Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else 37/38 weeks pg?

(695 Posts)
DeathMetalMum Sun 03-Mar-13 14:05:14

I'm 38 weeks today. Just wondering if anyone else is around the same point. Starting to feel a little fed up and I could still be waiting 4 weeks for baby to arrive. I don't have any real symptoms of impending labour at the moment. I am getting quite painfull tightenings with some back ache but saw the mw on friday who said head isn't engaged yet so not expecting much soon. How is everyone else dping?

Msbluesky32 Sun 17-Mar-13 22:58:55

I'm 37 weeks exactly.
I've been getting period type cramps for two weeks off and on and now I'm 4/5 engaged - anyone have experiences of this at this stage? Does it mean baby's arrival is imminent? My lungs are so squashed I get stars whilst sitting down - there is no more room in there surely.

OohShiny Sun 17-Mar-13 23:04:46

Baby has been VERY active this past hour and a half.

Got a bit of lower back pain and some quite strong but not really painful twinges but don't know if its the start of the real thing yet or not as I can't tell if they're proper twinges or related to how strongly she's moving about. Going to browse on here for a bit then hopefully try and sleep and see how it goes if I can!

If I am in labour I'll never hear the end of it. Me and DH dtd for the first time in a few weeks this afternoon. It only took us 2 weeks to conceive this baba what with his 'super sperm' and all his words, obviously. And now if that's what's set me off he will be well chuffed with himself!

sundaesundae Mon 18-Mar-13 00:21:37

Whole bloody day of horrid period pain. No baby. No contractions. It will all have stopped by morning. I officially hate my body!

Nearlymummyof2 Mon 18-Mar-13 01:58:02

Hi ladies can I join? I'm 38+ 2
I thought I was on my own!! It's so re assuring hearing that I'm not the only one thats fed up!! This is my second I have an almost 5 year gap and cannot remember a thing. I cling onto any twinge thinking its time but nothing!! How fustratrating angry I really feel for the ladies that have gone over due date and hope its soon for u I really do. As u can prob guess I'm up at ridiculous oclock because of SPD pains and heartburn and BH- all the usual smile sorry to rant but feels soooo good to let it all out. It's nice to also here of the lovely arrivals it makes it all sound worth it CONGRATULATIONS ladies

Newmum2013 Mon 18-Mar-13 05:51:27

I'm 39 weeks today! Started with some pains yday but of course, they stopped! So ready for baby now. Never thought I'd say this but I'm bored on mat leave. Running out of things to do!

Hope some more babies arrive this week

milkyjo Mon 18-Mar-13 07:26:32

sundae poor you, I felt like that - I know we should be grateful that we can get pregnant and have lovely babies but I bloody hate feeling like this.

On another note (sorry!) I'm having contractions every 10 minutes, only lasting for 20 seconds, I've had some paracetamol. DH has gone to work - I did warn him I'd had a few strong tightenings in the night. DS is still in bed, dreading when he wakes up as I've got to get him sorted for the day. I had a similar start of labour with DS, 10 minutes apart for about 2 hours then 5 minutes, then back to back! Wondering when to phone the midwives to give them a heads up re clinic rearranging as I'm having a homebirth hopefully! Also means I won't be having that sweep booked in for later!

ZuleikaD Mon 18-Mar-13 07:57:46

Go milkybaby!

I was just popping in to say that clearly all these babies want to be Aries not Pisces, but it looks like you might get in under the wire!

SayCoolNowSayWhip Mon 18-Mar-13 08:05:20

How exciting milkyjo! Fingers crossed you'll see your baby soon smile

Pass some of those labour vibes over grin

OohShiny Mon 18-Mar-13 08:18:05

Ooh Milky good luck, keep us informed! I've woken up this morning to nothing but very slight period pain so I'm cheering myself up by baking today!

I also hate my body. I had such high hopes last night and was getting quite excited. Oh to be a man the lucky bastards!.

SayCoolNowSayWhip Mon 18-Mar-13 08:37:19

Me too Shiny with the cramps and the hopeful signs last night.... sad

Am grumpy and moody and taking it out on various threads on here. Must step away from MN.....

I just want my baby out! So I can have several large glasses of wine

sundaesundae Mon 18-Mar-13 08:45:02

Go Milky!!!!

Szeli Mon 18-Mar-13 09:27:29

Two nights now of contraction ish feelings every 5/10 minutes lasting 30 seconds or so but will not get stronger and have eased off a bit now. I know I'm gonna end up quite advanced and at home because of all this 'little boy who cried wolf" business. Went on for hours last night, crying thru some of them. Then BAM nothing sad

Off to the midwife shortly who can at least tell me if he's engaged. She won't do internals tho.

Good luck milky hope this is it for you now smile xx

num3onway Mon 18-Mar-13 10:37:50

Szeli I was like that for a week in my last pregnancy, it did eventually develop into full labour!
Had period pains last night but they turned into nothing and apart from feeling like I was being stabbed in the bits while on school run I've had nothing else.
Trying to crack on with the nursery today however just got abit emotional over being too weak to screw together the Moses stand! Damn hormones!

37+3

Szeli Mon 18-Mar-13 11:43:48

My Moses basket nightmare was me throwing a tantrum, having a panic attack and then ringing my mother and declaring that if I couldn't even put together a Moses basket and bouncy chair then how the hell could I cope with a baby.

They drove 150 miles to come and fix it for me. (I must have sounded awful) love em.

Been to the midwife, persuaded her to do a sweep a day early so Friday it will be; otherwise she wasn't going to see me again! Freaks me out a bit her doing it at my house :/ hopefully il have him before then tho. Runs for 2 days now and 4/5 palpable (that's 1/5 engaged isn't it?).

Hurry up child! xx

num3onway Mon 18-Mar-13 11:57:46

Lol szeli, is this your first? I've had two children already but no sweeps, never even been mentioned to me so I dunno if my mw does them! I have heard if its not first baby they aren't allowed before 41 wks! So hopefully I won't get there. Ds 1 was born at 39 and ds2 at 38. But since this one is a girl I have a feeling she may Suprise us! Stabby pains in bits as I potter about the house though!

37+3

Dirtymistress Mon 18-Mar-13 12:02:29

I think I want dirtybaby to go back in! Second day without DP, and have another 3 to contend with this week. Just getting the three of us out the house was a bloody nightmare, they both need me for different things at the same time. Two under 18 months is not double the work, it's like being in the midst of a tornadogrin why did I think this was a good idea?!

SayCoolNowSayWhip Mon 18-Mar-13 12:16:19

To clarify - Moses baskets are the work of the devil <gavel>. They are impossible to put up. Took me all bloody morning on Friday just to put all the newly washed covers on correctly.... Then trying to get the hood thing on and screwing it in.... Still not sure it's right. And don't even get me started on the rocking stand!

I feel your Moses pain, ladies.

Oh Dirtymistress sad Have a wine brew. I think getting two under 18 month olds out the house is a fricking miracle for TWO parents let alone one. How very DARE your DP leave you alone??!! (Kidding.... Sort of...)

Don't beat yourself up if you can't do it. Personally I'm fully expecting the first few weeks of Baby Whip's life to be filled with CBeebies for DD and nowt much else than the sofa!

Don't try and do too much lovey (although I know you must long to get out of the house!)

Sending supportive vibes smile

milkyjo Mon 18-Mar-13 12:52:05

Argh just come back from midwife appointment. Tightenings aren't getting any stronger but still painful and still every ten minutes. She examined me but couldn't get to my cervix so obviously nothing productive going on there! She's booked me for another sweep on Friday then she mentioned the dreaded 'I' word! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Nearlymummyof2 Mon 18-Mar-13 13:01:38

Fingers crossed for you milky
I woke up today with no twinges at all so iv decided that baby isn't making appearance till after due date that way I'm not let down sad its so frustrating! szeli do you know if they always do a sweep at ur home? I didn't get to have mine with ds1 as he luckily came day before I was due to have it.

num3onway Mon 18-Mar-13 13:17:46

Oh dear milky how disappinting!

Szeli Mon 18-Mar-13 13:40:03

Not sure if they always do sweeps at home; mine does tho as the clinics in a primary school.

Yep it's my first and I was also told they couldn't do a sweep before 41 weeks but as that puts me at Saturday she's gonna do one for me at 40+6 (Friday).

Aw dirty two under 18 months? Crazy, I want at least 4 years haha xx

num3onway Mon 18-Mar-13 13:54:50

When ds 2 was born ds 1 was 16 months. I for some reason found them much easier when they were so little than when they got to 2 + 3 yrs! That was hard lol. Now nearly 4 and 5 they are very close and usually not much trouble!

SayCoolNowSayWhip Mon 18-Mar-13 14:42:57

I just ate half a pineapple.....

<Bleah>

So sorry to hear that Milky, hope it goes well for your sweep.

ZuleikaD Mon 18-Mar-13 14:46:15

DD was just coming up for 18m when DS was born, and the first few months were incredibly tough (just stopping her poking his eyes out/ generally killing him was a fulltime job) but now she's coming up for 4 and he's 2.5 they get on like a house on fire and really play well together. But I completely agree about the difficulty of getting out of the house - we didn't, really, for about 12 weeks!

SayCoolNowSayWhip Mon 18-Mar-13 16:33:44

Where are all the babies????

I want mine now. I've been bouncing on that damn ball, eating pineapple, twiddling my nipples in clary sage bath and NOTHING.

I am actually an elephant sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now