Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

"morning" sickness remedies

(27 Posts)
daisygatsby Wed 20-Feb-13 11:15:05

Im around 6 weeks pg I think and for the last week Ive had really bad nausea. I havent actually been sick yet but for the last couple of days i have felt sick all day long. Its really awful and the thought of feeling like this for another 6 weeks makes me want to cry.

can you share with me your remedies please?

kiwikaterpillar Thu 21-Feb-13 09:02:23

This is my first post, have been a lurker for a while though! I'm 28+3 and still suffering from nausea and vomiting but I have found something that really helps- although not that practical when at work. Home made watermelon sorbet.
Make some sugar syrup, cool for 2 hours. Add juice of a lemon and a whole heap of blended up (strained) watermelon and then put in an ice-cream maker. You can keep leftovers in the freezer for up to a week. Midwife says she thinks that my sugar levels are to blame for the sickness, but I feel too guilty if I sit there eating sweets all day, and TBH the sorbet seems to help quicker and is a lot better. DH is on sorbet making duty twice a week, it's the least he can do IMO!
Soda water & lime is also quite good and easier to take to work, so maybe give that a go.

daisygatsby Thu 21-Feb-13 10:17:40

thanks again everyone.

am feeling slightly better so far today. springforward have been going to bed at 9 every night this week so that helps. but im working full time and have ds (3yo) and i just have no energy for him in the evenings.

im going to make a note of all your suggestions and make a trip to the shops at the weekend. im thinking about taking the day off work tomorrow too, to try and catch up on more sleep

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now