Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Overdue and possible first ever coldsore?

(5 Posts)
ZuleikaD Sat 02-Mar-13 06:29:50

It doesn't sound like a herpes infection (especially if you haven't ever had one before and haven't been in contact with anyone who gets them - incubation period is 5-10 days for a first infection), but agree with going to the pharmacist and getting them to look at it. They're painful in a totally different way to the cracked-skin type of feeling.

IllGetOverIt Sat 02-Mar-13 05:27:57

Doesn't sound like a cold sore to me.
I get unfortunately and once you've got the tingle, unless you use Zovirax or similar every hour, within a couple of hours it's a full blown cold sore.

It wouldn't take a couple of days to develop ime.

Pg does all sorts to your body. Good luck with baby!grin

StepfordWannabe Sat 02-Mar-13 05:21:55

If it is a cold sore, be super careful wrt kissing the baby - the virus is quite dangerous to tiny babies.

noblegiraffe Sat 02-Mar-13 05:16:02

It doesn't sound like a cold sore (google pictures of cold sores for comparison) but if you're worried, nip to your local pharmacy and get the pharmacist to look at it, they should be able to reassure you.

Bringbring Sat 02-Mar-13 00:21:51

I'm 40+5 and two days ago I noticed a tiny spot on one side of my mouth. It's still there now and I've been bunging sudocrem on it. There's no white head or crust but its not shifting and it dawned on me it could be a coldsore. It's small, not round, a bit red with a crack. There's been no tingle or pain, I'm trying really hard not to fuss with it.

Now I might just be panicking but I know first ever cold sores are dangerous to newborns. Does anyone know if there is a test for cold sores or if I should visit the doctors or wear one of those patches as a precaution?

I'm 34 and I've never had a coldsore before and neither has my partner. I know it can lie dormant but surely it would have surfaced before today? I've only snogged the same person since 2005!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now