Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early bleeding?

(13 Posts)
Littleraysofsunshine Mon 11-Mar-13 17:21:39

Lmp 17.02.13, and shouldn't be having bleeding until about the 17-18th of this month yet I have been having blood streaked discharge the past two days. Why could this be?

We're not using contraception and dp has been using withdrawal method which I know can't always be safe. Bt what other reason could it be? I am breastfeeding my 9mo but I have had regular monthly periods since December.

Littleraysofsunshine Mon 11-Mar-13 18:45:09

??

ExpatAl Mon 11-Mar-13 21:05:05

It could be anything. The only way to know is to have a blood test to check your hormone levels.

MisselthwaiteManor Tue 12-Mar-13 05:51:45

I think you'll just have to wait and take a test! Are you hoping for pregnancy?

Littleraysofsunshine Tue 12-Mar-13 13:09:26

Not just yet but I'd be pleased if I am. We wanted to try in a few months though.
My skin is also terrible. Acne is horrendous. I really dot know what's going on

ExpatAl Tue 12-Mar-13 13:31:47

For me the first sign of pregnancy was terrible skin before 4 weeks, so who knows.... hope you get good news smile

Littleraysofsunshine Tue 12-Mar-13 13:53:33

So my last period started on 17.02.13. I started having this very light period/ bloody discharge. And in not due another period until about 17/18 march.. When should I test as I don't know when my period should be now?!

ExpatAl Tue 12-Mar-13 13:57:51

How long is your cycle usually?

Littleraysofsunshine Tue 12-Mar-13 22:29:48

Just checked my diary.

December lmp: 13th
January lmp:16th
February:17th
March:10th

So 35 days, 33, and now 22?

So I've got it two weeks early? Brown discharge. And then some blood tinged.

Infection? Stress? Doubt pregnant as we've been using withdrawal and we haven't had it much as I've been feeling so tired lately!! Who knows but doubt it's that.. Just unsure why it's early? And not a proper period

Littleraysofsunshine Sat 16-Mar-13 22:59:19

Zilch...

Littleraysofsunshine Mon 18-Mar-13 22:15:11

Zilch

MammaCici Tue 19-Mar-13 12:22:27

Your periods can be seriously weird for several months after they return while you are still breastfeeding on demand. The average time for them to return is 14 / 15 months postpartum so yours came pretty early. Have you taken a test yet?
When we started ttc DC2 I was still breastfeeding a lot. Night weaning encouraged AF to return. Tracking your BBT and charting your cervical mucous can really help you figure out if and when you are ovulating. It's not unusual to have a luteal phase defect when your cycles return while you still bf. But this corrects itself with time and your can speed things along with supplements such as vitamin B6. There is lots on info online on this topic if you do some googling.

Littleraysofsunshine Tue 19-Mar-13 21:42:46

We wasn't trying yet, I've just never had this before.. And with regular periods since dec I thought hmmmm....?

Yeah 7 months is fine by me, it was within two months first time as dr told me I would get pregnant if I didn't go on the pill.. So me being hormonal I just did it and it forced my period back.

But this is odd...

And bfn today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now