Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity sportswear

(7 Posts)
TotallyEggFlipped Sat 02-Mar-13 16:34:57

Where can I find decent but cheap maternity sportswear? I want a pair of leggings to wear for running but only for a couple of months. I'm finding my regular ones just don't fit very well with a bump.
Thanks.

nextphase Sat 02-Mar-13 19:57:00

what about running in "fashion" leggings from New Look or H&M?

Librarina Sat 02-Mar-13 22:14:55

I got lovely yoga pants from TK Maxx, they have a fold over top so are perfect in pregnancy, I think the brand was Manuka, they stock them fairly regularly. Alternatively, some of the clothes at badabump.com are very nice and not too pricey.

I'm impressed and a bit jealous you're still running. I stopped when I got my BFP cos I was scared the baby would 'fall out' and it's going to be so hard to start again. I love pregnancy yoga but its not very aerobically challenging.

smile10 Sun 03-Mar-13 16:23:38

I'm still running and just had a look at badabump and also mums2b fitwear - both look good and agree, not too pricey.

TotallyEggFlipped Sun 03-Mar-13 18:13:46

Thanks.
I'll have a look in TK Maxx next time I'm in town.
I think I'll end up wearing regular maternity leggings because I want full length and I need them to be tight so they don't flap around at the bottom when I'm running like yoga pants would.
I doubt I'll be running that much longer to be honest. Maybe another 2 months if I can. I'm 20 weeks at the moment and really slowing down.

Sunnysummer Tue 05-Mar-13 12:26:54

I looked for ages, and in the end just went with the cotton standard ones from M&S and elsewhere, once you start slowing down there's less need for fancy wicking anyway! Via Prive Mamma is amazing, my friends tell me, but not all that cheap.

Also agree about how much longer you might need them - while I know some v impressive ladies who've kept going till the end, I've just had to stop and retreat to the elliptical/swimming pool at 31.5 weeks, as I suddenly got a lot bigger in the stomach and was getting a lot of ligament pain, even with a brace.

user1479469822 Fri 18-Nov-16 12:27:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now