Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lying on my back for a facial

(6 Posts)
DejaB00 Sun 17-Mar-13 08:40:06

Hi ladies
Please let me m ow what you think. I'd like to book a spa day for DH and I on our anniversary, but this comes with an hour facial, and as I'll be 28 weeks by then, I worry about lying flat on my back for that long and feeling faint.
Anyone had a long facial in the 2nd/3rd trimester?
Thanks

GeordieCherry Sun 17-Mar-13 08:42:28

Hi Deja
I've had treatments where you'd usually be flat in your back. Get them to raise the bed a bit so your head's raised & put a pillow or rolled up towel under your knees & your lower back
Enjoy

Dannilion Sun 17-Mar-13 09:46:36

Hello

I'm 37 weeks and laid on my back for lash extensions last week, it took 2 hours and just put a pillow under my shoulders. Was fine. Just listen to your body, it'll soon tell you if you're putting too much pressure on your vena cava.

Lorelei353 Mon 18-Mar-13 15:48:31

I did this at 26 weeks. They put a pillow under my knees so I could raise my legs a bit and they were able to raise the table I was lying on so that I was kind of sitting up a bit. Very comfy and absolutely fine.

DejaB00 Mon 18-Mar-13 18:09:02

Thanks ladies, I'm looking forward to it now smile

learnermummy Tue 19-Mar-13 13:28:06

I had a treatment on Saturday (26 weeks) and they gave me a couple of pillows to raise my head so I was comfortable. Might be worth checking beforehand that it's suitable for pregancy as some oils aren't. Enjoy it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now