Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Type 1 diabetic mums & mums to be damn that dawn phenomenon!

(998 Posts)

New thread ladies smile

Good luck Bona smile

Hopingforno2 Mon 18-Mar-13 10:13:36

Just back from scan&clinic starting to get worried now baby is 8lbs 1oz thats 13oz in a week!! If baby keeps up this rate will be a 10lb baby sad

Hoping dd was 8lb at 36 weeks. Remember the weight estimations can be 1lb out smile

Hopingforno2 Mon 18-Mar-13 10:23:04

I'll be 36 weeks on thus, what weight was your dd when she was born?

She was born at 36 weeks smile if you go to 38 weeks then 9lb isn't that big? Also with dd it was her head that was massive, it was off the chart!

Hopingforno2 Mon 18-Mar-13 10:35:03

They havent said anything about the head or abdomen etc just tell me the weight and whether the fluid etc is alright. If its 13oz a week then be like 9lb 11oz on the mon but almost 10lbs by the thus shock my ds was only 7lbs 10.5oz at 38 weeks she is gonna look like a sumo baby.

dieciocho Mon 18-Mar-13 10:45:43

Like spotty said, weight estimates aren't that accurate hoping
At least you have an idea of your baby's weight; they didn't tell me anything about mine at my hospital, which is why my sister had to rush out and buy a load of "tiny baby" clothes as V was so much smaller than we expected when she arrived!

Hopingforno2 Mon 18-Mar-13 11:09:38

Aww i hope so how id manage a 10lb baby after a section i dont know lol and the good news just keeps on coming just had a call to say my eye results have been changed and i will get a opthamology appt. she said that she thinks the doctor is just being very cautious as the bleed is on the borderline of where they consider to be 'close' to the central vision and its unlikely i will need treatment, the appt wont be for 2-3 months and the bleed may even have healed by then when things go back to normal r they kidding! Bg is gonna be even worse after delivery so now of course the phone call thats meant to reassure me is more of a worry than anything sad not having a good morning at all

BonaDea Mon 18-Mar-13 14:40:40

Hoping try not to worry too much about eyes - am sure it will all settle down soon enough after baby is out!

At my 36 week scan baby was projected at 7lbs 15oz so only 2 oz smaller than yours. By 37 weeks they didn't scan me but I was measuring 39 weeks by tape measure which is well within 'normal range'. Also, everyone keeps telling me a 500g / 1lb variance is completely expected. So, hopefully no sumo babies for either of us!! wink

Bit worried about the clothes we've packed - have one set for new born up to 7lbs 5oz and three sets for 0-1 month, which is up to 10lbs. No idea whether either will be right!!

Pessary has been in for 4 hours so far but I don't think anything is doing yet. Due for another exam at 4 ish. When they did the exam this morning the cervix was completely shut and they couldn't do a sweep. Pah!

Hopingforno2 Mon 18-Mar-13 15:08:04

Thanks for replying bona esp today! Yeah i have no idea what size to take so have some of both packed so far lol if it helps they tried to do a sweep on me with ds a few days before i went in and said they couldnt do it but must have done something as was 2-3cm when admitted to start pessary, hope things are happening for u.

I was okish about my eyes but was told that they hadnt changed much at all this is like 2 weeks later they call to say actually i will be given an opthamology appt?! But that i shouldnt worry, she said they are being cautious and she wouldnt have sent me but obv now im worried a) that my eyes are worse enough to be reffered and b) needing treatment with a 4 yr old and baby to look after and have to wait 2-3 months to be seen

Ds was 7lb13 and newborn was too small up to one month was perfect.

Bona which pessary have they used? My cervix was very much like yours and I started contracting twelve hours later was in established labour less than 24 hours after insertion. Hope you're not too bored!

BonaDea Mon 18-Mar-13 19:17:39

Spotty, it's propess they've used which is the one which stays in 24 hours. Have no idea if anything is happening - certainly can't feel anything as yet!!

They tried to monitor the baby an hour ago but had to give up as my scamp of a baby moved around so much that they couldn't get a decent trace. I'd have been worried except I could feel him / her moving around incessantly! The mw just laughed and said she'd try again later!!

Thinking of sending Mr B home soon - he's read his book, sent the emails he wanted to send and is now just pacing up and down. Suspect the cats would appreciate his company more than me right now!!

Bona that's the one I had and is much better for baby. I would send your dh home if I were you, if it were me I would make him stay grin dp stayed with me he slept all night whilst I was contracting though hmm

Hopefully you will get some sleep tonight and wake to some nice contractions.

The pessary made my labour go nice and gentle like a natural one it was great nothing like the WHAM of ARM then the drip.

Feel free to update at stupid o'clock as I will be up feeding ds grin

Hopingforno2 Mon 18-Mar-13 20:13:00

Oooh bona wont be long im sure look forward to seeing ur updates [smile{

Hopingforno2 Mon 18-Mar-13 20:13:25

smile even lol

BonaDea Tue 19-Mar-13 02:24:25

Well it's about 2.15 and I'm awake for fetal trace. Baby happy but as far as i can tell, there's nothing doing down below! Feel some v v mild cramp type feelings - possibly - but it's hard to tell whether this is wishful thinking! I suspect it is the latter! Come on propess, where is this labour you promised me?

Ward roasting and have already woken up several times just boiling. Apart from that, all's quiet. Bg levels are good - have stuck to my own food entirely! - and have just had a quick correction dose to combat dawn rise.

Hope everyone else is good and that the night feeders are getting some kip!!

Ah you could well be feeling something Bona!

After ds going 6/7 hours five nights in a row he's been up every two hours tonight sad

BonaDea Tue 19-Mar-13 03:19:30

That's a killer, spotty - just as you were getting used to some more sleep!

My baby has been completely konked out for the last hour so gave a lovely calm trace... Which they then decided was too calm and made me jiggle about, drink cold water and prod my bump to get a reaction. The baby eventually decided to shuffle about in response but honestly - earlier they said it was moving too much! Can't win!

You'd think they'd let you get some sleep considering you've got a bit of hard work coming your way hmm hope you're sleeping now

BonaDea Tue 19-Mar-13 06:14:27

They did leave me to it in the end but of course after that performance there's a limit to how much kip you can get. Managed to get another couple of hours - they also had both the other ladies hooked up at various stages so could also hear their conversations / babies' traces plus their lights were on. Definitely seems cruel given that I'm now expected to so some hard graft today!

Putting the eye mask on now in hope of another hour. Hope your LO has let you get some shut eye too!!

Nope no more sleep for me grin what's the plan after this pessary then if nothing's happened?

Hopingforno2 Tue 19-Mar-13 07:14:40

bona its rubbish when they wake u up to do stuff hope ur not too tired but u must be excited today is hopefully the day smile i only ever had very very mild cramps till about 4cm so you could well be dilating.

spotty only thing im not looking forward to is night feeds lol

Hoping he was doing so well! He did have 16 week jabs yesterday though and my wonder weeks app says he's going through a developmental leap.

On the plus side he goes down at seven (usually awake and puts himself to sleep) then goes straight back down after he feeds. Ds has a viral throat infection and horrendous hacking cough sad

I'm so excited for Bona's baby news!

BonaDea Tue 19-Mar-13 07:44:34

Morning ladies!

Plan is an internal this morning and then if dilated enough they'll break waters. If not, they'll try an oral version of the pessary which takes just 6 hours.

Then if nothing after that I guess it is a toss up between drip or if everything still looks totally unfavourable perhaps skip to the end and a section? Who the hell knows?! Seems like there are a lot of ifs and buts at this stage.

Really hoping to have some non-sumo baby news later today for you!!

Hopingforno2 Tue 19-Mar-13 08:13:40

spotty mayabe just the jabs that unsettled him hopefully tonight will be better for you, in all fairness im not sleeping overly much now between sore hips/legs and heartburn lol

bona ooh so excited for you! Have my fingers crossed ur progressing without the need for a drip cant wait to hear and yeah no sumo babies lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now