Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anybody else overdue/due soon?

(193 Posts)
whereswalt Tue 19-Feb-13 21:15:15

Hi Everyone

I am 4 days overdue and completely fed up!Can't sleep at night because of painful hips and heartburn from hell, and am just sick of sitting waiting around!Every pain comes with a desperate hope that it will turn into a contraction, even the ear ache I had yesterday was googled to see if this was a sign of labour (desperate times)

Plus on top of that, I can't deal with another message/phone call asking if I have had the baby yet, especially off close family members!What do they expect me to say- 'yes I had him last week, do you not follow me on twitter?'. Do they not think I would of been in contact as soon as I possibly could to tell them the good news!!

Anyway, I am just moaning now!Was just wondering if there are any fellow pregnant ladies due to pop any day now,and fancy a chat to pass time until our little bundles of joy arrive!

christilass Wed 27-Feb-13 11:26:25

I'm due in 4 days .... no sign of anything , feel great

leannac Wed 27-Feb-13 13:23:22

Still nothing despite a long walk & music class this morning followed by walking & carrying shopping & gifts to 2 yr old birthday party late morning. I've got soft play this afternoon (may try sailing quickly down the bumpy slide to see if that assists) & all I have to show for my efforts is an exhausted toddler & what feels like a tap dancing baby in my belly who is moving about far more than normal. Almost as if to defiantly say I'm staying put! Its comfy in here!

A lady in the supermarket rather cheerfully told me she was 13 days overdue with dc2&3 despite dc1 arriving on time...that's not what you want to hear!

Good luck everyone. Lets hope for twinges today!

SausageMother Wed 27-Feb-13 17:08:06

bbface also loving your request for an internal! Brilliant!

Withnail I only got the piles after giving birth and am expecting them again this time, although I was pushing for a long time last time. All I can say is don't let the thought of piles put you off giving good pushes when you get to that stage.

Leannac no, that's not what you want to hear. I was pretty sure DC2 would be early. Have also been to soft play this morning crawling around on hands and knees but I think baby is too cosy in there!

AmandaCooper Wed 27-Feb-13 17:49:30

Got to love this thread - if we're not making random requests for internals we're speculating that music lessons might bring on labour! grin

leannac Wed 27-Feb-13 19:07:52

It was more the swinging a 21 month old around to the Hokey Cokey rather than the actual music that I hoped would bring on labour but its done nothing but knacker me out!

Hoping someone starts going tonight!

AmandaCooper Wed 27-Feb-13 19:46:29

Ha ha that does make more sense!

Hi all. 41 + 2 here and getting fed up of feeling like an arthritic Rhinocerous. I was doing ok up to my due date but every day seems to he a bit tougher and more exhausting now!

Anyway, induction booked for Sunday so at least I know that I won't still be pregnant by next week.

AmandaCooper Thu 28-Feb-13 08:34:07

Is this right: we haven't had anyone in labour on this thread since Saturday? Saturday?!! <weeps>

Littleturkish Thu 28-Feb-13 08:40:12

Still no action here sad

Only 40+1 though so have no right to get moany about it.

Can't help but feel frustrated though.

leannac Thu 28-Feb-13 08:52:53

Oh dear, toddler 39 degree fever & v sad so now gone from praying baby comes out to praying baby stays in! Thank goodness I decided last night wasn't worth doing the deed to try get baby out!

I'm with you leannac! Priorities changing! I've got a funeral to go to tomorrow (DH's stepmum) so will be looking after my DSC whilst hubby looks after his dad. Not a day I'm going to enjoy, but need baby to stay in til after then.

What's everyone's plans for the weekend? Curries, long walks and doing the deed? grin

catlady1 Thu 28-Feb-13 09:47:59

Going for a sweep now hopefully! Fingers crossed I'll be in labour before I get home grin haha. Well I can dream!

AmandaCooper Thu 28-Feb-13 10:10:07

Littleturkish you have every right to complain after 40 gruelling weeks of pregnancy! I'm only 40+5 but I've been having the had enough feeling for quite a while now! When I hit the respectable 41 point I'm just going to ramp up the complaining another notch!

Leannac sorry to hear about toddler fever - do you think it might just be a 24 hour bug? You better lay off the pineapple I suppose!

catlady good luck with the sweep! Watching with interest as my first sweep is tomorrow morning!

phoenix that does sound gruelling. Your poor FIL. I shall send "stay put" vibes your way.

leannac Thu 28-Feb-13 10:16:22

Hoping sweeps are not too painful & do the trick for you ladies!

catlady1 Thu 28-Feb-13 13:04:27

Well that was disappointing. Couldn't have the sweep, apparently my cervix was too far back and she couldn't even reach to pull it forward (which sounds bloody grim anyway). Baby's head isn't engaged anymore either sad she's told me to bounce on my gym ball and come back in a week.

bbface Thu 28-Feb-13 14:24:47

How far along re you cat lady?

My sweep this arvo. Bit concerned as DS 2.6 will be there. X

catlady1 Thu 28-Feb-13 14:32:03

Only 39+2 but I've been having a lot of BHs and pains so I thought I was almost ready! sad x

Lulabells Thu 28-Feb-13 15:02:11

Hi all. 40 + 5 here and bloody fed up of everything. I don't think this baby is ever coming out despite strong braxtons, nesting feelings and the occasional weird pressure in my bum. And if one more person asks me if baby is here yet I will not be held responsible for my actions. Anyone else having their first and convinced that there isn't even a baby in there? I think mine is just wind confused

leannac Thu 28-Feb-13 15:15:54

Oh catlady, no sweep? How annoying! I didn't realise past 38 wks that there would ever be a case where couldn't have sweep. Quite depressing as I was clinging to asking for one next wk to get things moving & ensure I avoid induction so can still have lovely (hopefully) home birth.

Who can be arsed bouncing on their gym ball & who has time anyway? Why don't our babies want to come out?! Waiting for weather to turn to spring? They could be waiting a long time!

catlady1 Thu 28-Feb-13 15:59:36

I knew it could be difficult if the cervix is too far back but I've never known anyone not get one at all! She basically said she couldn't reach. I'm quite disappointed, I didn't even expect it to work to be honest but at least it would have given me a bit of hope for the next couple of days smile

It's all well and good about bouncing on the ball but when I get up my back and hips just seize up! Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

No catlady mine do it too!! I walk like a bow-legged cowboy after any period of time on the damn ball!

Saw midwife today, baby 3/5 engaged and midwife said to me 'I might not even see you next time!' So my hopes are officially up now grin

catlady1 Thu 28-Feb-13 16:41:53

Ooh phoenix exciting! grin

SausageMother Thu 28-Feb-13 17:01:59

How frustrating catlady. Have they booked you in for another sweep later on?

I saw the midwife today and am booked in for a sweep next Weds when I'll be 41 weeks. Hopefully baby will come before then though! Also booked in for a scan tomorrow PM as I'm measuring 35cms so quite small but midwife says bump just feels as if it is all baby and isn't worried but would rather be safe.

Leannac I'm hoping for home birth too so will be a bit disappointed if have to be induced. But, whatever is best for mum & baby I guess.

Phoenix hope all goes as well as it can tomorrow. Sorry to say I have been 3/5ths engaged since 37 weeks and still nothing.

Totally agree with you Amanda, cannot believe we haven't had any babies born on this thread since NAR4's. Come on little ones!

SausageMother Thu 28-Feb-13 17:04:44

Also, hope sweep went well bbface. Hopefully your DS kept himself busy with toys.

catlady1 Thu 28-Feb-13 17:09:53

Yes Sausage she said when she sees me next week she'll try again. It seems so far away! Obviously baby's just not ready yet but I hope I don't go too far overdue, I've got my heart set on a water birth so I really don't want to have to be induced! My blood pressure is going up at every appointment too, midwife says it's starting to look worrying now so that's not good either sad

I hope your scan goes okay, I had growth scans at 28 and 32 weeks because they thought baby was measuring ahead, but then after that when the midwife started measuring my bump with the tape measure I've always been two or three cm behind! So it's anybody's guess how big she'll actually be, I've packed three different sizes of baby clothes just in case grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now