Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Embarrassing Pregnancy Bodies

(57 Posts)
waitingtopop Sun 17-Mar-13 10:40:33

Ok so there's a few things that have been happening recently but my main issue is I'm 38 weeks and at night I constantly waking up with a wet pillow cos I can not stop drooling! This is just another Bloody thing Waking me up at night along with heartburn and constantly needing to pee (6 times last night!!!!)Please tell me I'm not the only one this is happening too and does it go away after birth ??

HeffalumpTheFlump Wed 24-Apr-13 12:42:52

Ladies this has had me cracking up! Glad I'm not alone... I'm only 15 + 3 and have had my fair share of embarrassing moments already!

I have PCOS and IBS that have caused me a few troubles! Firstly I tried to take pregnacare, which my IBS did not like... Cue me running through tescos with the 'I'm going to shit myself' look of panic... Only to find a queue out of the ladies and into the corridor. I ran for the disabled and managed to get there within nanoseconds of pooing myself. I then exit the toilet to see the queue of women staring at me and an angry looking disabled person demanding to know why I used the disabled loo. Sorry if TMI but the smell I left behind will have cleared up that mystery!!

Other than that I have had a general increase in PCOS related excess hair on my belly, boobs, bum and face grin not to mention the drooling, evil evil farts, fainting when trying to shave my armpits in the shower (???) and getting stuck on the toilet due to pelvic girdle pain... Cue a call to hubby: 'help! I'm stuck' accompanied by lots of crying/laughter. (crying on my part, laughing on DH's sad )

I fear there is much worse to come lol!

Sharles Wed 24-Apr-13 11:51:10

I'm so happy I'm not alone. So much for beautiful hair, my hair is thin and dry , my face would give any pubescent child a run for their money. I could play join the dots on mine .To make matters worse I have severe SPD, where my muscle constantly trap my sciatic nerve causing burning pain in the groin area and legs. Aah The glow of pregnancy .

rosiedays Wed 24-Apr-13 11:50:02

oh i've read this thread 3 times and laughed til i wet myself every time!

sunshine has brought on hey fever, oh the joy of sneezing!!!every sneeze is met with a little gush.
farting used to be a great reliese from bloting.... now piles bang together like wind chimes!
have rash on bump that itches constantly Px antibiotics.... says on lable.... take 1 hour after food and 2 hours before..... how the F**K can i go 3 hours without eating 4 x a day.... thats 12 hours???? (answers welcome)

Rico08 Tue 23-Apr-13 21:06:24

Oh the feeling that my nose is constantly bunged up, which is causing piggy sounding snores. This is also causing me to sleep with my mouth open, so there is a river of drool on the pillow and I've woken up with wet hair - gross.
Huge burps when I take Gaviscon for the crippling heartburn.
Breaking wind with each step when I walk.
Damp feeling downstairs, conscious of old lady smelly bits
Row of spots on my face that look like a constellation.

And I'm sure there's more

BabyHMummy Tue 23-Apr-13 20:58:51

Oh my life i am actually crying with laughter at this post!

As a pcos gal i suffer with embarrassing hair but have to say whilst my tash is now non existent my chin ones resemble an evil old hags.

Farts and burps tick
Acid reflex tick
Spd tick
Bleeding gums tick
Snoring tick

However i can beat the shitting the bed...this morning dp and i were having frisky moment...about to do the deed when the morning sickness hit with avengence...almost threw up on him but did make it to the bathroom just...a minor miracle considering the spd.

drawohamme Tue 23-Apr-13 20:31:14

It's so lovely to hear that I'm not the only one with a DH totally put off by my 'undulating' belly smile

millasmommy Tue 23-Apr-13 19:52:08

i have to add my 5 cents to this thread.
my baby girl is 10 weeks old already and my bum fluff is slowly getting less! i had a terrible pregnancy, piles were so bad from about 7 months that i had trouble sitting, standing, walking, and lying down! And i grew skin tags on my nipples and also developed hair in all the wrong places! I also had to have a c-section and the epidural didnt take very well, so i felt like i was being butchered alive!!! on the upside, i never picked up excess weight or got stretchmarks, so my post-pregnancy body is still the same! i count my lucky stars that even after the piles and other weird pregnancy symptoms, my baby girl is big and healthy and has been sleeping 10-12 hours straight through the night since 8 weeks old! Hairy butt and all, i wouldn't have had it any other way.

waitingtopop Fri 22-Mar-13 14:38:58

Uncontrollable farting is one that has definitely made an appearance recently.. I was stood in the kitchen talking to my mother in law and let off a huge fart with out warning.. She carried on talking as if to pretend she hadn't noticed but we all know she did and probably the rest of the street too!! blush

leniwhite Fri 22-Mar-13 10:23:02

Mine do! Such a pleasant feeling, especially when you're just out shopping!

Thingiebob Fri 22-Mar-13 09:18:42

Oh no! Do piles burst? I was sat on an ice pop last night, they were so uncomfortable!

leniwhite Fri 22-Mar-13 01:16:39

I'm 39+2 and feel like the most disgusting ball of stink and slime shock

Here's my list:

Piles that burst as I walk, yummy,
Sudden sweaty groin and crotch that smells like old wee,
Cleavage smells like cheese (the lack of separation from maternity bra+sweat) and boobs are now square,
All manner of horrific discharges,
Escaping noisy farts that can sound like someone clapping?!,
Random burps that just erupt when I'm talking (happened at work a lot),
Sudden loud snores that wake me up,
Dribbling,
Sleep talking,
Bloody nose,
Acid reflux that I've actually coughed into my dinner once...
Weird white spots on my nipples that hurt and just showed up yesterday,
Sleep orgasms,
Weirdly waxy poos that refuse to clean up properly. All gross confused

BUT the weird thing is that normally i have acne, nipple hairs and greasy ish hair on my head, which have all completely stopped since I've been pregnant!

I have no dignity left anymore, and I've always been a gassy IBS gal so I'm pretty used to finding sneaky ways to disguise farts as something else or cause a distraction confused

We've only had sex 3 times in nine months because DP gets freaked out by baby going nuts when we try, so I hope all this does stop when baby arrives so we can catch up eventually...

jbakedbean Fri 22-Mar-13 00:24:17

Thank you, thank you thank you. I've had a lovely giggle and at only 11 weeks with dc3 with teenage acne to make adrian mole jealous, random hairs on nipples, 1 stone weight gain, not to mention my oh saying "your personal smell is stronger since you've been pregnant" not quite sure what to say to that!!! Plus burping, farting and generally being a wind bag, and it's only just begun. At least with you lot here I know I'm not alone.

Must remember to do my pelvic floors, ive never had the wee issue and i deseperately dont want it ( i have a toilet phobia, as in will go to great lengths to run taps, go to the other side of the house, not use public loos etc so no one can hear me). Although not working a swell as I hoped, in week 8 I was driving to work 1 hr and had to pull over and have a Wildy wee in a field, and twice when out running. The shame.

pregnancy yoga teacher said pelvic floor exercises not only help wee accidents it can really help with piles. All fours and pull in bum pelvic floor as in to stop a fart. Even if it doesn't work it's funny trying.

Dp working nightshift and must be bored cos he just sent me a txt asking me when I'm going to seduce him. My reply was "Did me shitting the bed not do it for you then?"

Mumof, it a brilliant confessional here isn't it smile we should write a book titled 'Pregnancy, the stuff they don't tell you but you need to know so you can buy the right creams, lotions, waterproofing and protection' grin

MumofWombat Thu 21-Mar-13 22:02:32

I havent mentioned drooling to anyone - I thought it was just me!

No one really tells you about the unglamourous stuff before hand do they?

Havingkittens Thu 21-Mar-13 16:39:17

I went to meet a girlfriend for lunch and as I leaned over to give her a hug my nose dripped onto the table. I was mortified. Luckily she was also pregnant so just laughed with empathy.

MoodyDidIt Thu 21-Mar-13 16:19:55

Lol thingie grin

sexy!

Thingiebob Thu 21-Mar-13 16:16:57

Am I so repulsive I killed the thread? Only I wanted to update my list of ailments to let you all now I have now experienced the 'drool'.

Thingiebob Wed 20-Mar-13 23:54:43

Great thread. I am continually horrified by my body on a daily basis during this pregnancy.

My nose feels so swollen inside I am having to use the BreatheEasy strips at night and often I 'forget' to take it off in the morning.

I have PILES which I have never had and are driving me nuts, Everytime I cough or laugh, I'm scared more are going to drop out of my arse. Have seen GP and been given some cream but they have taken a turn for the worse.

I 'leak' constantly so am using sanpro all the time.

I have bleeding gums which I've never had before.

I keep farting without warning. I am like a squeezebox.

I'm weeing like a racehorse.

And the best one of all is I have discovered my first white har, then a few days later, another. Then another and so on. My hair is streaked through with white. It's like it happened overnight!

Bunnychan Wed 20-Mar-13 19:33:48

This has made me laugh! I can sympathise! I had the start of piles but it seems to have calmed down lately, my boobs always drip leak and my new favourite is farting loudly without even feeling the need to do it! That's my most embarrassing one! So far, I've got away with it at work but we'll see! X

Havingkittens Wed 20-Mar-13 18:44:17

Despite fastidious wiping, I don't have a gusset in anything that doesn't smell of piss by the time I've finished wearing it blush. Pyjamas, knickers, leggings, tights. So vile.

glossyflower Wed 20-Mar-13 16:45:57

Oh not to forget my mild vaginal prolapse which my hubby is a bit scared of lol

MoodyDidIt Wed 20-Mar-13 16:34:28

oh god last time i got thrush and piles practically ALL the time

as well as the usual heartburn, nausea, constipation. sexy

oh the glamour of pregnancy.....

It's comforting to know I'm not the only one. I've been keeping my knickers on in bed now to contain any "accidents" if god forbid it happens again.

SucksToBeMe Wed 20-Mar-13 15:42:03

These are all really funny! I am 30wks and the other day at work (quite a physical job with heavy lifting) i found that i had pood myself! blush

Don't know when or how!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now