Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Laura Ashley/Creme Egg graduates - pregnant after MC

(997 Posts)
Bakingtins Tue 26-Feb-13 21:41:37

A place to carry on chatting after a BFP and support each other through the stressful bits. I hope to see many new graduates appearing....

Lucky13ForBaby Sat 20-Apr-13 11:45:52

Welcome blackhole and Moo. Congratulations on your pregnancy. Today we are pregnant! Moo my due date is the day after yours. I'm having a little worry as my symptoms seemed to disappear last night. Please bring them back! I have just booked a private scan at 12 weeks to check for downs and other abnormalities. 3 weeks today. How are we all today ladies?

MooMoi Sat 20-Apr-13 12:18:25

Hi Lucky, if it makes you feel better for the first time in weeks I've been able to contemplate cleaning the kitchen because for once i'm not exhausted or sick. DH does his best but our standards are different smile

It's funny- I think that everyone hopes that they won't feel this awful the whole time but feeling awful is a comfort too.

GardenWorm Sat 20-Apr-13 12:37:06

Lucky I've not really felt sick for the last couple of days and have just stuffed a bar of chocolate down my neck so am deffo feeling better (not been able to stomach chocolate for the last 2 wks)....but obviously instead of celebrating feeling well I am of course panicking that it signifies something more sinister. FFS get a grip woman! (to self no one else grin)
Hello and welcome newbies!

Aoifebelle Sun 21-Apr-13 08:55:37

Morning all, hope the sun is shining where you are. Off to Paris today for work. Going on the Eurostar, have never been so am tres excited. My job is not normally this glam! I am a bit sad that all that wine and cheese that will go unmolested. I would allow myself a small glass of the good stuff, but i just don't have the thirst for it. Have had to come clean with colleagues, they would rumble me anyways and I am a rubbish liar.

Lucky13ForBaby Sun 21-Apr-13 08:59:10

Ou aoif - Paris smile how lovely. I'm sure you will find something delish to eat. You lot ate all a bit quiet! Where are you ladies?!

Zeuxippe Sun 21-Apr-13 09:26:44

Morning everyone!

It's been a week of divided fortunes on this thread, hasn't it? Such great news for some, and so sad for others sad. Thinking of [jbrd] and [squiz].

aoife I hope you have a fab time in Paris and are also staying in a swanky hotel!

Still no major symptoms here, am 6 +2 today. Although I feel slightly queasy after my cup of tea this morning ..,

shellshock7 Sun 21-Apr-13 10:33:55

anda I do hope you can find out then smile

Hi blackholes and moo congrats and welcome smile

bump I have had to change to wireless bras and two sizes bigger and in maternity work trousers, but keeping everything else in the loft till after the scan..a week in Tues, can't come soon enough I look ridiculous in most clothes grin

JanieLovesCake Sun 21-Apr-13 10:57:18

hi moo and blackholes, great to have you here smile and welcome back booty!

well cot friend has apologised big time, said she totally didn't think how much of a sensitive issue it must be and was really glad i had texted her to let her know. so that's a relief! thanks for your advice on the wording!

aoife you lucky duck!! mmm you're allowed extra portions of crepes smile careful with the chocolate mousse and blue steaks though! mm would love to be going to paris!

i started searching for maternity clothes online yesterday and was worried i was jinxing myself so quickly stopped (like the internet is going to cause me to have bad news ffs) but defo think i might have to get some trousers soon (i'm secretly looking forward to it as i think it will then hit me that I AM PREGNANT!!!).

andadietcoke Sun 21-Apr-13 11:04:20

janie it's crazy, isn't it? I was exactly the same with maternity clothes - didn't buy anything until after 12w scan. I've got all mine from Next (both normal maternity and the maternity section in the clearance bit) and New Look. Haven't bought loads but enough to get me through I think.

I'm now the same with buying things. DH announced yesterday that 'we' had saved £1.5k for baby things so I needed to start thinking about what I wanted. I really really want to start making a list, but that might jinx things!! Still refusing to buy anything at all until 28 weeks, and I know that making a little price comparison, detailed spreadsheet, with hyperlinks list won't change anything but I can't help it.

JanieLovesCake Sun 21-Apr-13 12:14:39

Definitely need to go get a new bra or two, I'm all of a bulge at the minute confused

shellshock7 Sun 21-Apr-13 12:19:10

janie I've moved to non-underwired now as I'm sure (someone will know more) I was told last time that if you are goin to BF you need to wear good fitting, non wired bras from the start?

JanieLovesCake Sun 21-Apr-13 12:26:17

Oh really. Hmm do you mind me asking where you got yours from? I currently wear the Elle macpherson ones as they fit nicely but don't want to spend loads as will probably go up more sizes as time goes on!

JanieLovesCake Sun 21-Apr-13 13:01:40

Oh god just tried on the dress I was planning to wear to a wedding in 2 weeks but my boobs don't fit in it anymore shock I'm off to the shops!

shellshock7 Sun 21-Apr-13 13:39:54

Ha ha been there!

I got measured and bought maternity bras from debenhams....I went from 34B to E last time, but am in the E already now so think ill have to go shops again too shock

BlackholesAndRevelations Sun 21-Apr-13 14:54:30

For my first (successful) pregnancy I bought some normal t-shirt bras that were non-underwired, from m&s.

I've been lurking but not posting much... Too scared!! Only 5 weeks tomorrow. (is that first milestone?)

ChocolateCremeEggBag Sun 21-Apr-13 17:02:19

I found the non wired nursing bras gave me a massive (and uncomfortable) mono boob. So I got a couple of wired bras from Anita, which were soo comfortable [http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product/ANT-5068/Anita-Maternity-Smooth-Underwired-Nursing-Bra/?size=&colour=White this one ]]
I had to order about 15 to get a range of sizes to try, and waited til a week post birth so that they had gone through the milk coming in phase.

I found the wires were needed to separate my boobs and make me feel a bit less like a cow grin

They are expensive, but definitely worth it I think

BlackholesAndRevelations Sun 21-Apr-13 19:11:18

Mono boob! grin that's what you get when you wear the maternity sleep bras too!

ChocolateCremeEggBag Sun 21-Apr-13 20:18:39

Oops link fail!
this is the Anitawired nursing bra

It's very much personal choose, but don't let anyone tell you that you can't get wired nursing bras - as long as they fit you properly (has everyone seen the bra intervention threads? - no side boobage allowed!) then they are fine.

JanieLovesCake Sun 21-Apr-13 21:33:37

Thanks for the tips, getting measured is first on my list smile

DIYandEatCake Sun 21-Apr-13 21:38:16

Ha ha, not able to help with the bra issue as last pregnancy I went from barely an A cup to barely a B... I am the only person I know who wears padded nursing bras blush. Still feeding dd a couple of times a day so still wearing them, and can't imagine going back to wired ones again now!

Hi blackholes and moo! zeux you and I have almost the same dates, I'm 6+3. I'm feeling so much more positive now the pains have gone and nausea has set in, I feel like I did when pg with dd and am finding it so reassuring. Have tons of spots too, I'm welcoming any symptom right now! Have a scan next Friday and so so hoping to see a little heartbeat.

Bootyluscious Mon 22-Apr-13 05:06:41

Hi Blackholes you & I are also about the same - I'm 5w4d! smile

Bootyluscious Mon 22-Apr-13 05:11:16

My boobs already feel a bit bigger too & I'm a small B normally so I keep admiring them grin

Aoifebelle Mon 22-Apr-13 06:40:06

Bonjour a Paris Mesdames.

Obviously wide a wake and have been since the wee small hours. Boobies busting out all over this side of the channel. I reckon I am now at least a G cup. I was going to go shopping, but my sister giggled and said "I would leave it a few weeks if I was you, you have a bit to go yet". I am genuinely scared about how big they could get. I think instead of underwear, I shall invest in a rucksack that I can weight approproately to prevent me from toppling over. Swap DIY?

Janie Merci beaucoup for your reminder about chocolate mousse. Was about to tuck into a chocolate mousse cake last night (somehow the cake bit fooled me)and your post popped back into my head. Damn those french and their dirty hens and their delicious mousse.

New symptom - spots. All over my chin. Nice.

Hope everyone is well, or at least feeling crappy in a comforting way.

Must be nearly time for petit dejuner.

shellshock7 Mon 22-Apr-13 09:06:05

I did but some cheap nursing bras from mothercare in a post birth haze which were awful, no support more like training bras so avoid those!

Oooo Paris aoife enjoy! And well done for remembering abt the mousse grin

Im having a bit of a internal
meltdown, couldn't sleep last night as I've convinced myself I've had an MMC....no real physical symptom but still feel it today hmm Need a scan today, not next week confused

JanieLovesCake Mon 22-Apr-13 11:34:40

Oh shell I know the feeling. I've convinced myself umpteen times that things aren't working and just keeping my fx for you too that everything is ok, this pg malarkey is so frustrating sometimes. Hope you get through today alright x

Aoife I hope you maxed out in the croissants smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now