Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Type 1 diabetic mums & mums to be damn that dawn phenomenon!

(998 Posts)

New thread ladies smile

BonaDea Wed 08-May-13 17:45:16

Phew! We are pretty sure he can see and is alert but given he's not unhappy usually (ie no reflux or other pain) I thought he'd be beaming at us by now. Perhaps we frown at him?! (Actually I do probably have an anguished look on my face often when he sees me because of my bf'ing hell!!)

It won't be long before he's smiling at random things such as the window grin

Aww, sounds like smiling to me! DS was 15wks 6d when he first smiled, so 8 weeks corrected, it was a long old wait for us.

dieciocho Thu 09-May-13 08:23:04

V was 2 months and 2 days when she smiled - so about 6 weeks corrected age, I suppose. Generally, she seems to be around 1 - 2 weeks "behind" according to the books (which are just someone's opinion IMHO).
But what's 1-2 weeks in the grand scheme of things? Nothing, that's what smile

newbie6 Thu 09-May-13 22:58:15

Hi

Spotty, my LO is ff and is 4mths old and def not sleeping through although he tends to sleep from 6.45pm ish till 2am, on a good night till 5 but those are VERY rare ;) I'm pleased with his sleeping and not sure when you say most ff babies sleep through by 3mths old if you mean 7 till 7 but think all babies are different? Anyway, just wanted to reassure any mums who are ff their babies that they're not alone if not sleeping through. As for smiling, think my LO was about 8wks when the smiles started more often, it's amazing when it happens isn't it, you forgive them everything smile

Hope everyone is doing ok, my sugars seem to running a little high at the moment, not sure why trying to up my novo rapid to sort them without hypo ing! Also was at doctors re my carpal tunnel syndrome and they want to operate on both hands so not ideal with a LO sad

Xx

Oh no newbie I didn't mean they sleep through by 3 months, that's just what dd did, I mean they tend to sleep better than bf babies (ds 22 weeks and wakes 2 hourly).

BonaDea Fri 10-May-13 01:45:06

Hi newbie- your. 6.45 to 2.30 nights sounds great to me!' I could go to bed at 7.30 and get 7 hours unbroken. shock Ok probably not rock n roll but knowing I could if I have to!!

Shame about the operations too. That sounds tough. Assume they do one hand at a time?!

I'm up feeding and hope to god LO goes back to sleep quickly and easily!

Hopingforno2 Fri 10-May-13 13:25:35

Ok so going to sound silly but ellie during the night/in the mornings sounds like she has a cold esp when lying down i know the doctors cant do anything for a cold in babies but she slept from her last bottle at 10.15(tho was 11 before she finished) till 7am this morning i got up twice to check her but she was still sleeping. Should i be worried or am i being silly?

How do you mean? Dies she sound raspy or snuffly? Ds often gets snuffly at night. Dd never did but had a floppy larynx and she sounded like darth vader hmm

dieciocho Fri 10-May-13 14:23:48

Welcome back newbie, yeah, my sugars still aren't totally back on track.

Hoping, I mentioned a snuffly, grunty sound to GP a few weeks back and she said it might be Laryngo Malacia. I looked for videos on Youtube, but it's not that.
It may be for E, though.
Worth a look anyway.
I also looked at videos for Grunting Baby Syndrome (I kid you not!)

BonaDea Fri 10-May-13 14:40:29

Hoping, T has had a cold and definitely sounds like he has gunk in his chest, a real death rattle!

Mentioned to HV who said that if he is well in himself, eating and pooping not to worry.

Hopingforno2 Fri 10-May-13 15:05:40

Its hard to describe it sounds almost like she has fluid in the back of her throat/nose and is making weird coughing noises and she is feeding but skipped an entire feed last night and is sleeping more today tho would wake if i tried so i may just be being overly anxious but im going to get her checked today just to be sure it isnt in her chest. The next dilema is my dad wants us to go down but my mum has a bug so i dont really want to incase ellie picks it up as obv a young baby would suffer more if she caught it what do i do?!

I would wait until your mums better smile

BonaDea Fri 10-May-13 17:23:31

Def wait until she is better. Am sure they'll understand or tell them the GP advised you to keep her rested for a few days. Just a little white lie!wink

newbie6 Fri 10-May-13 17:59:23

Hi all,

Yes, am pleased with his sleeping, I know I'm lucky. The doc has told me they will do one hand at one time so I guess that may make things a little easier but still anxious about not knowing for certain how long it will take to heal and for me to pick up my LO.

Am going to get back on the treadmill to see if that will help, just feel my stomach is like a jelly mould, don't think the c section helped but hey ho I never had a great stomach anyway ;) the joys....

Thanks everyone and hope everyone has a good evening

X

newbie6 Fri 10-May-13 18:01:55

Hoping, my LO had a cold recently and sounded mucusy and was almost choking feeding cause he couldn't really breathe very well. Doc advised us to feed little and often so he didn't gag as much but it did sound horrific so know how you feel. He was better after a few days. Hope your wee one is too x

Hopingforno2 Fri 10-May-13 18:07:28

I cant see me taking the kids down this weekend but feel bad as my poor mum is offering to stay in her room so my dad can see them and my ds normally stays with them but dont want him to go either sad
I got ellie checked to be on safe side it is just a cold blush

dieciocho Sat 11-May-13 07:34:02

newbie, I've been thinking about jogging again because my tummy is still a bit squishy, but maybe it's too soon after the op. It was 4 months ago, what do you think?

newbie6 Sat 11-May-13 19:26:45

Hi diec, I'm thinking the same and have dusted down the treadmill in anticipation of shifting my belly flab! Good luck! X

BonaDea Sat 11-May-13 21:54:55

Urgh, isn't breastfeeding enough to shift it?!

Seriously, I have been walking a LOT with the t-bear. Partly because I have to get out of the house and mainly because it gets him off to sleep. So, at least an hour but more like two hours most days. Hopefully that will at least help lose the weight and then perhaps some sit ups?!

Having said all that I did look in the mirror today and realise I will never wear a bikini on the beach ever again hmm

Ah yes you will Bona!

Most people I've spoken to reckon you hold into some far whilst breastfeeding hmm I'm easily pre preg weight but still look rather soft round the middle...

BonaDea Sat 11-May-13 22:32:06

Hmmm. I also have the added pressure of having got pregnant on honeymoon. So I was at my slimmest (for the wedding) that I had been for a while. Not sure of getting down that far again!!

I'd say I'm still heavier than I was pre-preg and also definitely softer. Then again, it's only been 7 weeks so I don't think I'll fret just yet!

dieciocho Sun 12-May-13 06:28:12

Exactly, spotty, I'm not a massively different weight (it's the boobs, really grin), but I'm a different shape and texture!
And given the scar, I agree with bona - no bikinis ever again. I might wear a swimming costume, though.

Hopingforno2 Sun 12-May-13 12:49:11

I feel much bigger than pre preg in reality ive gone up 1 myb 2 sizes but im not stressing about it too much just now as ellie is only 5 weeks old and it was one of the things that stressed me out with ds and made the pnd worse. Im gonna be fat for a while lol there are worse things.

The more I think/read/speak about it the more I think ds might have silent reflux. I've fed him twice in the last hour as it was the only way to stop him screaming

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now