'd do it again if it worked the same way, I wouldn't take the extra time if it meant going back while the new baby was tiny. DS1 turned up 2 weeks early so it didn't feel like a ridiculously long wait... if he'd been 2 weeks late I'd still have found plenty to do though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now