Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Want to cry

(10 Posts)
Dolallytats Thu 28-Feb-13 08:33:55

I'm 19+4 and for several weeks have been feeling bunged up and snotty!! Apparently this is really common in pregnancy (as if there isn't enough to deal with already!!). I am also unable to sleep for more than around 4 hours a night and have gone past the 'slap' stage and am on the 'verge of tears all the time' stage.

I've come to the conclusion that I am NOT going to glow at any point in this pregnancy!!

butterflyexperience Thu 28-Feb-13 08:20:08

Hi candice

Sorry to hear your struggling with sleep
Need a bit more info from you please

How old is baby?
Ff/bf
Any illness recently

candicestyle Thu 28-Feb-13 06:58:57

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

butterflyexperience Wed 27-Feb-13 18:58:30

Tea I'm about to be 20 weeks
I feel cold/flu like symptoms but no snotty nose or the usual coldy stuff

I do also have a bit of a temperature...

Will make an appointment and rule out uti

Thanks tea

Teaandflapjacks Wed 27-Feb-13 18:46:45

What week are you in? could be hormone surge & lack of sleep? Someone just told me to get urine tested as I have been feeling very out of sorts and could be a UTI - have you felt even more bollocks than normal? might be worth checking. Also, carry about a wet fish with you, and slap appropriate irritating people with said fish.

I had the same issue with a plumber once. I made them take off the cost of the days work when they did nothing but made it worse (well i said this once they finished the job).

butterflyexperience Wed 27-Feb-13 17:32:50

Thanks cycle and ex

Dh now home I've had a cry he's made me laugh a little and realise I just need sleep an to get over crap cold

Not normally this crazy honest!

ExpatAl Wed 27-Feb-13 16:50:06

Slap my DH. He's really irritating me.

cyclecamper Wed 27-Feb-13 16:47:13

Not sleeping is horrible isn't it? It makes everything so much harder to manage. I have a cold too, and the angle I was sleeping at to breathe gave me a back ache sad.

It makes everyone else unreasonable and grumpy, a bit like the hormones. (Or the steroids my husband is taking for his asthma!)

Hope you feel better soon. brew

butterflyexperience Wed 27-Feb-13 16:42:07

Also can't go to my parents as my dad has flu hmm

butterflyexperience Wed 27-Feb-13 16:39:18

Feel like crap
Have a mild cold but as am pregnant means it feels like I'm on my deaths bed

Haven't slept properly for 2 days/nights

Am starting to hate people

Have just got back from school run and just felt the bitchiness in the playground come up and slap me in the face
Asked a CM if she could take in my dd1 in sept as I will have twins then. She looked at me like I was a piece of shite

I want to move or go in 2m morning and slap ppl

Yes I know I'm being horridly unreasonable

Also our fucking only toilet is broken because the bastard plumber who was meant to fix it today thought it would be a good idea to pull it apart and then tell us he can't fix it however his team can for £700

Why is the world full of bastards?
I hate everything hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now