Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else 37/38 weeks pg?

(695 Posts)
DeathMetalMum Sun 03-Mar-13 14:05:14

I'm 38 weeks today. Just wondering if anyone else is around the same point. Starting to feel a little fed up and I could still be waiting 4 weeks for baby to arrive. I don't have any real symptoms of impending labour at the moment. I am getting quite painfull tightenings with some back ache but saw the mw on friday who said head isn't engaged yet so not expecting much soon. How is everyone else dping?

ZuleikaD Mon 04-Mar-13 14:40:07

SayCool I am knackered. I'm a CM too so I've actually had three under-3s until last Friday. Pushing that lot around on the buggy hasn't done my pelvic floor any favours! Glad to be looking at my last two or three weeks of pregnancy, and DC3 is definitely the last one!

On the upside I've finally found a comfortable way of sleeping, so the last few weeks when I've been waking up at 3.45 every morning are now a distant memory!

SayCoolNowSayWhip Mon 04-Mar-13 16:03:56

Poor you Zuleika, but glad you're getting some sleep!

I've been doing some very gentle bouncing on DD's trampoline and DH is picking me up a birthing ball this evening. Curry and pineapple for tea!

Sarahcingram Mon 04-Mar-13 17:25:19

37+3. Can't make my mind up whether I want to have nice maternity leave for a couple of weeks to chill out, or whether I want the baby to come now!

I'm so uncomfortable when I sleep its horrible, but then the days aren't too bad!

Trying to clean everywhere, hate the idea of leaving the house in a horrible mess when I go in, but hoovering for 2 minutes really hurts my back!

There seem to be a lot of catch 22's to this whole period!

DeathMetalMum Mon 04-Mar-13 17:49:06

Wow I dont think I would have coped with that Zuleika. Glad you've found some comfort in bed. I am in incredible pain with my hips sometimes if I just roll over takes up to half an hour to go away then I have to get comfy! Dd was up for two hours last night hoping for better tonight.

Was also 10 days over with dd so shouldn't really be hopefull of anything soon.

I'm nesting/cleaning like crazy too, though that makes a good change from usual. Things are actually presentable for a change!

Szeli Mon 04-Mar-13 19:30:08

Gah I'm in too much pain to clean and now the plumbers I tried to arrange 6 months ago have finally arrived so I have no bathroom til tomorrow night and when they do go it will take all kinds of cleaning to put it straight.

Thought I'd love being on maternity, 6 days a week, 12 hours a day on my feet was taking its toll but being off is far more stressful feeling like I should be doing things but not having the energy.

Went to the midwife today too and he's not engaged yet but he's getting there...?! But then she went on to talk about inductions and booked me in for 2 days post due date... sad

Need this bambino! Had braxton hicks getting stronger for 3 weeks and been getting more swellings and headaches and even had 2 shows but I guess the little man is teasing me; he's so grounded when he arrives!

Sorry for the whinge, whinge, whinge xx

SayCoolNowSayWhip Mon 04-Mar-13 20:25:56

Whinge away, it's what this thread is here for!

DD has vomited spectacularly everywhere tonight so for once hoping I DON'T go into labour.

Not having a bathroom sounds awful, hope that it gets sorted soon.

Szeli Mon 04-Mar-13 20:48:59

Hopefully by tomorrow night it will be ok which is a bonus for a fear free bath in early labour (it currently creates a waterfall in the kitchen if I do have one).

But same, I really want him to hold off a few more days now, mostly because of the cleaning that needs to be done. Bah xx

SayCoolNowSayWhip Tue 05-Mar-13 09:09:24

Well, had the midwife today and she had a quick feel around - said my cervix is shortening and effacing and I'm about a cm. baby is fully engaged.

I know it doesn't always mean a lot with your second but I'm hopeful!

How is everyone today?

OohShiny Tue 05-Mar-13 09:26:05

Can I join? 38 + 5 today with my first and this is my first day on maternity leave! Feels like I'm skiving at the minute. Been a bit twingy and tummy achey these past few days but baby is still quite high so not getting my hopes up. Getting my TENS machine tomorrow aft and have been taking raspberry leaf tablets since the weekend.

saycool sounds like you might be close now then, hope the proper action starts soon for you.

SayCoolNowSayWhip Tue 05-Mar-13 09:42:30

Hi OohShiny - love your username smile

Wow, only just on mat leave? Good for you, I couldn't have worked up until then, too lazy fat and tired!

Is this your first?

OohShiny Tue 05-Mar-13 10:09:19

Yep my first. I'm feeling quite good at the min and have a desk job which is how I've managed so long I think.

I'm not quite believing I'm going to have a baby at the minute it feels a bit surreal hence the skiving feeling, but obsessing at every twinge as I've no idea what labours like or how/when it's going to start! Babies should come with an actual eviction date so we don't have to play this waiting game!

SayCoolNowSayWhip Tue 05-Mar-13 12:26:49

Yep tell me about it! Ten days late with DD which was the longest time ever!

Just remember you're not skiving, you're getting your body ready for labour. I'm sure millions of people have said this already but take advantage of your last few days of freedom without a child - put your feet up, nap, do lunch with the ladies, date nights with your DP/H etc.

The last few weeks are the worst... until the first few with a newborn grin

ZuleikaD Tue 05-Mar-13 13:07:51

Good luck, SayCool! All sounds promising.

Had a MW trip this morning and the wretched boy has got himself over on the right-hand-side again, so am hunched over the Spinning Babies website wondering whether to buy an exercise ball. I just don't want a socking great thing around the place afterwards.

christilass Tue 05-Mar-13 14:16:34

I was due yesterday , have had no signs since last Wed when period type pain kept me up all night . got midwife on Thursday for a sweep .
1st baby and I'm told they are usually late.
id love baby to be here before Mothers Day

SayCoolNowSayWhip Tue 05-Mar-13 15:40:45

Fingers crossed Christilass! First babies are usually late but as you're past due date now, anything could happen. Sweep worked for me with DD.

Zuleika I was wondering the same about the gym ball - is it worth getting for what could be just a few days? But I suppose they deflate, right? <clueless> And I think on another thread someone said they're £6 from Argos...

Hope he gets into the right position soon for you. I was told to lie on my left side as much as possible but I'm sure you're doing that already!

SayCoolNowSayWhip Tue 05-Mar-13 16:10:43

Well DD just vomited everywhere again and then so did I. Joy!

I suppose the chances of mine being labour sick as opposed to bug sick are slim to none.... hmm

SayCoolNowSayWhip Wed 06-Mar-13 10:22:46

Think I might just be talking to myself on this thread.....blush

DD vomited copiously throughout the night so none of us have had any sleep. Probably not a good time to go into labour!

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

milkyjo Wed 06-Mar-13 10:58:19

I was hoping to go into labour last night as I had a few aches and a lot more braxton hicks. But no, just a horrendous night's sleep. Probably from being on the go at groups with DS all day yesterday and then having midwife appointment who then sent me straight to triage because of increased BP where I had to wait for 4 hours to see a doctor who sent me home. I had no dinner because I was there from half 4 - half 8 and on my own as DH had to be at home for DS! I had a takeaway pizza waiting for me when I got home at 9pm though... mmmmm - apart from the indigestion I got when I went to bed from eating so late!

Szeli Wed 06-Mar-13 11:38:41

Woke up with a big painful POP down below this morning, after screaming waited for the gush of waters but nothing sad guess it was my pelvis clicking. This child is a pure tease! xx

Szeli Wed 06-Mar-13 11:39:33

I can't go into labour yet anyway because the plumbers STILL haven't shown up, it's stressing me! xx

Dirtymistress Wed 06-Mar-13 13:00:03

Can I join? Am 38 plus 4 with ds2. Fell last week chasing after 16 month old ds1 at the swings and now have severe sciatica as a result. Reached the end of my tether about a week agoconfused

SayCoolNowSayWhip Wed 06-Mar-13 13:00:30

Milky jo how frustrating! But everything's ok with your Bp?

Szeli you never know.... It could be a delayed leak...? <clutches at straws> <tries desperately to think of plumbing-related joke>

I got DH to pick me up an exercise ball from Argos last night. Haven't had much of a chance to use it with poorly DD but hoping to have a good bounce this evening. While simultaneously nipple twiddling, eating curried pineapple and having sex grin

SayCoolNowSayWhip Wed 06-Mar-13 13:01:52

X-post dirtymistress - ouch for you, your poor back!

I'd say take it easy but I know what that's like with a 16 month old.... Are you able to have any pain relief?

OohShiny Wed 06-Mar-13 13:08:18

grin coolwhip

I've just done my online shop to give me an excuse to stay in and do nothing again on Friday smile. Got some meals I can potter about making during the day for tea and restocked my baking cupboard to give me something else to do. Sod's law I'll go into labour over the weekend now and not get a chance to cook or bake anything!

Not got into the idea of batch cooking. Has anyone else? Not sure if I'll bother or not as DH doesn't eat stew type meals and I don't eat mince which rules out spag bols/chilli type meals so not sure there's anything left to batch cook?!

I've got my ball, not very good at going on it though although I really should to try and get this baby to move out from under my ribs.

Hope everyone's aches and pains are doing ok.

Dirtymistress Wed 06-Mar-13 13:19:38

Dr has given me 50 codeine and told me take it four times a day. Am not keen but have already had meningitis during this pregnancy and been given lots of drugs. None of it is ideal but when you are in agony, you have to Di whatever it takeshmm I sound like a right moany cow! When I'm not upduffed I promise I am jolly!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now