Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can a 2 year old sleep in a double bed on its own?

(9 Posts)
rainand Wed 20-Feb-13 21:16:14

Hi,

Sorry if this sounds like a really dumb question. I'm just trying to decide whether to get a cot or a cot bed. I'm more keen on a cot due to lack of space but wondering whether a 2 year old can sleep in a double bed on his own?

blush not a clue!

MajaBiene Wed 20-Feb-13 21:16:51

Yes.

BikeRunSki Wed 20-Feb-13 21:18:06

yes, but you can't get kiddy duvet covers in a double size,

<waits for Google shopping experts to prove me wrong>

StarNoodle Wed 20-Feb-13 21:19:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thingamajig Wed 20-Feb-13 21:22:20

Yer, mine did and still does age 5. It is great for bedtime stories and if you need to sleep together (and the mountain of soft toys). Argos do kiddy double duvet covers, but a single or two work fine.

BeCool Wed 20-Feb-13 21:24:38

my 20 month old has always slept in a kingsize bed, apart from 3 months in a cot when she was first mobile. She's asleep in there now. I'll join her soon so she won't be in there all night on her own - but she could.

Creamtea1 Wed 20-Feb-13 21:31:58

You can get double size kids duvet covers/sets from next. Ds1 asleep in his now!

Zoonose Thu 21-Feb-13 09:56:35

DD has slept in a double since she was under 2 (our old bed). I just use a single duvet though, it spreads out to the edge of the mattress so looks ok.

imnotmymum Thu 21-Feb-13 09:57:47

Yes of course and great for cuddling and stories (or when DH is snoring)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now