Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Anyone else 37/38 weeks pg?

(695 Posts)
DeathMetalMum Sun 03-Mar-13 14:05:14

I'm 38 weeks today. Just wondering if anyone else is around the same point. Starting to feel a little fed up and I could still be waiting 4 weeks for baby to arrive. I don't have any real symptoms of impending labour at the moment. I am getting quite painfull tightenings with some back ache but saw the mw on friday who said head isn't engaged yet so not expecting much soon. How is everyone else dping?

Pontouf Fri 05-Apr-13 22:31:07

Congratulations Novia. I think that is one of my worst fears - staying at home, working through it and going to the hospital at the last moment when I can't bear it any more, only to be told I'm not in active labour! Urgh! Well done on the new arrival, sounds like you had quite an experience.

shomes Sat 06-Apr-13 08:08:39

I'm still here pontouf was due yesterday, few cramps and painful BH but not much else!!

Bored now and have 5 yr old DS for all of next week on half term (another week) and have no idea what i;m going to do to keep him occupied!!!

Glad to hear all new babes and mummies are fine, really looking fwd to meeting ours now its just dragging!

Pontouf Sun 07-Apr-13 07:37:15

Hiya Shomes, I know how you feel, am 40+1 today, absolutely massive and have got a very active 2.5yo to look after by myself till this baby comes and DH can go on paternity leave. am absolutely knackered. Am using cbeebies more than I'm proud of! He's currently running around the living room being a dinosaur (shouting Raaaah) while watching Bob the Builder while I have a sneeky MN and a cuppa. Just want this baby to come out now!

Still no real signs though. Baby feels extremely low in my pelvis, am getting a few occasional BHs and an achey back but nothing tht screams that the baby is imminent. Looks like I'll be going to my consultant appointment to discuss induction/c-section tomorrow sad

Good luck!

shomes Sun 07-Apr-13 10:19:17

Oh no pontouf sounds like you've got it hard too. Now ds is ill again for the second time in two weeks and I've had no sleep, I feel like a zombie. Trying to mentally prepare myself for induction in 10 days if sweep doesn't work but by that time he will be back at school which will make it harder as he's not great with change in routine! Why can't these babies just be good to us? We've been good to them over the last 9 months! Lol!

ZuleikaD Sun 07-Apr-13 14:54:34

Oh dear you poor things! I have absolutely every sympathy, having got to 42 weeks myself. On the upside, your babies will be nearly a month older than ones born at 38 weeks or so, so that much more 'cooked' and hopefully ready to face the world! I've been surprised at how solid baby D is at holding up his head and things like that.

LuckyOwl28 Sun 07-Apr-13 17:23:07

I'm still here too! Walked miles this week with husband being off work and tried all the recommended tricks to induce but... nothing. Not even one twinge!

Pontouf Sun 07-Apr-13 22:53:14

Hey Lucky, it's really disheartening isn't it? I've been doing all the natural induction stuff too, have done raspberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil (both orally and otherwise!) clary sage oil in the bath, walking, bouncing on my ball, curry and have even resorted to sex. Nada. Still at least they help me feel like I'm doing something.

Am trying to kill time with cleaning/nesting. I spent over an hour cleaning the inside of my car today - in fairness it was disgusting, so it's now all hoovered and dust free and ready for the baby car seat to go in. Obviously in a fortnight's time it'll be covered in DS's raisins and rice cakes and DH's football stuff again but for now it's all ready and nice!

Some of it feels silly though - the Moses basket has had it's new covers on and been sitting at the end of the bed all made up for three weeks now. It looks like it's all dressed up with nowhere to go!

shomes Mon 08-Apr-13 08:45:18

Ah pontouf you are organised with the car, that's something I really need to do as its a state but with poorly ds it's just not going to happen! Will try this week if he's feeling better! Have cleaned the fridge and managed to try and keep house as clean as poss but its just trying to keep my mind off things that's hard! Good luck to you lucky xxxx

enjay0811 Mon 08-Apr-13 08:59:17

Hi all, can I join please? 38+3 with dc3 and have been following the thread for a week or so. Lovely to hear about the new arrivals! My dd's were born at t+1 and spot on term but have a feelin hoping this one arrives a little early! Been having painful cramps v low in bump and period pain style cramps in my back since Saturday but still no sign of baby! Jst gettin a bit fed up of waiting!

Pontouf Mon 08-Apr-13 11:27:14

Morning all, just had a clinic appointment. The obstetrician examined me and said I was a couple of cm dilated which was reassuring. She then did a sweep which really hurt! I very nearly kicked her - doesn't bode well for the old pain threshold does it?! Still, I am now having a little bit of bleeding which she said was to be expected so am keeping my fingers crossed that things might start soon. No decision made re induction vs c-section, just made an appointment for this time next week when I'll be 40+9 (urgh!) to see where we are. Right am off to clean the kitchen and then I might have a nap - try and conserve my energy while DS is at nursery. Shomes hope your DS feels better soon.

Welcome Enjay, am jealous that you've done it all before so know what to expect. Am such a newbie, I'm just constantly thinking "is this it?" with every twinge!

Sending laboury thoughts to all those still waiting! smile

enjay0811 Mon 08-Apr-13 15:46:29

Lol pontouf I still hope tht every twinge is the start, even after 2! I think we're programmed to forget what labour is like or we wouldn't go thru it again and again! wink most definitely worth it all though. Been for a presentation scan today to make sure bubs is in the right position for a planned homebirth, got to see the face up close and a pic, amazing! Looks jst like dd1 smile

Fx for everyone tht we don't have to wait much longer to meet our little one's! Xx

shomes Tue 09-Apr-13 07:43:11

Morning! Lost a bit of pinkish blood last night ( resorted to dtd!) but nothing after about half an hour. Had a few contractions but now nothing this am only BH. So frustrating, don't think I can sit in the house all day today waiting! Might ask my mum to take us out to the library or something and for a coffee as I need to be distracted! Hoping baby will make an appearance by the end of this week! Hope you get some rest pontouf it will be much needed I'm sure!

Pontouf Tue 09-Apr-13 09:05:56

Morning! Still nothing really here. Had a crap night, my hips are so painful now baby is so low and turning over in bed kills. Am home alone today with DS who thankfully seems to be in a good mood. Feeling totally knackered. An hoping my mum might come round this afternoon so I can have a little sleep. Am so desperate to conserve my energy before it all kicks off!

So have had a bit more brownish red mucousy discharge (TMI sorry!!) but don't know if that is just from the sweep or if it is a proper show. Am generally a bit crampy and backachey but nothing really definite. Baby is moving loads today.

Anyway, feeling pretty fed up. Hope everyone else is a bit more upbeat smile

LuckyOwl28 Tue 09-Apr-13 15:12:16

Just got back from my midwife appt and booked in for a sweep next Monday (will be 41+0)

Then will start looking at induction options. The wonderful waterbirth I envisaged is looking less and less likely....!

pontouf I know what you mean about your hips in bed, i'm constantly thrashing about from side to side, husband has been sleeping in the back bedroom on a few occasions! We were bought a memory foam liner at Christmas which has been a godsend but even still... ouch!

Hope it is your show and things are on the way for you! x

shomes Tue 09-Apr-13 18:48:02

Hi ladies, no more news here either. Had a few contractions but they are not frequent and not really that painful. However have now got the backache from hell and am really tired for some reason. Popped out to library with ds today just to get out, have had a bit more brown mucous but no more pink blood. Dh suggested we dtd again tonight to make It happen!!!! I laughed shock

num3onway Wed 10-Apr-13 09:56:17

Anyone any news?

num3onway Wed 10-Apr-13 14:24:33

Are you all in labour?x

LuckyOwl28 Wed 10-Apr-13 14:31:14

I wish num3onway !

Pontouf Wed 10-Apr-13 15:20:34

Nope. Still bloody pregnant. 40+4 today and very very grumpy. I'm having bit of brownish stained mucous every now and again and baby feels extremely low in my pelvis, but no contractions at all and waters still very much intact.

Shomes sounds promising, bet it won't be long for you now....
Good luck everyone. Please God we'll meet our babies soon!

shomes Wed 10-Apr-13 15:25:03

Hmm, no development here either, getting really annoyed now! Some more mucous but not much baby still moving and having irregular contractions but nothing else to report. I was really grumpy today too until dh got an unexpected few days off which will really help with this end week of half term. Oh we'll looks like ill be facing the dreaded stretch and sweep Friday unless all the walking I've done today will move things along!

LuckyOwl28 Thu 11-Apr-13 09:59:44

I'm 40+3 today and have no signs AT ALL. No plug, no cramps or pains... nothing!

I'm absolutely shattered today, but that's because my best mate finally delivered her first baby at 1am so I was up most the night overcome with emotion and a little bit of jealousy

She had an awful time of it; in slow labour for 3 days, back and forth to hospital in a taxi three times as they were full and wouldn't take her til she was 5cm dilated. Little Dolly-Rose was back to back as well so she's (her words) "ripped to pieces".

Isn't it strange that despite how horrific all that sounds I still want mine to kick in ASAP! confused

Pontouf Thu 11-Apr-13 12:29:45

Hi everyone,

I'm 40+5 today, had my post dates midwife appointment. My normal midwife was away on holiday so had a different one today who refused I do another sweep because I'm consultant led hmm

I did explain that I was very keen and that they'd done one at my clinic appointment on Monday but she just said I had to wait till Monday's appointment in clinic when I'll be 40+9 sad

On the up side all the time I've spent on my ball seems to have helped because the baby is no longer back to back, the baby has their back down my left side which is apparently optimal positioning, so yay! I had been feeling really disheartened that I wasn't getting the achey back I'd been having a few days ago but it must be because the baby is no longer pressing on my spine.

Still, I am pretty pissed off with the whole thing now. Hope everyone else is feeling ok smile

enjay0811 Thu 11-Apr-13 16:04:15

Had a show this morning.....still waiting for something else to happen....

shomes Fri 12-Apr-13 07:30:49

Still nothing sad 41 weeks today! have tried everything (twice) and still nothing! Have sweep booked in today for morning or afternoon with the midwife. Hoping she can do it or it will be even more disheartening!!

Really hoping its this weekend as DS is back to school on monday and i could do without all the hassle arranging alternate childcare etc. Just want to see our baby now, been very patient but now just a little frustrated!!!

Good luck enjay hope that means things are moving along smile

LuckyOwl28 Fri 12-Apr-13 13:15:28

We're the last clingers on of the thread, wonder who'll be next! Have a feeling I'll definitely be last....

pontouf that must be so frustrating that they wouldn't do another sweep.

Good luck to you all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now