Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else 37/38 weeks pg?

(695 Posts)
DeathMetalMum Sun 03-Mar-13 14:05:14

I'm 38 weeks today. Just wondering if anyone else is around the same point. Starting to feel a little fed up and I could still be waiting 4 weeks for baby to arrive. I don't have any real symptoms of impending labour at the moment. I am getting quite painfull tightenings with some back ache but saw the mw on friday who said head isn't engaged yet so not expecting much soon. How is everyone else dping?

Szeli Sat 23-Mar-13 18:22:28

Scare us silly haha congrats! xx

SayCoolNowSayWhip Sat 23-Mar-13 18:44:44

Congratulations Chipmonk! Yes please do share your story - but only if you want to!

How are the newborn snuggles??

marshkat Sat 23-Mar-13 18:57:21

Well done chipmonk. Please share your story!!!

sundaesundae Sat 23-Mar-13 20:07:17

Congratulations Chip, hope you are having lovely snuggles smile Please do share xx

(no due date baby here and no sign of imminence, unless sudden crushing tiredness and a very active bump is a sign!).

marshkat Sat 23-Mar-13 20:35:05

Just had my show, im excited now!! But i know it could still be ages! I have got lower back ache but no contractions yet!!!

twinklesparkles Sat 23-Mar-13 21:49:35

Congrats to those who have had their babies smile

Where can I buy rasberry leaf tea? And how many weeks can you have it from?? Its not dangerous at all is it??

Sorry silly questions

sundaesundae Sat 23-Mar-13 22:01:28

Marshkat, hope it comes to something, had half of one a week ago and nothing doing here, so hopeful yours will produce!

RLT is not dangerous, tones uterus or something? Think healthfood shops or similar, I think they say after 37 weeks? I haven't bothered, wish I had now, it might have helped!

Dirtymistress Sun 24-Mar-13 00:02:48

Congratulations chubbychipgrin go on, tell all, mines already outwink two weeks old as of sunday! Come on the rest of you!

Szeli Sun 24-Mar-13 03:18:45

Well waters have broken, just been sent home from hospital with an induction booked for Monday morn. Woo we have movement xx

Dirtymistress Sun 24-Mar-13 03:37:56

So is the induction in case things don't happen by themselves between now and then? Labours are so completely different. My waters go and I know I am at the end as both boys appeared within 15 minutes of me hearing that 'pop'.

Szeli Sun 24-Mar-13 05:03:52

Yeah although they're expecting me back today sometime apparently around 80% of women will have baby within 24 hours but they''ve booked an induction in case I'm in the 20%.

Still not started dilating so we'll see what gives xx

Newmum2013 Sun 24-Mar-13 05:28:08

Oh good luck!! Fingers crossed things start happening soon. Try and get some rest

Szeli Sun 24-Mar-13 05:57:50

I'm flipping between terrified and excited but am in so much pain that I know will only get worse aargh x

ZuleikaD Sun 24-Mar-13 06:09:58

Good luck Szeli!
No sign of anything happening here - one painful contraction yesterday evening and then nada!

SayCoolNowSayWhip Sun 24-Mar-13 07:41:44

Good luck Szeli! Obviously your top priority will be keeping us posted wink

Hope you have a swift and pain free labour.

Dirtymistress I can't believe yours is 2 weeks old already! Wow.

sundaesundae Sun 24-Mar-13 07:45:12

Good luck Szeli! Hurrah for another baby soon smile x

chubbychipmonk Sun 24-Mar-13 14:02:55

Good luck Szeli. . Will save my labour story till you are snuggling up with your baby! wink

twinklesparkles Sun 24-Mar-13 15:14:47

Good luck szeli smile hope baby is here soon

Its official! Less than 2 weeks to go!! smile or 4 weeks if she decides not to come out getting some rasberry leaf tea tommorow smile come on baby

num3onway Sun 24-Mar-13 15:35:18

good luck to those having signs! wish I was joining you lol

38+2

Dirtymistress Sun 24-Mar-13 15:46:28

Aw come on chubbychip! Spill grin

OohShinyChocolateHollowBunnies Sun 24-Mar-13 18:45:12

Well done Chip we need the horror stories as well as the good! And Szeli, pain free thoughts for an easy labour being sent your way!

Still nothing for me. I am very envy of everyone who has had/having their new babies. 40+10 now so she's only got 2 days left to decide she's coming on her own rather than me having to be induced on Wed.

I'm tired of getting excited at every twinge so I will prob ignore all signs of labour if it starts and end up having her at home or in the car!

Szeli Sun 24-Mar-13 23:11:07

Waters went green at home so I'm now 6 hours into the induction. Hurts like merry hell! xx

chubbychipmonk Mon 25-Mar-13 00:12:09

Good luck Szel. . Thinking of you!Mind over matter, you can do it!!! You'll be cuddling your baby before you know it!! envy

OohShinyChocolateHollowBunnies Mon 25-Mar-13 04:01:39

Think I've started! It really bloody hurts. Don't think I'm going to be able to cope. sad

Getting intense period pain/feeling like i need to poo even though i dont (tmi sorry!) under my bump in a wave that's lasting up to a min. Started off about 15 mins apart around half past midnight and are now every 10 mins. Had a bit of blood when I wiped so phoned labour ward and they said its most likely from my mucous plug and not to worry but keep an eye on it.

I've had some paracetamol which have done nothing! And am just in the bath to see if I can cope in there but it really hurts and I don't like it!

Starting to feel sick as well which isn't helping. Once I can't cope in the bath any longer I'm going to try my tens machine and hope that helps me to cope.

Hope your doing ok Szeli and you have a snugly newborn by now.

Dirtymistress Mon 25-Mar-13 04:12:42

You can do it shinysmile try to have a little faith in yourself. It is going to hurt like hell, but it won't kill you, and all the pain will get you closer and closer to holding that baby. Labour is hard going, but there is a purpose to it. Grit your teeth and be strong. Thinking of you. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now