Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

[insert morning sickness cures here ]

(83 Posts)
honey86 Tue 12-Mar-13 20:56:53

im 6 + 3 today, and its really starting to kick in now so aside from the usual ginger biscuits, any suggestions.
i used to find lemonade did the trick, but now in sick just the thought of it.blushconfused

honey86 Sun 17-Mar-13 19:16:15

rainbows grin just like me... buy something... look at it when im home... go green in the face grin

RainbowsFriend Sun 17-Mar-13 19:33:33

Annoying isn't it? I can't even buy any food as if I do I will have gone off it by the time it has come home - I'm better if DP buys it.

I also can't eat anything I prepare other than toast....

ATouchOfStuffing Sun 17-Mar-13 19:35:08

Marmite on toast was all I wanted early on. I remember being really surprised at actually having my tummy rumble at 16 weeks as I had felt so off my food until then! I seem to remember reading something about marmite helping somehow with morning sickness, and it did for me smile

ATouchOfStuffing Sun 17-Mar-13 19:35:52

Oh and eating little and often. The hungrier you get (even if you don't actually feel it, IYSWIM) the worse you will feel, so nibbling on stuff is better than not eating.

nannyl Sun 17-Mar-13 21:04:17

if you have HG eating little and often and ginger and other "wives tales" are highly unlikely to help.

anti-emetics if you can get your Dr to prescribe them, might, though i always had to like down 100% still, in absolute darkness and concentrate on breathing to try to keep then in me for the 1 hour they need to be in me... easier said than done, and didnt always work.

always take a urine sample (my dr got used to me taking in a bottle with about 1 drip of wee in the bottom for her to dip her stick into), and honestly, as awful as being admitted to hospital is, IV rehydration, and IV drugs do make you feel better for a short while (and feeling better for anytime at all is worth it)

Rainbows & Honey ....omg ditto that! Been feeling so guilty about the food in the cupboards and fridge that I can't even look at! Have a huge watermelon in the fridge with one slice gone! Sent DH out for chips earlier.... Could only face a peanut butter roll when he got in!!!! confusedgrin

I like Marmite on toast and I find it def helps to make sure stomach is never empty. It's hard work trying to think of things to put in it tho!!!! smile

honey86 Tue 19-Mar-13 07:46:08

it got me again, soon as i opened my eyes this morning confused gerrrrr x

And me. I feel really teary today. So fed up with feeling like this. AND knowing it's going to last for another 7.5 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now