Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pre baby break

(17 Posts)

If you could go anywhere (in uk) for a few days before the birth where would you go?
I'll be around 34 weeks and need some inspiration for a short break. Open to ideas, so hotel or cottage just can't decide what and where!!

HPsauceonbaconbuttiesmmm Wed 13-Mar-13 19:33:24

Is money an issue?

If not, go to Gleneagles. Went there at 35 weeks with dc1, was so fab. Lovely pg spa, one of the best restaurants in the uk and incompatible service. Just spoiled the whole weekend. Would have gone back this time but spd prevented the length of travel.

Fab thanks I'll have a look. Journey time is a bit longer than I'd like though.
Anyone else?

Ellypoo Fri 15-Mar-13 18:04:44

York is a lovely city, or I've heard Bath is nice too.

Ellypoo Fri 15-Mar-13 18:05:20

Ooh, or a nice luxury cottage in the Lake District.

BikeRunSki Fri 15-Mar-13 18:18:27

With no older DC, I'd go to a really nice spa hotel with a decent restaurant and big grounds for pottering if I felt like moving, somewhere like York, Bath etc for a little light shopping.

BikeRunSki Fri 15-Mar-13 18:19:32

or Harrogate, Cheltenham, Stratford, Beverly...

Librarina Fri 15-Mar-13 18:25:01

www.losehillhouse.co.uk/
I would go here. It's lovely, the spa is fab and the food is amazing. And Hope is a lovely village to mooch around.

That is exactly what I'm looking for. Will show DH thank you!
Nice potter around, good food and a spa sounds perfect!!

BikeRunSki Fri 15-Mar-13 20:00:59

DH and I used to live (in a tiny rented cow shed conversion) almost next to Loosehill House smile. Except it was a field centre then. . It is a lovely part of the world. DD's middle name is Hope, after the Hope Valley.

Librarina Sat 16-Mar-13 09:27:33

Yay! I helped!

Now I'm jealous that you get to have a lovely spa break and I have to stay at home and bake pie.

Pontouf Sat 16-Mar-13 15:27:51

iWeb I was pregnant with my first, DH and I went I Armathwaite Hall in the lake district or a couple of nights. It was fabulous, a proper spa in the grounds of a stately home, fantastic food, beautiful grounds. My favourite was the outdoor spa pool - pleasantly warm water outdoors in the fresh air. The water was warm enough to keep you comfy and the fresh air was jut fab, even in the evening in November 2010 wich was freezing! They also do treatments and massages specially for pregnant women. It was total bliss, would thoroughly recommend it.

Pontouf Sat 16-Mar-13 15:29:22

[http://www.armathwaite-hall.com/spa/lake_district_spa.php Armathwaite Hall]]

Pontouf Sat 16-Mar-13 15:30:24

Armathwaite Hall

Try again....

Bodicea Sat 16-Mar-13 17:52:42

abersock - seaside village in wales - gorgeous, has a lovely microclimate - super relaxing - full of lovely restaurants and nice people - lot of money there so it is v classy x

Bodicea Sat 16-Mar-13 17:53:25

sorry it's abersoch - lots of lovely coastal walks too.

Armathwaite hall looks amazing!!!
They even do a babymoon package smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now