Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Recommend a birthing ball

(5 Posts)
rainand Thu 21-Feb-13 09:35:24

Thank you ladies! smile

Msbluesky32 Thu 21-Feb-13 09:08:42

I've got a gym ball (or Swiss ball as they are also called). It's essentially the same thing and you can get them anywhere. The size of the ball you will need depends on your height I think. The main thing to look out for is that its 'anti burst' apparently there are a few cheap ones on the market that aren't and they can be dangerous. I also found some great pregnancy exercises on YouTube - such as rolling your hips whilst sitting on it and laying over it if you have a particularly sore back.

www.birthease.co.uk/

I can recommend this one. Arrived next day, easy to pump up, actually stays inflated, and comes with a leaflet of useful info and exercises.

DeathMetalMum Thu 21-Feb-13 07:10:30

I just got a gym exercise ball from argos in the sale. I think the most important thing is to get one that is the right size for your hight.

Last pg I ended up with a davina one as that was cheapest and also one of the fewer suitable for shorter size. I'm can't really get it out this time due to having a toddler who would think its an amazing 'toy'.

rainand Wed 20-Feb-13 21:20:32

Hi,

Any recommendations for a birthing ball? I'm a size 10-12 normally.

Would like to buy it online preferably smile

Thanks! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now