Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

i know it's kinda trivial but maternity clothes?? Is Dorothy Perkins 'avin a laugh???????

(66 Posts)
iclaudius Sat 16-Mar-13 21:11:18
KiBe Sat 18-May-13 11:01:46

Looks like Asda have stuff online too?

PixieBaby Sat 18-May-13 22:34:36

I tried various shops but the winners for me have been gap online (prompt delivery/easy returns) for casual clothes and then seraphine for work tops that look smart with suits. Mamas and Papas also do reasonably priced dresses for evenings.

I am pear shaped and found the gap 1969 jeans a perfect fit - bought a second pair! No luck with finding tailored trousers for my shape so I bought a belly band on Amazon and just used it with trousers the next size up.

FoofFighter Sat 18-May-13 22:42:11

And why is 70% of maternity wear striped??

At a time when you don't want to look any wider than you do, why oh why have everything in horizontal stripes New Look I'm looking at you!!

BabyHMummy Sun 19-May-13 07:39:52

I have had same probs. H&m are dodgy on sizing, mothercare and m&p just too pricey and new look only does t shirts and their size 18 is about everyone else's size 14. Am stuck in the one thing I said I didn't want...bloody leggings and oversized tops.

Wishiwasanheiress Sun 19-May-13 07:45:00

I got told by staff in Next that maternity "wasn't an important line to sell in shops"

So I banished myself from the store in my plainly embarrassing and appalling pregnant state as directed and as yet haven't been back for my, dh or anything for 2 dds.

Try asos. Unfortunately everything is now online only. Apart from red herring in debenhams

nowgotosleep Sun 19-May-13 07:55:31

This may help, in the past week I've noticed that both Zara and Primark have started stocking maternity clothes.
When I was pregnant, 2 years ago, everywhere had maternity ranges. I had 2 fab pairs of jeans from river island-I see they've stopped stocking maternity too, and loads of great stuff from H&M. eBay is probably going to be the easiest place to find stuff now though!

frogchops Sun 19-May-13 08:09:12

My purchases so far have been in h&m, asda, red herring and peacocks. Try peacocks, they're priced reasonably.

adagio Sun 19-May-13 08:39:24

I got a lovely maternity coat (last year) from Top Shop, rest of my clothes (work wear) were jersey dresses from Mothercare and Next, old non mat jersey dresses for about the first 25 weeks fitted OK, casual one pair of jeans, one pair mother care leggings and maybe 2 or 3 mat tops plus some old tops I didn't mind stretching.
My fave purchase was maternity PJs - lived in them in the evenings!

hedgehogpickle Sun 19-May-13 09:10:04

Most of my tops were H&M and red herring. Managed to stay in my normal jeans throughout, with them under a high bump - good thing too as I never found maternity trousers long enough! Bought one dress as I knew I'd wear it loads over Christmas & New Year and a lovely coat from M&S (their maternity range online dwindled even in the 4-5 months I was looking!)

Was appalled at Next having nothing in store & told them so. Hate clothes shopping online normally with all the hassle of being in for/collecting the package & then having to return stuff/post it back - even worse when you're pregnant and have no idea what size you are from one week to the next! Dreadful that these "women's clothing stores" can't seem to be arsed to cater for a certain group of women at all or only make a token gesture of doing so sad

BeCool Sun 19-May-13 09:19:36

I had some DP maternity tops. They stopped at waist. shock

Splatt34 Sun 19-May-13 09:35:24

next and h&m

Excited85 Sun 19-May-13 13:55:00

Went hunting today and found sweet FA. Shocked at H&M section, the whole store is full of lovely summer clothes, bright pretty and floral and the maternity section was just navy and black, few long sleeved tops and cargo pants. Horrible. If only I could sew there's a definite gap in the market for trendy and nice fitting mat clothes!!!

2Labradors Sun 19-May-13 14:52:05

excited I thought that about H&M. I got a navy blouse for work and that's it.

I have short legs and noticed that next have maternity wear in short leg but every time I check they're out of stock in my size (I'm 14 on bottom and 12 on top - pear)

I managed to get a pair of black work trousers from Peacocks and my mum has taken the legs up on them. They were only £14 too and pretty comfy.

I've ordered some items from New Look online. Got some 3/4 jeans which are pretty good, ready for summer! And got a dress which seems nice.

I'm at that in between stage at moment, normal clothes are too tight and the bobble trick is no longer working but I'm not big enough for maternity really. But size 16 bottoms don't look right. Such a pain.

nowgotosleep Sun 19-May-13 16:19:50

H&M have loads of nice bits online, but unless you live near a huge store, the selection instore is very basic. I had to travel 30 miles to a store that was big enough to have a dedicated maternity section. The only problem with H&M is that the sizing is crazy so it's a risk buying online!

ExscooseMeMrOfficer Sun 19-May-13 16:33:22

I got loads of things from dorothy Perkins when pregnant with dd 3 years ago. I also found the red herring at debenhams maternity range really good.

jayne99 Wed 31-Jul-13 06:03:47

I recently decided to switch over to maternity jeans and tried out the Morph maternity jeans. It was amazing! They fit so well and are so comfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now