Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Weird cravings!!

(25 Posts)
willoughboobs Mon 18-Mar-13 22:57:49

Come and share your weird pregnancy cravings smile

Mine is not exactly weird - ice ice ice

My dsis craving - sponges confused

My dm - petrol & firelighters (although never sniffed or ate any) confused

My other dsis - plaster from the walls confused

Hawkmoth Mon 18-Mar-13 23:01:53

Have you ever smelt a paperclip? Mmmmm.

SeriousStuff Mon 18-Mar-13 23:11:19

Weird isn't it!

Just thought I should mention that craving ice can sometimes be a sign of anaemia - might be worth checking out.

Maggie111 Tue 19-Mar-13 09:41:29

Diet 7-Up, not weird but no other drink will do!!!

whilewildeisonmine Tue 19-Mar-13 10:43:35

Ginger beer for me!

chubbachops Tue 19-Mar-13 10:49:16

Peanut butter with pickled onions sandwiches was mine with myDD

DSIS was paper with her DS

Other DSIS was marmite and jam on toast with her DD

PeachActiviaMinge Tue 19-Mar-13 11:36:50

A can of Larger I don't even like bloody beer when I'm not pregnant but I could kill for an ice cold tin right now.

themonsteratemyspacebar Tue 19-Mar-13 11:51:50

A friend of mine had a prawn cocktail crisps with custard craving all the way through hmm

harleyd Tue 19-Mar-13 11:56:04

i cant get enough grapes! not too weird, aside from the fact that ive got thru a punnet and a half this morning and cant wait to get to the shops later to buy more

previous pregnancys were smelling firelighters and burnt matches

MisselthwaiteManor Tue 19-Mar-13 13:39:43

Nothing weird and they change all the time, but right now it's strawberries. I can't get enough of them. Most of my cravings have been for the smell rather than the food, mint sauce/peanut butter/beer on DHs breath!

Zuzo Tue 19-Mar-13 13:46:55

Toilet paper. Gosh it just looks so appetizing.

youheard beer on DC's breath is yhe one thing that really turns my stomach right now.
I craved tuna with 3 ofy previous pregnancies even though I can't stand it normally. I ate whole nags of oranges with my first too.
This time what I'm really craving us Bassets cherry drops but I can't find them anywhere. Can anyone help? I've seen them online but I don't want to pay over the odds for them.

I mean DPs breath obviously. Quite a lot of gibberish in that post thanks to auto correct.

soupmaker Tue 19-Mar-13 16:49:49

Cherry full fat coke. WTF, I never drink fizzy juice and now I have a two can a day habit. My poor insides, my poor teeth and goodness knows what my sugar levels are like. But I HAVE TO HAVE IT.

YummyDollie Wed 20-Mar-13 00:00:27

Soap, I had cravings to suck, chew, knaw and crunch through bar soap i didn't give in to it I totally did have a sneaky lick when the urge got bad but then my midwife realised I was anaemic and two days into taking my iron tablets the craving stopped and I stopped wanting to eat it. They do say PIKA style cravings are due to you being deficient of something.

ohmygoshtake2yay Thu 21-Mar-13 09:09:54

mother i have wanted cherry drops too and also cant find them. been looking in all the petrol stations as i used to get them from there. any look in finding any??

SeriousStuff Thu 21-Mar-13 09:34:00

soupmaker I'm the same - never drank fizzy drinks but now I'm really enjoying either orange juice or lime cordial with lemonade!

themonsteratemyspacebar Thu 21-Mar-13 18:40:31

Ohmygosh and mothernations, i have the answer to your prayers.....wilkinsons sell cherry drops! Went in yesterday because i wanted some aniseed imperials and they sold them too! [Smile]

Teaandflapjacks Thu 21-Mar-13 18:41:45

PeachActiviaMinge - try becks alcohol free?

Teaandflapjacks Thu 21-Mar-13 18:45:41

I went through a phase of eating pickled gherkins with french's american mustard by the jar full. The thought makes me feel rather ill now. I crave salt a lot at the moment - extra salt on anything. Sure it isn't that good for me, but I've had so much sickness maybe my body is trying to replace lost salt?

With drinks - I also knock back heaps of fizzy water with either lime juice or orange cordial - lovely! I found plain water made my sickness worse - maybe your bodies just trying to get hold of easy sugar for energy.

KJ007 Thu 21-Mar-13 20:16:30

I can't shake the urge to eat toothpaste but on the plus side it means I beush my teeth 4 times a day! I also walk round sniffing my eucalyptus showergel all day (I even have a travel size bottle in my handbag!).

Earlier in the pregnancy it was tomatoes and capers by the bucketful and only just managed to stop myself drinking the juice from the jar

glossyflower Thu 21-Mar-13 20:49:59

I couldn't resist the smell of old people's musty clothes and mothballs (I'm a nurse so come across old people's musty smelling clothes quite often so I could indulge in a bit of sniffage)
Then I found out my ferritin levels were 7 and started on iron the cravings went.

glossyflower Thu 21-Mar-13 20:56:27

I couldn't resist the smell of old people's musty clothes and mothballs (I'm a nurse so come across old people's musty smelling clothes quite often so I could indulge in a bit of sniffage)
Then I found out my ferritin levels were 7 and started on iron the cravings went.

themonster Damn! I'm in Glasgow and we don't have Wilkinson here. A friend in Birmingham just txtd to say she'll send me some.

Smitten1981 Thu 21-Mar-13 22:57:50

Pineapple and grapes. It's not so much the taste, more the water content. Mmm pineapple...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now