Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

37+3 - a few questions.....

(6 Posts)
waitingtopop Tue 19-Mar-13 12:59:27

I'm 39 weeks now, so ready for DS1 to come !! Tried everything I'm that sore and uncomfortable - even sex ! Nothing's worked so far so he's obviously pretty comfy where he is ! x

Pontouf Tue 19-Mar-13 12:56:04

Pony = stage - bizarre autocorrect!

Pontouf Tue 19-Mar-13 12:55:12

Thanks Twinklesparkles. I am feeling pretty fed up to be honest. I am at the pony now where I just want to lie down on the sofa and not have to speak to anyone (including my husband and my son) till the baby's born. Am being a pretty grumpy Mum too, my DS is only 2.4 and just takes soooo loooong to do anything - particularly going up the stairs. He's started this habit of having a little lie down on each step which DH thinks is hilarious an adorable and I am just screaming inside my head (Come on!!!!!! Just go up the fucking stairs so I can get on with my life!!!! ) but am managing to smile and encourage out loud.

Anyway, think I've got some minty foot spray somewhere, will dig it out and give that a go. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy - hopefully not too long now. Have started the eviction process - raspberry leaf tea and been on my birth ball. Curry planned for next week. Sex as a last resort!

Waitingtopop how far along are you? The cold compresses for the feet sound like a good plan, will try that. My hands are so swollen I keep waking up in the night with pins and needles and numb fingers sad

I've got some Lansinoh actually, ready for BFing, for some reason I hadn't thought of trying it before the baby's born. Will try it in a bit.

Good luck to you both with the babies and thanks for the replies smile

waitingtopop Tue 19-Mar-13 12:41:50

I'm wondering the same about what 3/5 means been told he's nicely engaged but unsure what it means "/

As for the nipples try using Lansinoh HPA® Lanolin Nipple Cream 40ml my cousin has just had a baby and she swore by this when her nipples got sore..

I have the same problem with feet & hands I find elevating them and applying a cold compress like a tea towel that's been wet & put in the fridge or freezer for a bit helps ease the pain and swelling .. Heat makes mine worse! It is awful though I feel for you
Good luck xx

twinklesparkles Tue 19-Mar-13 11:24:50

I'm 37 + 3 also,

Cannot answer the first question, but I'm having the same boob/nipple trouble, I think my nipple may actually be cracked, although not bf yet, its very sore and may have been leaking.

Absolutely dreadful swollen legs and feet, and hands sad
Not too sure how to ease it.. I think its just a waiting game

If you can get some foot cooling spray that might help things a bit, worth getting.

Sorry I don't have many answers, but I share your pain smile

Pontouf Tue 19-Mar-13 09:49:54

Just wanted to ask the wonderful don't of knowledge that is MN a few things I've been wondering about.

This is my 2nd DC. My DS was born by ELCS at 39+2 due to breech presentation. He was jammed under my ribs ad never engaged at all.

At my last AN appointment the midwife wrote in my notes that the head was 3/5 palpable (so 2/5 in my pelvis right?). I've been told in the past that with 2nd babies the head can go in and out of the the pelvis and sometimes not properly engage till labour. Does anyone know if his is still the case if you've never been in labour before? Or does this count as a first timer?

Also I have been getting one really painful boob. Around my nipple on my left breasts really sensitive and a bit warm. It all looms ok form the outside and I can't feel any lumps, but it is really sore! Any ideas why that might be and what I can do to ease it?

Finally, my feet are swollen like balloons. I've had my urine and BP checked and all fine but the swelling is now a bit painful. Is there anything I can do to ease it? Would heat or cold help? Any tips?

Thanks in advance smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now