Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Laura Ashley/Creme Egg graduates - pregnant after MC

(997 Posts)
Bakingtins Tue 26-Feb-13 21:41:37

A place to carry on chatting after a BFP and support each other through the stressful bits. I hope to see many new graduates appearing....

squizita Fri 12-Apr-13 14:58:55

I just googled like an idiot and found an ask.com article stating if there was no yolk at 13mm is "was" a blighted ovum. sad Though if this were the case, would they be offering a scan to see if anything changed? The consultant said his guidelines were if it got to 20mm.

Aoifebelle Fri 12-Apr-13 15:30:12

STAY AWAY FROM DR GOOGLE! It sounds like your consultant thinks there is hope things will turn around and right now he really does know best. I know this week will feel like an eternity, but try and hang onto that.

XX

GardenWorm Fri 12-Apr-13 15:31:33

Hey Squiz go by the Consultant not Dr Google (could be any old weirdo making stuff up!). I really hope that next Friday you get the definitive answer and my fingers are crossed for a positive one x

IBIP flippin fabulous news! Whoop!

Choc great to see you here!

....so I booked a scan....for 3.15 Monday! Eeeeek. I should be 8+1 ish then, a bit earlier than I'd wanted but it was the only day me and DH could actually do without it being so close to the 12 wk one. Aaaaaaaargh!

IBelieveInPink Fri 12-Apr-13 16:12:27

My dates I had worked out were 8+5 today. And they placed me at 8.
I have been mulling over this a lot. I was at the beginning of the day on the +5, so hadn't had that days growth, and I thought because of my relatively short 28 day cycle, all apps tell me my lp is only 13 days not 14, so I was expecting 2 days out anyway. So that puts me at 8+ 2 which is not too far from 8. Does any of this make sense?!

Hows everyone else doing today?

ChocolateCremeEggBag Fri 12-Apr-13 17:17:04

Hi Bump - we had another faint line, so hopefully another recruit by Sunday.

Have spent today working out all my milestone dates (very hard day working at home) trying to see when I can best book in a scan, but like others have posted before, actually booking one in now just feels too much like tempting fate. To be honest EVERYTHING now feels like tempting fate.

jmf294 Fri 12-Apr-13 18:45:14

Squiz- holding you hand for the next week my lovely, I hate waiting and I'll continue to have everything crossed that good growing and development happens in the next week.
IBIP- congratulations!!- big sigh of relief.
Welcome chocolate- here's to a happy healthy uneventful 8 months for you.

My sister called today and informed me she is pregnant- 9 weeks.
She had a scan last week. She showed absolutely no sensitivity at all that I may have found this news hard, she has no idea I'm pregnant now.
All I can think now is I will have to watch her pregnancy progress and mine will fail and the whole family will not understand why I might be sad.
I truely am a head case!!

BumpKitty Fri 12-Apr-13 20:53:08

oh jmf your sister needs a big kick for not even acknowledging that her news would be hard for you, is she usually so unempathetic? If not she might have just not known how to tell you so just went for it.
Now, just think positive - your baby will have a little cousin to grow up with (and think how much worse the news would have been if you weren't pg - which you are!

I got my 12 week scan date today, 29/04 which was my EDD for my mc pg - what are the chances of that then

DIYandEatCake Fri 12-Apr-13 21:09:43

pink, sounds perfectly logical! And I'm not sure scan measurements are always 100% accurate anyway. Yay for a little heartbeat, that must've been so amazing to see.

jmf, how far along are you again? Here's hoping not only that things go well for you, but that your baby is cuter and a far better sleeper than your sister's grin. Seriously I can understand how you feel, it would be awful if anything went wrong, but it's early days for your sister too, she is just lucky if she hasn't got bad experiences to make her worry.

All good here, I've found me some posifrickintivity today (thanks to clearblue and to feeling a bit sick earlier). chocolate on tempting fate - here is a very embarrassing tale. The month before I got pg I was growing tomato seeds (trying to tempt fate, grew loads when pg with dd and couldn't eat any thanks to morning sickness). Dp knocked them off the windowsill by accident and squashed them all, I cried and said that's it, now I'm not going to get pg this month. Roll forward a month and there is a new batch if seedlings and I am pg - yay! - but I am so careful looking after my little plants and making sure nothing happens to them...! Dp thinks I'm completely crazy, and I'd never admit this to anyone in real life lol.

Lucky13ForBaby Fri 12-Apr-13 21:20:05

Oh no just found brown blood when I wiped sad not feeling positive at all now with that and the bad scan last week sad

GardenWorm Fri 12-Apr-13 22:21:27

Oh Lucky mother nature really isn't treating you kindly. If it helps I have only ever read that brown blood is old blood and is common and not a problem. I really hope that's all it is, fingers are crossed for you X

shellshock7 Fri 12-Apr-13 22:39:27

lucky oh no, I'm sorry...is that the only symptom? I know saying it can be perfectly normal probably won't help ease your mind but fingers crossed its nothing to worry about x

garden not long to wait, that's good!

pink with that small a difference I really wouldn't worry...still smiling for you now smile

choc you're brain will make anything seem like that, we go mad for a while I think...bit of a mantra here is 'today I'm pregnant'....it can help get thru the madness!

jmf sorry abt your sister being so insensitive...vent away here smile

squiz hope you're feeling ok tonight x

bump I had my 20w scan with DS on the day my first baby would have been due...talk abt cranking up the pressure! I like to think now that it was a good omen, bit soppy but like something wanted to make that into a positive date as well smile

diy loving the veg based?! posifrickintivity grin

So had a craving tonight smile sent DH for some tinned fruit blush tinned fruit?! WTF grin

JanieLovesCake Fri 12-Apr-13 23:30:14

Oh lucky you poor thing sad but as everyone has said, brown blood is usually ok, I had some for about 2 days last week, hope all is ok x

DIY I had a similar horticulture experience with my last pg (mc). I decided to plant daffodil bulbs in september as I thought it would be nice that they would grow at the same pace as baby bean and bloom when it was born. Baby bean didn't grow but daffodils are beginning to flower, reminding me everyday that edd is coming up sad I for one will not be planting anything this time round!

IBelieveInPink Sat 13-Apr-13 14:29:48

How are you doing today lucky?

Bodicea Sat 13-Apr-13 14:44:13

Jmf I totally understand how oh feel.
My best friend told me she was pregnant a week after my first miscarriage. Much as I love her and I know didn't mean badly I did think she could have given me a bit more time. She went on to have a mc too and I ended up with alsorts of feelings of guilt.
Then when I found out I was pregnant again And she got pregnant too a week behind me. I felt sick when she told me and from that moment had a bad feeling about he pregnancy. She was really excited about us being pregnant together. I ended up losing that too And to be honest kept my distance from her for a while until I could come to terms with it.
She is due in July and I am back to being excited for her. Course it helps that I am pregnant again.
I think it's natural to have dark feelings especially when we have been through what we have but in the end we come through it.

Aoifebelle Sat 13-Apr-13 15:31:36

Telling others with sensitivity is a real issue. I have a friend who discovered she has probably been infertile since her twenties. She has always wanted a large family, as does her DH. She has always lived a really clean life, eaten all the right things, is a qualified yoga teacher (basically the opposite of me). When I got pregnant last year her 2nd IVF had just failed. I felt guilty when I got pregnant by accident, after only one minor contraception indiscretion. I had asked a mutual friend to let her know I was pregnant, but she forgot. It all came out at a lunch (not my choice someone blabbed). I still feel awful that she found out in that really public way and had no opportunity to put her armour on. Any advice on how to handle it this time round would be much appreciated.

Anyways how are people today? I made the mistake of going to a foodmarket. Not clever. Really want a cupasoup, chicken and leek

Lucky JBrd how are things today? Has the bleeding settled down?
Zeux any symptoms kicked in yet? My boobs seem to have deflated a bit today - well at least i can button up my coat.
squiz hope you are managing to get some sleep.

Bodicea Sat 13-Apr-13 15:34:55

lucky hope you are ok. I had brown blood as well as a bit of water red too. It's just one of those things and the further on I get the less upset I get about as I know a little blood of blood means nothing as the size our sacs are now it would have to be serious bleeding to be an mc.

choc lovely to see you here.

squiz thinking of you at the moment. Hope this week goes fast for you.

garden thanks for your tip earlier. Will give a try next time.

Was at a family wedding last night. Loads of questions from relatives I haven't seen for a while. No babies yet?? Arrgh does it never occur to people that it might be a sensitive subject?!

squizita Sat 13-Apr-13 15:53:18

Aoife yes telling people is a challenge. Sometimes I've seen things on other post MC boards where the rage is just eating the person up. And you know how they feel but also think 'do they need help' and also wonder what upset future pregnancies i might hopefully have might trigger. I mean women can't help scratching an itchy bump - but I know that can really upset others! Personally I just feel that familiar wave if 'why me' - and worry if they are innocent to potential problems but then I don't want to bring them down!

Bod yep. I have that (and at the other end 'you've got sisters so why not give up, you can be an aunty career woman' hmmm...)

Right now feeling OK but having twinges. These are scaring the hell out of me despite being told 24hr ago no ectopic is present. But I have my FREEDOM now so have gone out to get my hair down and might go for dinner later, if I'm well enough to do that I doubt I'll keel over!

jmf294 Sat 13-Apr-13 20:13:12

Squiz- hope those twinges go away fast!!
Lucky- hope there hasn't been any more bleeding and all is ok.

Thank you all for your kind words after my post about my sister. I got into a right state yesterday evening and this morning, so much so i was crying in bed this morning as I was so scared about another miscarriage.
I'm now 5+4, but the time is going so slowly as I found out when I was just 3+1. 12 days to go until I get to the stage I started to miscarry at last time and 20 days until my scan at the FMC- still convinced I won't get that far!!
I have calmed down - well for now anyway and had a lovely day at the park and fell asleep on the sofa after dinner- so tired!!!!
Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekends.

IBelieveInPink Sat 13-Apr-13 20:30:20

Jmf - I know what it feels like to be waiting for those milestones. (as I'm sure we all do!) but just to try and help as you sound like its getting you down- try and take each day as it is. I know this sounds obvious, but I went through my diary and worked out something I was doing each day - even if it was something as silly as watching a DVD or something?! Then I focused on literally what was going on the next day and nothing else.
Of course I am still doing this! But I thought it may help you too? smile

andadietcoke Sat 13-Apr-13 20:36:25

jmf I've been there. Almost exactly. I cried, and screamed and shouted and was inconsolable for about 24 hours. I was pregnant too, but just barely, and I was so convinced it was all going to go wrong and I was going to have to watch her get a bump.

In the interests of full disclosure, you may find you don't fully get over this. I remain convinced that this pregnancy is going to fail and that I'll have to be happy for her when her baby comes in July (she's due on what should have been my EDD).

I remember counting the days as you're doing, and waiting for milestones. Time won't go quickly, but try to keep busy, and be selfish. Take care of you. And hopefully, in a few months all this will seem a long way away and you can look forward to your baby having a cousin really close in age (and lots of barely used newborn hand me downs wink)

ChocolateCremeEggBag Sun 14-Apr-13 04:52:24

Is insomnia a symptom? DS woke up at 3 am (nightmare or night terrors I think) any he's back to sleep and I'm lying here listening to the wind outside hmm

I've been thinking about when to tell people I'm pg this time. Had a big party with village friends at 6 weeks last time, so they all knew then. Mc'd at 8 weeks but then had lots of people to talk to about it in RL. Now I'm more aware of mc (and I know more about other people ttc struggles, I'm thinking it would be better to keep quiet until I at least start to show (argh tempting fate there - "if I get that far"onvs)

Is there any good way of announcing you are pg? I'm worried about upsetting people who I don't know are ttc, especially at work, but then can't exactly walk on eggshells? Do I just not say anything and let people guess (or think hasn't she got fat grin)

Zeuxippe Sun 14-Apr-13 06:57:31

Lucky we haven't heard anything from you, hope you are ok.

jmf it's hard not to think the worst, but maybe everything will be ok this time?

choc yes lots of pregnant women get insomnia, particularly in the first and third trimesters. In the first trimester it can be because of vivid dreams, frequent urination (!) and just having too much to think about.

Regarding pg announcements I don't think you can ever be held completely responsible for other people's feelings and as long as you try to be sensitive that's the best you can do. Most people who haven't been through mc seem to tell at 12 weeks (although some earlier). With DD I told friends and family at 14 weeks but work after the 20 wk scan. I guess I might show earlier this time but would like to try and hold off.

squiz glad you're feeling ok and hope you got to go out for dinner.

jbrd hope the wedding has been ok and the bleeding has stopped.

Afm, trying to distract myself from worrying about symptoms. Boobs aren't twinging like they did to begin with but then I looked up symptoms on the countdown to pregnancy site and found less than 2% of women have them at this stage, compared with more like 20% earlier on. No ms either but I didn't get it until 7 weeks until DD so could do with a bit of sickness kicking in then...

Zeuxippe Sun 14-Apr-13 07:00:03

Less than 2% of women have boob pain, not less than 2% of women have boobs!

IBelieveInPink Sun 14-Apr-13 09:09:22

Choc- yes u have had insomnia. It's weird cos had it at the same time as being tired! Was no issue getting to sleep but if I woke up at all I was awake for the rest of the night. Seems to have gone since scan so assuming it was panic related.
Also I told quite a few people the first time, then found it hard un-telling when I mc. This time only a few friends have known ( the ones I am v close to) and have only just told parents now we have had a scan. I know it could still go wrong, but we see them quite regularly so they were wondering if something was going on!

Zeux- I have had so few symptoms some days I panicked too. But then DH would remind me of little things like - actually- you went to bed at 9pm last night! But it has felt like so few I feel like I am not suffering enough! Anyway, guess I am one of the lucky ones, try and look for the less obvious things that you probably do have and just haven't realised! Mine were tiredness, weird dreams, and going off spicy food which I love!

Aoifebelle Sun 14-Apr-13 09:42:13

zeux good to hear from you, sounds like you are in a more positive place, hopefully now the sun is out it will help us all keep away from the dark side.
I am another one for the insomnia wake up between two and three, and then my head is whirring and can't get back to sleep. All new to me I normally sleep like the dead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now