Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Type 1 diabetic mums & mums to be damn that dawn phenomenon!

(998 Posts)

New thread ladies smile

Diec I'm really sorry but I appear to have popped out a self settler.

At night I feed him at 6:50 and put him straight down at 7/7:10 and sometimes he's asleep sometimes awake but either way he goes straight down no problem are after night time feeds I just put him straight down. I never change him at night unless he's pooed (which is never).

He will also have a morning nap in his cot. I just put him down whilst I get dd dressed and he puts his thumb in and goes to sleep. He doesn't always do it but mainly does. It's since he found his thumb really. He also only feeds for about ten minutes. He is 17 weeks though smile

BonaDea Thu 28-Mar-13 02:26:22

Spotty , I think Diec and I might have misses the order form for self settling baby! I have to rely on T being totally pisses on milk to just pass out!!

He will get there! When ds was in his Moses I always rocked him, it's only since he went into his cot smile

dieciocho Thu 28-Mar-13 08:43:42

Ok, that's encouraging! Except we haven't got a co t - DP's friend is making it - and V is faaassst outgrowing her Moses basket... shock

Oh I bet, how long until it's finished?!

dieciocho Thu 28-Mar-13 16:05:01

Well, he's been making since I was 3 months pregnant and we said we'd like it for when I go back to work (3 weeks time shock), but I've only seen one side of it so far...so I'm thinking she'll have it when she's about 2!

Oh goodness how are you feeling about going back to work?

Growth scan this morning has worried me - abdo circ now off the top of the chart, weight estimated at 5lbs (am 30+4 today). Not seeing consultant till Tuesday, but not expecting to make 38 weeks on the back of those results. Will report back when I've (hopefully!) got some answers though. Next scan booked in a fortnight.

BonaDea Fri 29-Mar-13 08:53:58

Rue, try not to worry. Am trying to remember where I was at 30 weeks but failing. Wish I'd taken a copy of my notes as they have now disappeared into the ether.

I know we all say it a lot, but the scans are wrong a lot!! In was given an estimated fetal weight of 7lbs 15oz at the time of the 36 week scan with an estimated 38 week birth weight of well over 8lbs. Teddy popped out a v average 7lbs 11oz at 37+6.

Let us know what the consultant says.

Had teddy's tongue tie snipped yesterday so hoping for some improvements on feeding. MW coming tomorrow so just hope hope hope that he has gained weight! Quite nervous - think it is a hangover from being in hosp where I felt we were being judged!!

Rue like Bona said they can be miles off try not to worry. Hopefully your consultant can reassure you.

Bona I hope there's some weight gain. Try feed him up before mw comes wink maybe tape pound coins to him wink

I've got another blocked duct sad

Hopingforno2 Fri 29-Mar-13 09:57:18

rue my baby was estimated at 5lbs 1oz at 30+4 so much the same and 8lbs 1oz at 35+4 and im still not getting my elcs till im 38 weeks exactly tho it has meant i need an elcs due to the risk of sholders getting stuck and uterine rupture(apparently pessaries increase this risk) due to prev emcs

Ok i need you all to tell me how silly im being i think or i hope its hormones and im not gonna cry till monday! My parents have not long left with my ds to blackpool for the easter weekend along with my sister and her baby and i cant go sad no room in car never mind im 37+1 and have a trace on monday. Ds will have a ball but i cant stop crying i miss them already how pathetic is that!

BonaDea Fri 29-Mar-13 13:29:29

Not pathetic hoping! Hormones to blame! Just think tho - you can have a lovely lazy weekend, napping lots, eating lots and watching rubbish on tv! grin

Hopingforno2 Fri 29-Mar-13 14:45:55

Yeah thats the way i should be looking at it but i just wish i was with them or they were here sad oh is working all weekend too so is just me on my lonesome for pretty much the whole time

How are you doing Hoping? Hope you're ok and not too lonesome!

Spotty - hope the duct sorts itself out pronto, it's no fun.

Bona - fingers crossed that the tongue tie snip has sorted the lack of weight gain, do you know when the MW will be round to weigh?

I've calmed down a bit now, thanks ladies - it's useful to hear what weights you were given as estimates compared to birth weights, I'd forgotton quite how out the estimates can be. So here's hoping he's not actually 5lb-plus yet. DS (who was born at 31+3) was 3lbs 8oz at birth so it's possible.

Hopingforno2 Fri 29-Mar-13 23:28:59

Im okish have tried to keep busy but still have waves of being weepy that ds is so far away as well as everyone else sad well apart from oh but he will be at work and doesnt Delete: feel show emotion all that well

BonaDea Fri 29-Mar-13 23:38:58

I am clearly v anti social - I usually love having the occasional empty weekend just for me!

T has fed so much better today so am hoping the snip has done its job. We've just totted up 9 feeds since 1am this morning. We were trying to aim for 10 per day but I'm starting to think its a physical impossibility.

I am soooo tired. How anyone does this with another child to look after I'll never know!

Hopingforno2 Fri 29-Mar-13 23:49:47

bona i dont mind the odd day but im so used now to even when he had to stay over with my parents when i was working i seen him each day that its strange plus he is very cuddly when its just me n him an i miss that. Im thinking its just bcoz when he gets back its only a cpl days till i go in to hospital and the worry over how im going to make mummy time for him with a newborn is setting in big style plus just how will i manage 2 after a elcs

Bona it is hard with two but at the same time the second one is much easier, plus you've probably already had 2+ years of no sleep wink

Getting ten feeds in a day does sound hard are you still topping up? Ds still feeds every two hours in the day and once he was about six weeks was feeding two hourly an night too. I'm glad the feeding seems to be getting better smile

dieciocho Sat 30-Mar-13 09:19:17

That's good news bona, l'm v. pleased for you, although agree that 10 feeds a day sounds like a massive undertaking!

BonaDea Sat 30-Mar-13 10:30:02

I do mean 10 over a 24 hour period rather than 10 in the daytime. Anyway, as it is we've settled on 9 I think!

Currently DH is v keen that I keep napping whereas although I do want to nap I'm starting to feel trapped at home! Might venture out for a coffee later - oooh er!

Ooo Bona would that be your first public breast feed?! Costa is good for seats I find. I went to bed at the same time as ds for the first 12 weeks as I couldn't nap I found that helped.

Hope puds is ok??

BonaDea Sat 30-Mar-13 12:39:03

Would be first public feed but might just time it between feeds and do that next week! Totally incapable of feeding without getting whole giant boob out for the time being. Not subtle!!

Good point. Where is puds?!

BonaDea Mon 01-Apr-13 07:16:26

Did everyone eat too many eggs and hot cross buns and go to diabetic hell?

I didn't get any eggs sad nor has dd yet! My sister is coming over later though. Ds is back to two hourly feeds-four month sleep regression??

BonaDea Mon 01-Apr-13 13:06:33

Good god that sounds terrible. Is that night and day?! I'm on 2.5 hours and its killing me. T's latch has gone to pot as well and my nipples are rawhmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now