Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

when do you get 'the glow'?

(35 Posts)
smallsmith Fri 22-Feb-13 15:04:34

Just waiting for this supposed pregnancy glow to arrive - am 12 weeks, and still looking and feeling pale, tired and decidedly un-radiant. When do the lustrous locks and glowing skin arrive?!

lookingfoxy Fri 22-Feb-13 21:56:44

I think once our bumps turn 18 and leave home, perhaps we will glow then grin

Ivvu6 Sat 23-Feb-13 00:42:09

40+2 and haven´t had the glow yet lol I do have really long nails tho they use to be short and never grew before x

fatandlumpy Sat 23-Feb-13 07:37:07

Not exactly 'glowing'... Now that the MS is nearly gone and I don't feel constantly knackered all the time I fell GREAT!!! I've got a lot of energy and my head is now more clear then it has been since my BFP (I can do maths again!!!!! JOY!!! - v. helpful when doing day job as a scientist).

... I still look like poo though. My skin is terrible (hasn't been this bad since my teens!), my hair is just doing it's own thing so I've given up on it). I've got terribly dry skin in patches all over my body and my nipples appears to be flaking off (so, so sore...). I've also spotted some stretchmarks (b*st*rds...).

I'm 17 and 1/2 weeks and this is my first. I was supposed to bloom at 14 weeks. My mother lies.... I agree with one of the previous posters...

Bloom=nice euphemism for fat.

CareerGirl01 Sat 23-Feb-13 08:08:04

Just after I've been to the gym - and that's it. My hair l

CareerGirl01 Sat 23-Feb-13 08:08:43

looks okay though. I think filling out a bit - was a bit gaunt Pre pg - has made me l

CareerGirl01 Sat 23-Feb-13 08:09:39

Arghhh iPhone - look better but like all the other mumsnetters I have never had the glow - am 29 weeks.

Mcnorton Sat 23-Feb-13 08:10:55

I had my 'glow' after the birth! For about 2 months. after my skin was fantastic. so maybe yours will come later, OP!

marushka82 Sat 23-Feb-13 13:24:08

I'm 18 weeks and still waiting for the 'glow'. My skin looks terrible (I call it Shrek skin grin), chin and temples are the worst, and as soon as some spots clear up (Sudocrem works really well, just v.messy!) new ones spring up! Damn it!
I haven't noticed any difference in my hair, my fringe just does its own thing and every day is bad hair day. Mind you, haven't had a haircut since November but I'm going to have one today, hopefully it helps a bit!
Boobs are bigger though so DH is in 7th heaven and keeps telling me constantly I'm not fat and looking sexy (I love this guy :D

MumofWombat Sat 23-Feb-13 14:39:29

I think you get the 'glow' at the same time you're meant to get the energy boost during the second trimester......Except I didn't get either, not in my first pregnancy and not now (34 weeks).

rrreow Sat 23-Feb-13 15:33:15

Had it from mid 2nd trimester with DS1. Now with DS2 it is unfortunately absent. My skin is worse than when I was a teenager!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now