Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Pains...*ahem*...'down below'?

(13 Posts)
LadySnapcase Sat 02-Mar-13 21:25:54

Thanks Christelle smile

Christelle2207 Sat 02-Mar-13 11:44:55

I had these between 8 and 15 weeks ish, now 18 and not getting them anymore and baby is fine. Just mention to mw at your next appt but if they are very painful I would speak to her or doc just so that they can put your mind at rest.

LadySnapcase Sat 02-Mar-13 11:28:03

Haha, lightning crotch made me smile! Thanks everyone...the one thing I'm learning about pregnancy is that there is no end to the weird things that can happen to you during it! Feeling reassured, might mention it at my 16 week appt if its still happening but otherwise will just assume its a stretching thing confused My midwife is a pain to get hold of, have to ring between 8.30 and 9.30 or otherwise leave a voicemail and wait for them to get back to you about three days later...

mysterymeg Sat 02-Mar-13 07:33:07

I had this in the early bit of pregnancy up to about 19 weeks. Seems not to be happening anymore but you never know.

I'm 11+5 and I got this last night! I don't remember it when I was pregnant with DD. It didn't last very long, and no sign of the random pains this morning. Glad to know I'm not alone.

ZuleikaD Sat 02-Mar-13 06:31:40

It's not lightening at 13 weeks - lightening is when the nearly-mature baby starts moving down into the pelvis and you have more room to breathe after having feet in your lungs for weeks. It does just sound like growing/stretching pains.

Havingkittens Fri 01-Mar-13 23:25:55

Lightning crotch! Sounds like something from a glam rock performance.

bluer Fri 01-Mar-13 22:04:54

I have had this off and on and i'm fifteen Weeks at moment. I called the midwife and she said it was just growing and stretching pain. They were intense and made me yelp!

ButteryJam Fri 01-Mar-13 21:48:23

I had it but didn't mention it to my midwife, but if its worrying you, do mention it. That's what they are there for.

shelly81 Fri 01-Mar-13 21:36:35

Lol its going to drive me crazy now trying to think what she called it lol .... Xxx

LadySnapcase Fri 01-Mar-13 21:28:46

Thanks Shelly, that's reassuring, I'll add the lightening bit to my googling!

shelly81 Fri 01-Mar-13 21:16:53

I'm 29 weeks with #3 and have had these all 3 times a can't remember what my midwife called it ..... Lightening somethin xxx

LadySnapcase Fri 01-Mar-13 20:32:25

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new and delurking with a possibly TMI situation! I'm 13+5 with my first baby and I've been getting shooting pains in my vagina (oh I hate that word) for a week or so. I was wondering if anyone else has had this and if it's worth mentioning to my midwife? No other pains or bleeding. Kind of feels like a needle going from one side to the other, only lasts a couple of seconds but my DH knows when I'm having one cause it makes me jump! Dr Google doesn't seem to be giving me much, so any info would be helpful! smile Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now