Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pregnancy is ...[insert text here] ..

(53 Posts)
glossyflower Mon 18-Mar-13 17:12:14

...a once in a lifetime experience for me, which I never want to repeat again!

FredKiller Mon 18-Mar-13 17:12:45

Fucking knackering.

BankWuggery Mon 18-Mar-13 17:13:39

Elusive (ok only on cycle 1 of ttc #3 but still...)

LoganMummy Mon 18-Mar-13 17:21:58

Much harder the second time round (for me anyway).

But it's also completely amazing and I love having my bump!

MrsSpagBol Mon 18-Mar-13 17:29:11

Very very very hard at times.

Quilty Mon 18-Mar-13 17:39:05

Long. So bloody long.

Crmmum Mon 18-Mar-13 17:40:29

The start of a slippery slope of losing all your dignity, haha!

sleepyhead Mon 18-Mar-13 17:43:09

...generally uneventful (if you're lucky like me), but then you get to the stage where you're struggling to get your boots on and you think "enough already"...

I was totally fine until about 35 weeks and then I hit some sort of wall. I don't remember being quite this ungainly last time around.

ChocolateCoins Mon 18-Mar-13 17:43:44

Its a PITA!

Guntie Mon 18-Mar-13 18:59:06

amazing grin

Librarina Mon 18-Mar-13 19:00:51

Surprisingly enjoyable!

I thought I'd hate it but I've hit the 3rd Tri and am still going strong.

I feel bad everytime I say this for the people who've had a hard time, but I'm looking at it as my reward for TTC being such hard work.

SeriousStuff Mon 18-Mar-13 19:07:06

...not what I expected!

I usually have a very high threshold for pain/illness etc... but my nausea and tiredness are turning me into a self-pitying mess! Not looking forward to birth!

Not as I expected!
After waiting what feels like an eternity I thought I would love it and enjoy every minute but I can't wait for it to be over.

SeriousStuff Mon 18-Mar-13 19:12:59

Littlemissexpecting jinx! I feel exactly the same. I want my body (and my normal appetite) back!

Something I can't believe I'm doing for the 5th time. My Dp says it's not morning sickness I have but moaning sickness.

AuntPepita Mon 18-Mar-13 19:20:46

Like a really bad 9 month long hangover, without the fun bit

...harder than I could ever have imagined, but completely and utterly worth it in the end smile

... easily come by, not so easily hung on to.
... very exciting once I can be reasonably certain it'll last.
... a thing of the past grin.

RJM17 Mon 18-Mar-13 19:38:02

Tiring!!! And I'm only 5 weeks x

Notably worse second time around...
But the end result will be worth it!

gertrudestein Mon 18-Mar-13 19:50:56

surprisingly expensive! I budgeted for a baby but not for maternity clothes, pregnancy yoga, joining a swimming pool, eating the contents of my house most days ...

Saundy Mon 18-Mar-13 21:15:09

...full of surprises!

No good ones as yet but I live in hope.

LittleMilla Mon 18-Mar-13 21:27:46

Not what my body was designed for. Decided I am crap at it!

Owwwweeeeeee

MumofWombat Mon 18-Mar-13 21:50:51

...harder second time
...in no way preparation for having a newborn
...sucky
...exciting

I know that might sound contradicting, but getting that positive test is so exciting, and the sucky (I only seem to get the rough pregnancy symptoms - none of the glowing for me!) comes afterwards. Also, I could kill people who say that the uncomfortable nights in late pregnancy are to prepare you for baby. What a load of b$&@$&@s!! I've barely slept all pregnancy and am looking forward to having a newborn as I can remember from last time I got more sleep then than I did when pregnant!

MortifiedAdams Mon 18-Mar-13 21:52:50

Lovely and enjoyable with short bursts of.vomit, bit of extra sleepiness, and the occassional "ah shit my ribs are killing me"

Trying for pg 2 atm.

Well, not literally atm....that wpuld be gross.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now