Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

23 weeks pregnant and bump is HUGE!

(19 Posts)
LittleMilla Tue 19-Mar-13 21:59:47

Dinky - I lived in London with ds and used to have all my appts at the hospital. From about 25 weeks whenever I got a taxi there the drivers would have a concerned look on their face and ask if they needed to get there quickly!!smile When I told them how pg I actually was none thought I'd "make it" to full term.

All very sweet tho and sort of made me love London for a while.

dinkystinky Tue 19-Mar-13 21:38:03

LittleMilla - I know what you mean. Bus drivers used to pull over around 100 metres from the bus stop to see if I wanted to get on when I was pregnant with ds1 - and everyone thought it was twins too! In the end it was a 9 lb baby and a lot of water...

LittleMilla Tue 19-Mar-13 21:22:06

Another shorty here (5ft 1.5!) and my bump at 22 is already comedy. By tr time I was 40+10 with ds people would literally cross the road to avoid me for fear of me spontaneously going in to labour. I was THAT huge! He was 8lb 5oz so big but not massive.

At least I know what to expect this time grin

Clarabell78 Tue 19-Mar-13 17:15:08

Don't get me started on the boobage!! I've gone from a lovely perky 32D to a mahoosive 34E and I feel like my new bras are too tight already! Gaaaahhh........

Kateliztmum2be Tue 19-Mar-13 07:53:45

Hi all,
So pleased to have stumbled across this thread! Same story here! 5'3" and surprisingly large bump for 19+5!! Boobs are what I can't get used to!
34b/c to a 38D!! I miss my bra free days! Ha ha
I do seem to be be all boobs and bump though and already carrying quite high, I seem to have slimed down elsewhere!?!?

Hang on in there fellow shorties!

X

Jsa1980 Tue 19-Mar-13 07:42:07

Hi, same here. Was showing at 9 weeks and I'm 5"2. Was really massive up until 36 weeks but have not grown much since so things have evened out.

Remember the charts are based on an average sized women (whatever that is) so anything over or under is going to show as big/small.

fatandlumpy Mon 18-Mar-13 19:42:55

I can be seen from space and have my own gravitational potential. I'm 5"4' (and a half!!!) and was a size 12 before pregnancy but usually wore a 14 as I like my clothes to hang off me. I was lucky that I could still fit in to most of my trousers until I was about 16 weeks, but after that... wow!

My boobs have gone from a 36D to a stupid 38FF.

I am a fatster...

Ezza1 Mon 18-Mar-13 16:16:52

Omg, this will make you feel sooooo much better...

Bumped into an old colleague today who would not have known I was pregnant and after making a fuss of my 2 year old toddler said to me "and another on the way I see...congratulations"

I am 13 (thirteen! !!) weeks pregnant.... :/

Lol, it is my 4th, but even so.... :/

Clarabell78 Mon 18-Mar-13 14:49:53

Aw thank you all for your lovely reassuring replies!! Has made me feel loads better (smile) x

fertilityFTW Mon 18-Mar-13 14:48:53

Same here, am 5'0, and have always had a low BMI so it's been a huge shock to my frame to suddenly have ballooned - have been huge for weeks now (am 30+6 atm). Plus it feels incredibly heavy on my wee skeleton - so that's a whole other slew of problems.

Just look after yourself and rest up! Am sure MW will let you know if there's actually anything to worry about - besides loads of us shorties have bred successfully before!

BentleyBelly Mon 18-Mar-13 14:26:58

Oh yeah...we're all quite short, I missed that when I read the post first time...I guess thats why! Don't worry OP, we can be little fatties together x

cupcake78 Mon 18-Mar-13 14:07:12

I am so pleased for this thread! I'm 26 wks and have just been saying to dh how freaked out I am about my massive bump size!

I'm tall and wide already, this is my second baby and I wasn't this big till almost 32-34 wks last time.

I'm going to the midwife on wed to get it checked I'm that convinced I'm massive.

Petcat Mon 18-Mar-13 14:05:17

The clue is definitely in your height! I'm 5'3" and had a big bump early on. I felt huge at 20 weeks, especially as I also have a colleague who's due around the same time as me. She wasn't even showing at 20 weeks and even now our bumps couldn't be more different in size and shape. I really hate comparing any aspects of our pregnancies, but you can't stop other people doing it.

My bump barely grew between 22 and 26 weeks and now I am perfect size for dates. I still look big because I'm short and my ribcage practically sits on my hips.

I'm sure your midwife will let you know if anything is awry. Hope you can enjoy your lovely bump, and your pregnancy.

BentleyBelly Mon 18-Mar-13 13:58:25

I am 17 weeks and huge. Its my first baby and I can't believe how much I have grown already. I am 5'2" so maybe its more obvious because I am quite petite but I feel like a whale and have a long way to go yet!

Ollibobs Mon 18-Mar-13 12:39:38

Hi Clara. I was the exact same way, huge from about 23 weeks and everyone kept asking me if I was due any day. It made me really paranoid.
The good news is, I'm now 35 weeks and my bump hasn't gotten that much bigger. I think I just show early (first pregnancy), plus I'm only 5'3 and short waisted.
Don't fret about it. A friend said people kept telling her she was too small and that really worried her too. I guess no matter what size we are, we can always find something to worry about...
Hang in there and enjoy your pregnancy! grin

dinkystinky Mon 18-Mar-13 12:34:23

I have a short body so get big bumps when pregnant - I look like there is a spacehopper down my top by the end. It doesn't mean a big baby - its just the way you carry. Am now 25 weeks with no 3 and easily look 7 months...

sleepyhead Mon 18-Mar-13 12:27:42

Bump size doesn't always mean a big baby. It can be the way it's lying, the length of your torso, just looks big if you're otherwise quite slight, amount of fluid etc etc etc.

The person I know who's had the biggest bumps has had 3 children - all around 7lbs at term! She's about your height and carries all out to the front and also tends to have quite a bit of fluid. She's had growth scans in each pregnancy and twice was predicted to have a big baby but not so far!

The midwife will be keeping an eye on your size and they'll scan you if they think it's anything out of the ordinary.

plannedshock Mon 18-Mar-13 12:24:11

It prob feels enormous on your tiny frame! I'm 36+3 and I'm definately smaller than some people and definately bigger than others. I've gotten big towards the end and some of my friends got big then seem to change shape but not get any bigger! Everyone is different as long as the midwives are happy with everything then don't worry!

Clarabell78 Mon 18-Mar-13 12:19:53

Am quite worried to be honest. It's my first baby and people keep asking me when I am due like it is imminent! I have a friend at work who is only a couple of days behind me and she is nowhere near as big. I'm worried that if it keeps going the way it is I'm going to be obscenely massive by 40 weeks! Is it possible that the baby will grow into the space that's already there and I won't get much bigger?! I haven't put on loads of weight elsewhere and I'm only 5ft 2 - just the bump that is friggin ENORMOUS!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now