Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What would be you post birth rider?

(46 Posts)
FergusSingsTheBlues Fri 22-Feb-13 19:28:49

Mine. If I could indulge in anything i liked right away:
GnT
Sushi
Champagne
Marboro lights.

They have all been sorely missed!

delilahbelle Sat 23-Feb-13 15:18:00

Don't eat runny eggs! cherry on the October antenatal thread ended up in hospital with bacterial colitus from eating a runny but in date lion stamped egg.

Sorry Puff!

MrsTotes Sat 23-Feb-13 15:33:04

A large glass of red wine
The stinkiest unpasturised blue cheese
Seared rare tuna steak
Another large glass of red wine

CareerGirl01 Sat 23-Feb-13 15:46:10

Am with kf - nothing sweet tastes good. walnut had read cheese with blue rind = bad? Mind you when pg with DD1 was told not to eat peanut butter - was one if the few things I kept down in the early stages of this pregnancy.

HaveIThoughtThisThrough Sun 03-Mar-13 21:43:39

Tattinger - lots.

Starter of scallops (I don't like them overcooked so I'm waiting til I can have them cooked to my liking)

Main course - filet steak only cooked blue (let it look at the pan, but no more) with red wine and probably more champagne (notice the theme!)

Eggs benedict with runny poached eggs for breakfast (with more champagne).

Funnily enough, despite adoring it, I have no desire to drink fizz at all right now and I suspect I'll have zero tolerance for it once I can have some again. Oh well, I'll be a cheap date!

Nagoo Sun 03-Mar-13 21:49:59

Touche eclat.

Hobnobs.

ChairmanWow Sun 03-Mar-13 22:30:39

Rioja
Every single unpasteurised, rinded or mould- ripened cheese known to humanity. I don't care if my house smells of sick - pile 'em up
Runny eggs
Marlboro lights (I haven't smoked in 5 years but have craved them this whole pregnancy)
Sex - due to some bleeds I've been on a sex ban for the last 3 months. Not sure about right away, mind. shock

Discolite Mon 04-Mar-13 15:08:32

A gin martini with an olive and runny poached eggs, with a side order of Camembert!

scaredbutexcited Mon 04-Mar-13 15:35:27

Sushi, rare steak and chocolate mouse. Think I miss sushi the most. Just 6 weeks to go. Mmmm sushi.. ..

AladdinOnRepeat Mon 04-Mar-13 15:40:26

I just carried on eating as normal when I was pregnant, I ate loads of rare-medium steak. Normally I like it well done but craved juicy steak for some reason. I went off chocolate but have made up for it now. He's 4 weeks old and I think I have managed to eat two proper dinners in that time, I live on mini eggs and chocolate with sugary tea and am still losing weight - no idea how!

MrsMillions Mon 04-Mar-13 18:37:01

HaveI.. Yes you've thought that through very well wink. I'd swap your blue fillet for a medium ribeye but live your list.

I've had about 3 glasses of champagne since reaching 12 weeks (now 21+4) and have really enjoyed them, but would have loved a second or third glass on each occasion.

MrsMillions Mon 04-Mar-13 18:37:27

Love your list, even. Silly phone.

Frantastic84 Mon 04-Mar-13 21:11:17

A nice big toblerone ive been saving since Christmas (gestational diabetes sad)
Hot buttered toast
A large cappuccino! I've been off hot drinks all throughout!
Turning over with ease in bed!

StiffyByng Mon 04-Mar-13 21:19:02

A large chip butty on crusty white bread. Am also on the low-GI thing for blood sugars. I don't miss chocolate much but would love a carb blow-out! Last time it was pate and runny cheese.

LittleMilla Mon 04-Mar-13 21:26:42

Just feel like getting a bit pissed on a few big g&ts! Miss that slightly warm fuzzy feeling. Not drunk tho.

Food wise there isn't anything I'm that fussed about tbh. I can still eat all crisps which is all I ever care about. Chav that I am!

MedicalEd Mon 04-Mar-13 21:48:22

G&T, oysters, lying on my front to have a really good massage.
Would love someone to come in and make me look presentable without me having to lift a finger too.
A cook, daily cleaner, (am giving off a lazy vibe aren't I?)

plantsitter Mon 04-Mar-13 22:04:47

<pops in to wince at words 'post-birth' and 'rider' in same sentence and pops out again>

Brie on french bread. Koppaberg #classy

So far they're the only things I really miss, but give me chance, I'm only 5+1...

BinarySolo Tue 05-Mar-13 07:20:22

A nice cup of tea and some toast. Seem to remember the toast really hitting the spot last time but had black coffee because I was vegan and it just didn't do it! Veggie sushi would be nice too. And a shower or bath. Waited about 4 hours for ds to have a cannula fitted whilst in a grotty post birth state, leaking through the sanitary towel and generally felt grim. I didn't even get a wheelchair like the other mums I'd seen.

<feels short changed>

Notmyidea Tue 05-Mar-13 08:13:27

last time I sent dh out to get me a snickers, but that was back in the day of being warned off nuts.
Think I'll go for white wine and stinky cheeses this time, with a nice selection of high-fibre nibbles. Ah the difference between having a baby in your twenties and your thirties!

Yannah2006 Tue 05-Mar-13 08:43:32

Guinness
Good cider
Camembert
Salt and vinegar squares (these were an absolute godsend after i had DS1)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now