Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else 37/38 weeks pg?

(695 Posts)
DeathMetalMum Sun 03-Mar-13 14:05:14

I'm 38 weeks today. Just wondering if anyone else is around the same point. Starting to feel a little fed up and I could still be waiting 4 weeks for baby to arrive. I don't have any real symptoms of impending labour at the moment. I am getting quite painfull tightenings with some back ache but saw the mw on friday who said head isn't engaged yet so not expecting much soon. How is everyone else dping?

milkyjo Sat 09-Mar-13 20:32:10

I'm feeling a lot of pressure down there. Have been a bit bunged up so thought it was that but been to the loo now and the feeling remains. I had the worst night's sleep last night. Bump still looks high but I can't remember it even dropping in my first pregnancy. I still think I'm in for the long haul! I was 39+2 with ds which will be me tomorrow.

Szeli Sat 09-Mar-13 20:34:31

Were there any signs before DC1 tho? Might be a similar case if there weren't...? Fingers crossed xx

SayCoolNowSayWhip Sun 10-Mar-13 07:04:17

How is everyone today? I had flashy lights in my eyes that turned into a migraine and had stomach pains all night.

Nothing today though!

I'm so sick of symptom spotting!

Hope someone else is popping soon.

Happy Mothers Day! thanks

Dirtymistress Sun 10-Mar-13 07:14:40

Well I waddled along to the wedding last night, had a glass of wine, got horrific heartburn, watched people dancing and came home to ds1 still awake at 10pm. Babysitter had text me to say he was asleep on her chest and everytime she tried to put him in his cot he cried. Bearing in mind she has a GG bust, I can't say I was surprisedgrin I am lying in bed having contractions. Not sure if this is it. But I had forgotten how much it hurt so now I think I have changed my mind.hmm

DeathMetalMum Sun 10-Mar-13 07:52:45

Feeling okay despite what felt like I was awake half the night dd woke up and even though dp went to her, I couldn't get bloody comfy.

That made me chuckle about your ds1 dirtymistress grin .

Few odd cramps but nothing to go by I don't think. Though my cousin had her two week overdue baby last night (not sure on any details). So it's my turn now I hope the baby knows this and makes an appearance soon!

Good Luck with those contractions dirtymistress whispers maybe a mothers day baby?

SayCoolNowSayWhip Sun 10-Mar-13 07:58:25

Oooh good luck Dirtymistress! A couple of paracetamol and a hot bath? <channels midwife>

Hope it doesn't get too painful!

and keep us posted grin

Dirtymistress Sun 10-Mar-13 08:52:15

Stopped. After a solid hour of being 5 minutes apart. Bastards.

OohShiny Sun 10-Mar-13 09:28:33

Noo! Dirtymistress get bouncing or DTD, anything to start them up again!

I got a mum to be card of my DH. I was very touched bless him.

Off to my mums for Mother's Day lunch so will be subjected to my whole family talking to my belly and complaining that she's not here yet. Oh the joys!

Fingers crossed for more happenings and thanks to all us mums and mums to be.

Radiator1234 Sun 10-Mar-13 11:11:34

No news here, fed up of this false/practice labour .... Pains for days that just never get strong or regular enough but are bloody annoying. Will get another sweep tomorrow at the MW and just try and book in for induction at 40+ 10 I think. Happy Mother's Day/ mother to be day to you all!

Szeli Sun 10-Mar-13 11:22:04

Been in pain all night but nothing new. Spent most of today in tears; thoroughly had enough now. Ever heard of an induction on mental health grounds? Properly at a loss sad x

Dirtymistress Sun 10-Mar-13 11:27:27

Aw szeli. Don't be sad. I feel very like you honey. But we will survive. Have a drinkgrin

SayCoolNowSayWhip Sun 10-Mar-13 12:11:47

Oh poor you - all of you! Szeli, Radiator and Dirtymistress - hope something happens soon.

Try and keep your hopes up. Definitely have some wine

Fingers crossed for all of us!

chubbychipmonk Sun 10-Mar-13 16:30:11

Anyone else getting grinding pain / shooting stabbing pain in their pelvic / vagina area when lying down? I was up and down like a yo yo last night with constant grinding/ stabbing pain, dunno if it means cervix is opening? Eventually fell asleep thinking 'I'll wake up in labour & have a Mother's Day baby'. . . Pffffffffffft.

Szeli Sun 10-Mar-13 16:45:51

Had that since about 20 weeks; according to the doc and midwife it's part and parcel of preg caused by increased weight/pressure xx

Dirtymistress Sun 10-Mar-13 17:05:07

My face has gone really really fat. The way that only a face that has reached the end of pregnancy can be fatconfused am so pissed off now. Want to go for a run and be thin again. Not a huge, practically immobile, incubator. Grrrr!

Szeli Sun 10-Mar-13 17:15:34

Was just about to say I can't wait to be a human rather than a vessel :/ sobbings stopped now thankfully but I look a reet state after 8 or so hours of histrionics :/ was even getting angry at baba for moving, feel like a total evil cow for how much I want this over with! x

chubbychipmonk Sun 10-Mar-13 18:52:41

I hate the pathetic feeling that everything is a struggle, particularly trying to pull on Ugg boots over my fat ankles. Feel like I'm permanently huffing & puffing!

DeathMetalMum Sun 10-Mar-13 21:22:19

How is everyone doing this evening?

I too feel completly fed up/pathetic just had around an hour or so of pains 7/8 minutes apart then just fizzled away. Heres to another uncomfatable night. sad

milkyjo Sun 10-Mar-13 21:26:18

I had no warning with ds until waking in the night with contractions 7 minutes apart. Nothing last night but had a nice relaxing mother's day. Midwife came today for bp reading and was happy. I asked about a sweep next week which could be a possibility. I'd rather baby be spontaneous though! Hmph, uncomfortable is not even the word right now!

Dirtymistress Mon 11-Mar-13 01:32:05

Well he's here. Ds2 arrived at 11.40. Went to the hospital at about 8.15pm. Got in the pool about 9. Hurt like hell.confused 7.7lb. Beautiful.smile

DeathMetalMum Mon 11-Mar-13 02:51:02

Congratulations smile Enjoy your newborn snuggles!

I'm awake with cramps again totally all over the place though.

ZuleikaD Mon 11-Mar-13 05:54:31

Congratulations Dirty! One down...

Newmum2013 Mon 11-Mar-13 06:03:36

Congratulations dirty mistress! Very jealous though!

I'm 38 weeks today and throughly fed up! Felt ok and human up until about a week ago. Now I'm full on waddling, struggle to put socks/leggings/shoes etc on due to pressure down below. Had lots of little signs but to no avail.

At midwives tomo and hoping she'll tell me its engaged rather than still bobbing around!

Good luck everyone! Xx

SayCoolNowSayWhip Mon 11-Mar-13 06:31:26

Congratulations Dirtymistress! Well done! Hope you and baby are well thanks

Maybe this will be the start of the domino effect..... smile

Dirtymistress Mon 11-Mar-13 07:25:39

Myself and baby Eben are fine. Though flipping heck, the after pains with your second are hideous. Next doors baby has been very very loud and I haven't slept but all worth it. Come on ladies, I want some more babies! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now