Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Changing Bags

(93 Posts)
Cheffie100 Tue 05-Mar-13 09:14:55

I'm looking for something really nice and a bit cool -would pay up to £80. Any recommendations welcome? X

nevgav Sat 17-Aug-13 10:31:38

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Babymel Quilted black Amanda bag, lovely looking if like me you are not keen on crazy colours and prints. It looks like a normal bag, comes with changing mat and buggy clips xx

Queazy Thu 20-Jun-13 18:01:28

Pink lining have a sale on their website on yummy mummy bags

I have bought an uppababy pram and just seen that they've started to make changing bags

MsTillyPepper Wed 19-Jun-13 14:35:23

@Cheffie100 - I posted a comment back in May. If you are still looking for a changing bag around £80 you can use the voucher code BUTTER for a £20 voucher off this messenger changing bag

Rhubarb78 Wed 05-Jun-13 20:35:46

Another fan of skip hop here. The buggy straps are very good as they stop the bag slipping down the pram frame.

Loupee Wed 05-Jun-13 18:57:07

Smerlin, that's exactly what we have done. I have a lovely Pink Lining bag that was a gift from my sister, and my DH uses the freebie one from Boots.
I love my pink lining bag, haven't had any issues with it getting dirty etc. DS is now 10 months.

Smerlin Wed 05-Jun-13 18:30:18

Any other recommendations for unisex ones as I want my OH to be able to carry it too...?

Nasty thought just occurred. Maybe he could have the free Boots bag and I could get one of the lovely handbag type ones

MummySparkle Wed 05-Jun-13 17:49:05

We have a skip hop dad for DS. I chose the wave / spot design as its not too girly to hang on the pram, poor DS! And so that OH will carry it (although the free boots one is stocked for him).

It has separate click loops that go over the handle of the buggy and they ate brilliant, it doesn't slide anywhere, it can't fall off. I get comments on it often. It had just the right amount if pockets too - highly recommended!

redwellybluewelly Mon 27-May-13 07:04:21

haveapear

Just to say I've been trying to find a nice changing bag for three bloody years and usually just use a fat face holdall handbag but emailing your v talented mum later to see about a custom order. Thank you!

MsTillyPepper Sun 26-May-13 12:20:31

I stumbled across a new brand. I do like their range and I bought this baby bag which i've been using for my twin boys. You can pack your baby wardrobe and more in this changing bag.

ButteryJam Mon 20-May-13 17:46:24

MustafaCake Thanks for the TKMaxx tip. Are the changing bags put in a different place or are they just all dumped together with the other bags?

elsabel Mon 20-May-13 17:44:32

Ive got a babymel satchel. I chose it because it was reasonably priced and was the one i could find that looks most like a normal bag, as thats what i was going for. Its not particularly big though, so depends how much space you need

Lou9899 Mon 20-May-13 14:16:40

The Babybeau ones are really nice and if your worried about leakage etc. There is a baby insert which can be removed and washed. I have the Belle and Eden which is very spacious and very, very light which is quite good as I tend to bulk up my bags. I did have a storksak Elizabeth but the handle snapped so i traded it for the Kate which I think is a better alternative to the Elizabeth.

scottishmummy Tue 12-Mar-13 21:36:33

It's haveapear who's got the talented mum,with lovely bags
I emailed link to my friend shes considering an order

carameldecaflatte Mon 11-Mar-13 22:05:30

I bought a ju ju be bag and I love it. They are expensive but I had a stressful time of pregnancy so I decided that I deserved a treat! It is huge, has zillions of pockets, extra backpack straps and I can and have thrown it in the washing machine after a poonami's worth of clothing. You can find them on ebay too.

xigris Mon 11-Mar-13 21:58:20

Scottish your mum's bags are fabulous! smile

hannah9000 Mon 11-Mar-13 21:47:24

There's a new brand (yes it's mine but I am a mum not a big mean company!) who offer changing bags and footmuff sets - Petit Banan

SilverSixpence Sun 10-Mar-13 02:17:29

I got a nice bag from Zara to use as a changing bag but it doesn't have compartments or external pockets do drives me mad! The new Storksak bags look lovely am thinking about this or this

olivertheoctopus Sat 09-Mar-13 20:36:44

I bloody hate those Boots bags, so ugly. I have a 4.5yr old Skip Hop Dash which has worn really well and I either use that or a Boden oilcloth satchel. The SkipHop is better if you're going to get the changing mat out a lot (ie with a newborn) as it has a separate sleeve for it so no need to try and shove it past everything else to get back in. The mat that came with it wasn't wipe clean though (durrrrr...) so I wasn't that bothered when MIL lost it and I got a custom made wipe clean one folding one off eBay.

Bodicea Sat 09-Mar-13 20:29:36

just realised this topic is already up for discussion doh!'

Bodicea Sat 09-Mar-13 20:27:42

just to throw a spannner in the works:

what are people's opinions on whether to get a beautiful girly bag or a unisex bag that your partner won't be embarrassed carrying?

haveapear Sat 09-Mar-13 20:24:38

Did you see the Facebook page someone recently ordered a campervan change bag and there are photos of it there ?

I love the campervan fabric too, but I have so many bags I can't justify it either and although she's my mum I still have to pay! grin

MustafaCake Sat 09-Mar-13 19:11:56

Wow, I love your Mum's bags haveapear.

I would happily buy any of them but would absolutely love the camper van one for a changing bag! Gutted I recently bought a bag and can't justify another one sad

haveapear Sat 09-Mar-13 18:20:12

Thankyou Scottishmummy I'll tell her smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now