Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Count down to due date is on - SCARED!!!!!!!!

(15 Posts)
waitingtopop Fri 01-Mar-13 18:14:06

Ok so now we have entered March- the month of my due date. and its safe to say its only just sunk in that DS1 will be here soon!!
Mind has started to go a bit crazy and sucssefully scareing myself silly! what if DH doesn't cope with having a screaming crying pooing new born, think he thinks its going to be a lot easier than it is going by how hes been throughout this pregnancy! What if I cant cope with a screaming crying pooing newborn!?? and end up being a rubbish mum!??!
I know my life is going to change dramatically but I'm soooo scared that its going to change my relationship and were going to have problems!!

Any other new mums to be had similar pre-due date worries and got some words of support?! ARGHHHHHHHHHHH.

leniwhite Fri 01-Mar-13 18:20:09

I'm due on the 26th and having moments of terror too shock

It STILL doesn't feel real, like we'll actually be bringing home a baby that is then our responsibility forever...

Are you scared of the birth, or just coping afterwards?

catlady1 Fri 01-Mar-13 18:22:32

I'm due on Tuesday and I know what you mean! I'm finding it harder and harder to sleep so it's becoming more and more apparent what a totally irrational nutcase I am when I'm tired... but obviously it's only going to get worse! And even my cats miaowing to go out sets my teeth on edge so I don't know how I'm going to cope with a constantly screaming baby. I don't really have any words of support since I haven't done this before either, but I'm sure it will be fine somehow!

waitingtopop Fri 01-Mar-13 18:41:51

Im scared of birth but not as scared as i am of coping with the little one afterwards!! eeeep!! :O
Im the same i get soooo snappy and mardy when i havent slept or had very little sleep, i dont know how im going to manage with a little baby, DH sleeps through litterally anything so i know itll be me who ends up being woken up in the middle of the night too. Im due on the 27th and i cant believe how fast these 9 months have gone dragged so much at the time but god looking back they have flew in!!

sundaesundae Fri 01-Mar-13 19:02:03

Due on 23rd, last day of work today, homebirth kit turns up early next week and the idea if it all happening is making me a bit funny! The last few weeks have gone soooo fast, bubba will be here so soon, all seems so surreal still. gulp, we'll be fine I'm sure.

DeathMetalMum Fri 01-Mar-13 19:17:57

I'm due on 17th with my second and I still feel very anxious/scared. Dd is only 2 so I will have two babies soon!

christilass Fri 01-Mar-13 19:37:43

I'm due in 2 days 1st baby and as calm and laid back as can be .

EmpireBiscuit Fri 01-Mar-13 19:56:34

Don't underestimate how COMPLETELY your life and your relationship is going to change, but it is totally worth it smile 5 weeks on and I can't remember life pre baby.

<Closes mind against dirty house, mad unwashed hair and manic look of the utterly sleep deprived>

Kasey12 Fri 01-Mar-13 20:54:12

I'm due on the 15th and am terrified too! It's my first baby, so think
I'm more scared with having a newborn than I am about labour ( although that may change! )

snickers251 Fri 01-Mar-13 21:17:26

Am due on 18th with 2nd and I'm just as nervous as my first!! confused

Over-due here, and all previous worries have evaporated and been replaced by a desperate need to get this baby out! You'll probably be exactly the same... grin

KFFOREVER Fri 01-Mar-13 22:40:19

Im due on 10th march and feeling anxious too. Can't believe im going to be responsible for a small human being. shock

Fluffeh Sat 02-Mar-13 06:48:06

I'm terrified of bringing the baby home. What if I don't wake up to feed her when she cries? What if I can't cope with all the demands of a newborn? What if she cries all the time and I can't settle her? What if I don't fall in love with her right away?
I've tried talking to DP about it but he already has 2 DS's from a previous relationship so is pretty blasé about my worries. Even family members think I'm being silly.
I hope they're all right but it doesn't stop me worrying.

SayCoolNowSayWhip Sat 02-Mar-13 07:40:15

You will wake up to feed her - the majority of mums actually wake up a few seconds before their baby awakes. I know I did - some magical hormone thing... smile

Yes, having a newborn is scary. I remember when DH and I got back from the hospital with 1 day old DD and just thinking, 'OK what the hell do we do now?'

You will get through it!

Yes you will be exhausted beyond belief and find yourself snapping and crying at the stupidest things. But in the midst of it all you have this amazing and adorable being that YOU created. It's all worth it when you've rocked her to sleep and she's snuffling quietly in your arms. There's something incredibly magical about cuddling a sleeping newborn.

As for relationship with your DH / DP - it's a bit of a cliche but it's made DH and me even stronger. Sharing the ups and downs of the first few months is incredibly empowering for both of you. Just COMMUNICATE!

You will all be fine. Best piece of advice? Don't listen to anyone's advice over your own gut instinct. You are the mother. You can do no wrong! No one will know your child like you do.

Good luck all!

cakesonatrain Sat 02-Mar-13 07:48:11

Due on Tuesday with number 2, and I'm more scared this time I think, as I won't be able to just focus on the baby and eating/resting, as will have manic toddler to deal with, too!

You will be fine though. Remember how many other women are doing this right now/have done it before. Is there anything special that means you can't? I bet there isn't. You are a woman, you will be a mum. Your DH will be a dad and you will be a family.
It will be bloody hard at times, and you will have times where you wonder what the fuck you are doing, but you will cope, and there will be times of such utter joy when you might burst into tears of happiness at having created such a beautiful little creature, and it will all be worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now