Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it handy having two moses baskets?

(18 Posts)
BreadForMyBREADGUN Wed 27-Feb-13 21:50:53

Branching is right. There was a post on here once about the handle breaking on a Moses basket while it was being carried upstairs.

BranchingOut Wed 27-Feb-13 21:40:09

It could be handy.

Btw, you are not actually supposed to carry babies around in them - the handles are for carrying the basket but there have been quite a few instances of babies slipping out because the handles don't really come together properly and slip out of parents' hands. sad. I think there is a BBC web link about this somewhere.

sundaesundae Wed 27-Feb-13 21:36:36

We have a moses basket for upstairs and a second stand for downstairs for use with carrycot or moses basket.

JollyYellowGiant Wed 27-Feb-13 21:24:32

We also had a Moses basket upstairs and carrycot downstairs and we'll be doing this again with DC2 smile

CitizenOscar Wed 27-Feb-13 21:21:26

Yes, why not? We ended up with two and left one at my parents' so DS had somewhere to sleep when we stayed there. More comfy than the pram carrycot.

Princesspond Tue 26-Feb-13 22:30:37

Yes definitely if you are borrowing them, I had two and it was very useful and you can buy replacement mattresses really easily.

BlueMoon74 Tue 26-Feb-13 22:04:07

Definitely!

Although I don't know why people say they grow out of them so quickly! My DD is 16 weeks old and still happily in hers (although it's now off the stand and sitting in her cot!)

rainand Tue 26-Feb-13 22:00:43

Great, thanks everyone! smile

lynniep Tue 26-Feb-13 18:57:41

if they are free, why not. neither of mine would settle in a Moses basket though and grew out of it in no time.

Yes! Much easier than carting everything up & down stairs smile

noisytoys Tue 26-Feb-13 18:48:45

We had one Moses basket and a lie down pram. DC's both slept exclusively in the pram

ForTheLoveOfSocks Tue 26-Feb-13 18:43:46

I bought two, but tbh I used the pram downstairs as it had a lie flat carry cot. So I wouldn't personally

Yes. I had two with dd2 as I learnt it's easier to carry baby, than to carry baby in basket. Baby falls asleep at breast, there are no stairs to manouvere up whilst trying to keep baby sleepingwink

MiaowTheCat Tue 26-Feb-13 18:30:49

If you're getting them for freebies then yep it'll stop a lot of carting them up and down the stairs - we're going to have two this time around because of how things have panned out - last time we used the pram carrycot part downstairs.

Just remember that people don't exaggerate how ridiculously quickly they outgrow 'em!

ISeeSmallPeople Tue 26-Feb-13 18:23:36

I wouldn't go out & buy two.
We had a bed on each floor for the babies. Crib on top floor in our bedroom, cot in nursery, & gifted moses in living room. Meant there was always somewhere safe to pop a baby smile

We had one upstairs and one downstairs with DC2.
I did like it, he had daytime naps downstairs.

BreadForMyBREADGUN Tue 26-Feb-13 18:21:56

I'd say it sounds like a good idea, yes.

rainand Tue 26-Feb-13 18:18:29

Hi,

I was given a free moses basket and a very close friend has offered her moses basket to me too. Is it worthwhile having two, one for the bedroom and one for the living room?

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now