Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Embarrassing Pregnancy Bodies

(57 Posts)
waitingtopop Sun 17-Mar-13 10:40:33

Ok so there's a few things that have been happening recently but my main issue is I'm 38 weeks and at night I constantly waking up with a wet pillow cos I can not stop drooling! This is just another Bloody thing Waking me up at night along with heartburn and constantly needing to pee (6 times last night!!!!)Please tell me I'm not the only one this is happening too and does it go away after birth ??

millasmommy Tue 23-Apr-13 19:52:08

i have to add my 5 cents to this thread.
my baby girl is 10 weeks old already and my bum fluff is slowly getting less! i had a terrible pregnancy, piles were so bad from about 7 months that i had trouble sitting, standing, walking, and lying down! And i grew skin tags on my nipples and also developed hair in all the wrong places! I also had to have a c-section and the epidural didnt take very well, so i felt like i was being butchered alive!!! on the upside, i never picked up excess weight or got stretchmarks, so my post-pregnancy body is still the same! i count my lucky stars that even after the piles and other weird pregnancy symptoms, my baby girl is big and healthy and has been sleeping 10-12 hours straight through the night since 8 weeks old! Hairy butt and all, i wouldn't have had it any other way.

drawohamme Tue 23-Apr-13 20:31:14

It's so lovely to hear that I'm not the only one with a DH totally put off by my 'undulating' belly smile

BabyHMummy Tue 23-Apr-13 20:58:51

Oh my life i am actually crying with laughter at this post!

As a pcos gal i suffer with embarrassing hair but have to say whilst my tash is now non existent my chin ones resemble an evil old hags.

Farts and burps tick
Acid reflex tick
Spd tick
Bleeding gums tick
Snoring tick

However i can beat the shitting the bed...this morning dp and i were having frisky moment...about to do the deed when the morning sickness hit with avengence...almost threw up on him but did make it to the bathroom just...a minor miracle considering the spd.

Rico08 Tue 23-Apr-13 21:06:24

Oh the feeling that my nose is constantly bunged up, which is causing piggy sounding snores. This is also causing me to sleep with my mouth open, so there is a river of drool on the pillow and I've woken up with wet hair - gross.
Huge burps when I take Gaviscon for the crippling heartburn.
Breaking wind with each step when I walk.
Damp feeling downstairs, conscious of old lady smelly bits
Row of spots on my face that look like a constellation.

And I'm sure there's more

rosiedays Wed 24-Apr-13 11:50:02

oh i've read this thread 3 times and laughed til i wet myself every time!

sunshine has brought on hey fever, oh the joy of sneezing!!!every sneeze is met with a little gush.
farting used to be a great reliese from bloting.... now piles bang together like wind chimes!
have rash on bump that itches constantly Px antibiotics.... says on lable.... take 1 hour after food and 2 hours before..... how the F**K can i go 3 hours without eating 4 x a day.... thats 12 hours???? (answers welcome)

Sharles Wed 24-Apr-13 11:51:10

I'm so happy I'm not alone. So much for beautiful hair, my hair is thin and dry , my face would give any pubescent child a run for their money. I could play join the dots on mine .To make matters worse I have severe SPD, where my muscle constantly trap my sciatic nerve causing burning pain in the groin area and legs. Aah The glow of pregnancy .

HeffalumpTheFlump Wed 24-Apr-13 12:42:52

Ladies this has had me cracking up! Glad I'm not alone... I'm only 15 + 3 and have had my fair share of embarrassing moments already!

I have PCOS and IBS that have caused me a few troubles! Firstly I tried to take pregnacare, which my IBS did not like... Cue me running through tescos with the 'I'm going to shit myself' look of panic... Only to find a queue out of the ladies and into the corridor. I ran for the disabled and managed to get there within nanoseconds of pooing myself. I then exit the toilet to see the queue of women staring at me and an angry looking disabled person demanding to know why I used the disabled loo. Sorry if TMI but the smell I left behind will have cleared up that mystery!!

Other than that I have had a general increase in PCOS related excess hair on my belly, boobs, bum and face grin not to mention the drooling, evil evil farts, fainting when trying to shave my armpits in the shower (???) and getting stuck on the toilet due to pelvic girdle pain... Cue a call to hubby: 'help! I'm stuck' accompanied by lots of crying/laughter. (crying on my part, laughing on DH's sad )

I fear there is much worse to come lol!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now