Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Type 1 diabetic mums & mums to be damn that dawn phenomenon!

(998 Posts)

New thread ladies smile

mylittlepuds Sat 27-Apr-13 10:46:06

Ha ha my DS pokes us in the eyes if we shut them! I'm sure we'll laugh at this one day...in a long, long time. I now know why some women rush back to work; and it ain't for the money. More power to 'em!

Hopingforno2 Sat 27-Apr-13 14:01:18

Can sympathis oh goes back to work monday and im dreading it big style sad he is the one giving me a cpl hours sleep in the afternoons at the moment

dieciocho Sat 27-Apr-13 16:08:26

Yeah, the daytime basket nap would've been good...but it only lasted for 20 minutes!
So, her two naps today have been in my arms to ensure she gets at least an hour each time. Ouch, dead arms.

Went for a walk and I found my bg was 1.3 when we got home at lunchtime shock. It was 14.1 when we left and we'd only been out for an hour/walked 2 miles. Good job DP was pushing the pushchair.

mylittlepuds Sat 27-Apr-13 16:09:55

Blimming heck Diec! How did you feel at 1.3?

BonaDea Sat 27-Apr-13 19:05:25

Crike. 1.3 is a cracker. Did you feel rotten?

DH took T out for a loooooooong walk in the pram this afternoon to let me get some sleep and also hopefully tire him out for later. Woke around the 2 hour mark with a bloody hypo - could have had an extra 20 mins if that hadn't happened.

Dreading what tonight will bring. DS is actually relatively easy in the day, especially with two of us. But nights are turning hellish!!

BonaDea Sun 28-Apr-13 01:08:56

Oh god another sleepless night in progress. DS finally slept this afternoon - he was clearly utterly exhausted and again this evening. However, been trying to get him to sleep since 10 now. Am so tired and just want to close my eyes hmm

Oh no Bona sad we actually had a good night for us up at 9:30, 11:30, 2:40 and 6:10.

dieciocho Sun 28-Apr-13 07:15:22

At 1.3 I felt exhausted and my eyes were all blurry blush.

bona we had the same when V was between 0 -2 months.; ok days, awful nights when she didn't settle. It passed, it honestly is much better now just 6 weeks later.

Then it all goes down hill at four months.... Have you all got the wonder weeks app? I highly recommend it smile

BonaDea Sun 28-Apr-13 18:01:36

What does the app do spotty? I love an app but need something I'll actually use!

It tells you what developmental stage your baby is currently going through. What they're learning and the signs, any ways in which you can help etc

I've just eaten pick n mix and although I injected and levels are OK (8) I still feel crappy. Does anyone else get this? I wish I hadn't had them (but I bloody love bananas and shrimps....)

Also back to my toothache does anyone else have problems with their teeth? None of my back teeth have enamel and my dentist said it was autoimmune, I probably had an illness when it was forming sad

BonaDea Sun 28-Apr-13 21:41:39

Hi spotty - good you enjoyed your pick n mix and levels not too bad after. When you say you feel rubbish, what do you mean?

No major problems with my teeth as far as I know...

I'm praying for a better night tonight. We made sure that DS had two huge naps today so I'm hoping that he is no longer over tired - that's what I'm putting the bad sleep down to as well as cold. He went down about an hour ago so I'm just waiting up to do his late feed then hope we can all get some kip tonight. Really should have gone to sleep at 8.30 when he did but was top dazed and confused to think of it!!

Just lethargic and thirsty. Hypo now though ffs....

BonaDea Sun 28-Apr-13 23:36:31

Bloody hell, you can't win! I far less often feel high than low and not because I'm not high just because I'm not so attuned I think. Anyway, more pick n mix for the hypo? wink

I had a crunchie grin

BonaDea Mon 29-Apr-13 04:38:51

Nice!

Better night here thank god!!

Ds woke 10, 12, 2:30 and now up for the day. Could be worse I suppose!

BonaDea Mon 29-Apr-13 07:21:41

We did 11.30, 3 (up for 90 mins and then resorted to letting him sleep on me!) and 6.50. Not too bad and compared to the last few nights at least I've slept! smile

dieciocho Mon 29-Apr-13 12:54:50

I feel ill when I eat "bad" things, even with an injection - partly guilt, though I think grin.

I have weak teeth, apparently. Probably genetic rather than T1 related.

BonaDea Mon 29-Apr-13 13:37:04

Off to gp again later re thrush. Again. At a loss as to what to do save lie down on the floor beating my fists and pumping my legs begging for them to make. It. Stop. sigh

(Sorry about the me me me!)

Diec - are you finding the guilt is a bit less now you're not pregnant at least? I am for sure!

I've walked miles today. After deciding ds has not been napping enough, hence was over tired, hence not sleeping well at night I am determined to have him have two loooooong naps during the day. I figure I can set one off with the pram or a car journey and the other using the sling. Sadly none of these options allows me to sleep at the same time... Bought some tops as I only have a couple which work for bf'ing. Very depressing because to get them baggy enough to lift up one side and not the other I had to buy an 18 when I was a trim 12-14 pre-preg. Am telling myself its a functional thing and not to worry about it!

Bona ime and from what I've read and other people have said (plus ds has settled into this himself) a good nap 'routine' is short in morning up to an hour, long lunchtime nap two hours (haha yeah right) then another short afternoon one.

I cried at the dentist sad the injection didn't work and he hit the nerve and I have to go back for a route canal...

mylittlepuds Mon 29-Apr-13 14:02:40

DD is 10 pounds 13. She's three weeks tomorrow. PORKER!

Oh Bona! I'm hoping not to follow in your thrush footsteps...DD has a white coating on her tongue. We've got the drops from the GP today so fingers crossed we can nip it in the bud. Do you think it's related to the higher sugar content of our milk?

Ugh. Tooth pain Spotty. Shudder.

I'm having real blood sugar weirdness. I'm 2u per 10g at breakfast but 0.5u per 10g lunch and dinner. Anyway after dinner I come nicely into range two hours after, sometimes plummet into range, but then after about half an hour I start rising. Last night I went from a lovely bed time test of 5.8 at 9.30pm to a whopping 17 at 1.30!!!!! It's not the eating a fatty dinner thing so I'm a bit confused. All I can think is that it's BFing related and connected to hormones gearing up for a night of feeding? Anyone else having this?

BonaDea Mon 29-Apr-13 14:12:51

Puds - thrush definitely likes a diabetic! I remember having recurring thrush in the weeks before diagnosis!

Please please please go to the chemist and buy daktarin cream over the counter. The drops (nystatin?) will clear dd but she may already have passed it to you. Treat it before it goes further even if you think there is no problem. I probably sound bossy but would hate for you to go through this!!

Can't believe she is 10lbs, that's great!! DS took 3 weeks to regain his birth weight of 7lbs 11!! Am taking him to be weighed again this week so hope he is topping over 8 and a half!

Re your bgs, sounds like you need more levemir coverage at that time. When do you take your dose?

Puds could be bf related I definitely produce less in the evening confused

Re thrush yes higher sugar content I think although 75% of bf mums get it. Did your doctor give you anything?? You can't just treat one of you even if you have no symptoms. You can wipe the inside of get mouth with a sterile cloth after each feed to clear away any milk as that's what helps the thrush breed..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now