Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Broken / spider veins on face?

(18 Posts)
pucca Thu 04-May-06 09:24:25

Has anyone had a broken/spider vein on their face in pregnancy that cleared up after baby was born?

I have a huge one on my cheek, appeared when i was only a few weeks gone, will it go eventually? its really red and horrible, have to try and cover it up everyday and is so annoying Grrrrr!

TIA

pucca Thu 04-May-06 20:13:13

bump

FrannyandZooey Thu 04-May-06 20:14:25

Sorry I don't have any answers, but did not want your thread to be ignored. Have you mentioned it to your midwives?

NotAnOtter Thu 04-May-06 20:15:35

This is really odd but my baby has them - on both cheeks !

waterfalls Thu 04-May-06 20:15:55

I think only lazer treatment can get rid of them.
Are thread veins the same thing?

pucca Thu 04-May-06 20:16:10

Thanks for the bump Franny...haven't mentioned it to MW as didn't think it was important just thought someone on here might have had similar happen to them.

pucca Thu 04-May-06 20:17:33

It is raised and red, horrible! just seemed a coincidence it appeared when newly PG, was hoping it would vanish lol.

marthaplatypus Thu 04-May-06 20:49:02

Years ago I went to a dermatologist for another condition. He noticed a small spidery blotch on my cheek and zapped it there and then. Now (since 2nd baby) I now have a small dot on the end of my nose (very attractive). When I get around to it, I'll probably look up another dermatologist as it's been several months now and I don't think it has faded. Good luck!

picnikel Thu 04-May-06 20:58:54

My friend had a giant one - right on the end of her nose too!! It's gone completely.

kayzed Thu 04-May-06 21:15:14

You should be able to get it lasered pucca if it doesn't disappear on its own...

pucca Thu 04-May-06 21:24:52

Okay dokey thanks everyone

LilacBump Thu 04-May-06 21:27:35

thank you for this thread. i have one on the side of my nose, not thought it had to do with being pregnant. i do hope it'll go.

kayzed Thu 04-May-06 21:56:34

I too was told I have a small one at the side of my nose at my last skin cancer check (I hadn't noticed it). Will have it zapped when I get around to it...

trix1 Fri 05-May-06 09:09:13

I had one at the side of my nose and had it removed yesterday for £25.00. So quick and easy, im 25 weeks pregnant and if it comes back I will have it removed again, it looked like a spot and I hated it. It took 2 minutes to remove.

carla Fri 05-May-06 09:11:43

Message deleted

pucca Fri 05-May-06 09:28:49

I knew they could be lasered as my mum had one on her nose done, but apparently they pop up somewhere else and it left my mum with a white scar type mark which when she gets a tan it stays white lol.

I just thought maybe it was a pregnancy "thing" which would go when babay born..naive lol.

pucca Fri 05-May-06 09:28:55

I knew they could be lasered as my mum had one on her nose done, but apparently they pop up somewhere else and it left my mum with a white scar type mark which when she gets a tan it stays white lol.

I just thought maybe it was a pregnancy "thing" which would go when baby born..naive lol.

Krstn182 Fri 04-Nov-16 17:29:06

Did your sons spider veins go away??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now