Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

12 weeks and still extremely tired

(10 Posts)
EggyM Fri 01-Mar-13 13:25:11

Must be short memories. I am almost 19 weeks and still exhausted. Went to bed straight after getting home from work yesterday...

Sorry cinnamon guess that's not what you wanted to hear!

IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Wed 27-Feb-13 22:38:21

Short memories!

IJustWoreMyTrenchcoat Wed 27-Feb-13 22:37:59

I am 16 weeks and still tired, good for nothing after work, listless all weekend. Everybody is expecting me to be full of energy now, the only person who has said different is an acquaintance who is in her third trimester. She has told me my energy will come back really slowly.

Other people I am talking to must have shortnmemories... wink

cinnamonbun Wed 27-Feb-13 22:26:18

Thank you all. I feel so guilty as I'm not very productive at work at the moment. And I don't have the energy to be much fun around DD either. Just hope it passes within the next couple of weeks...

ExhaustedMamasita Wed 27-Feb-13 15:49:20

Cinnamonbun I totally feel for you! As this is my first pregnancy I can’t call on past experiences but the exhaustion I’ve suffered has knocked me back for six! I haven’t had terrible sickness so can’t complain on that front but I’m astonished at how exhausted I’ve felt everyday for the past 6 weeks. I could sleep all day long which is not like me at all – I fall asleep pretty much everyday on the train to and from work, I even fall asleep sometimes on the toilet seat at work! I thought maybe it was down to anaemia but nope – tests have come back saying my iron levels are “very good” so I’ve put it down to the trials and tribulations of the first trimester. You’re so lucky to be able to work from home! As far as I’ve been told it’s perfectly normal but what I’ve found helps is fresh air and splashing my face with cold water.

I’m 12 weeks too and hoping the exhaustion eases up a bit in the next coming weeks. Good luck!

5madthings Wed 27-Feb-13 15:32:59

I was like this until about 16wks with all my pregnancies.

Toptack Wed 27-Feb-13 15:31:13

I'm nearly 14 weeks and still have v tired days... just having a little sit down now, as it happens wink

DontSweatTheSmallStuff Wed 27-Feb-13 15:27:16

Perfectly normal. When I was pg with ds2 I used to go for a nap when ds1 went for his. It should start to get better within the next couple of weeks.

Bejeena Wed 27-Feb-13 15:10:04

Mine was a lot better about 13-14 weeks.

cinnamonbun Wed 27-Feb-13 14:59:52

I'm expecting DC2, aged 33, and i can't get through the day without a midday nap. (Luckily I'm able to work from home.) Is this normal at 12 weeks? I can't remember what it was like with Dd (3) but I'm worried the tiredness won't go away.how long did yours last?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now