Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anybody else overdue/due soon?

(193 Posts)
whereswalt Tue 19-Feb-13 21:15:15

Hi Everyone

I am 4 days overdue and completely fed up!Can't sleep at night because of painful hips and heartburn from hell, and am just sick of sitting waiting around!Every pain comes with a desperate hope that it will turn into a contraction, even the ear ache I had yesterday was googled to see if this was a sign of labour (desperate times)

Plus on top of that, I can't deal with another message/phone call asking if I have had the baby yet, especially off close family members!What do they expect me to say- 'yes I had him last week, do you not follow me on twitter?'. Do they not think I would of been in contact as soon as I possibly could to tell them the good news!!

Anyway, I am just moaning now!Was just wondering if there are any fellow pregnant ladies due to pop any day now,and fancy a chat to pass time until our little bundles of joy arrive!

SausageMother Mon 25-Feb-13 13:55:09

Wonder if there'll be any full moon babies tonight then? <gives Sausagebump a nudge> No signs here yet.

Does sounds promising chocosaurus. Fingers crossed!

I totally empathise WithNail. I had awful piles after DS1. Anusol helped esp. after a warm bath.

Congratulations NAR4!! Born in the sac is supposed to be super lucky, your baby is off to a great start grin

No signs of baby here yet... making loads and loads of plans with friends and family over the next week so that it increases the likelihood, haha!! Hoping midwife will give me good news on Thursday. Can you opt for a sweep before 40 weeks??

chocosaurus Mon 25-Feb-13 14:54:54

sympathies WithNail I had thrombosed piles couple of weeks ago which was horrendous. They are much better following liberal use of steroids and local anaesthetic but are still lurking quietly and I'm prepared for a revisit postnatally.

Phoenix I doubt you'll get a midwife to agree to an early sweep sad I'm going on Friday and going to ask for one it will be my due date so hope to get one.

I've also been trying to fill the week with plans a) to pass the time and b) hoping that sods law may come into effect and require me to cancel plans.

AmandaCooper Mon 25-Feb-13 16:17:36

It doesn't seem like my baby's got his astrological charts with him.

Littleturkish Mon 25-Feb-13 16:41:13

39+5 today and saw consultant who seemed to think baby was imminent.

Have got so used to the idea I'm going to go over, it feels all exciting again!

leannac Mon 25-Feb-13 16:51:23

Anyone else thinking they may actually be the first person to be pregnant forever???

chocosaurus Mon 25-Feb-13 17:26:59

If only baby's had read the instruction manual we would all be less frustrated.

leanneac what made your consultant think your ready???

chocosaurus Mon 25-Feb-13 17:56:18

oops I mean littleturkish obviously. clearly sleep deprived wink

Littleturkish Mon 25-Feb-13 17:59:08

Choco- no idea! She wouldn't give me another Iron IV as I was due on Wednesday and therefore no point, go for blood tests on Friday...if you haven't already had the baby. When I said it could be another two weeks, she smiled and shook her head!

Compare this to the midwife who last week thought I was due at the end of march!

Who knows...

FergusSingsTheBlues Mon 25-Feb-13 18:25:05

im 39+1 having baby on thursday via ELCS, totally terrified, cant stop crying, have been physically sick all weekend with nerves. Anybody else being a basket case?

catlady1 Mon 25-Feb-13 18:36:46

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and I'm fed up already! I really don't want to go overdue but I'm guessing I will. I've been promised a sweep on Thursday but I can see her saying that she can't even reach my cervix or get a finger in!

I had a bit of what I think was false labour last week and almost went into hospital. Not terribly painful but contractions getting stronger and closer together over about a day and a half. But then it stopped sad I've been having period-like pains a few times since but nothing serious. Haven't had a show or anything yet.

I'm sure I'll know when it's for real but I start getting excited with every twinge! I know I'm not even due yet but I'm getting sooo impatient.

leannac Mon 25-Feb-13 18:48:26

I trust nobody these days. Midwife & consultant told me thought would have early labour ie 37-38 weeks.....that was weeks ago!!! Not even a twinge. Almost feels like longer than normal pregnancy as they fully had me expecting labour by 38wks.

Dd1 (21 months) did just dive bomb off arm of sofa right onto top of bump so if that doesn't get the little bubba heading downwards nothing will

SausageMother Tue 26-Feb-13 14:17:51

Any full moon babies last night then? Still nothing here but due date is tomorrow. Was hoping second baby would be early. DS1 was born at 40+2 so keep hoping it will happen this week.

Fergus I'm not sure I can offer much advice except that I have heard an ELCS is so much better than an emergency. Try to stay calm and soon you will have your lovely baby in your arms. You can do it! All the best for Thursday.

leannac Tue 26-Feb-13 14:45:40

Not even a full moon braxton hicks for me. Must remember patience is a virtue. Due date is fri so was getting a bit ahead of myself to think baby 2 would come early. Hopefully not much longer for us all!

I had some promising BH yesterday but turned out to be nothing... was at choir last night and was swaying and bopping with the best of them but still to no avail!

Having a bad day today. Imagine a pregnant Eeyore - that's me today. Been either grumpy or in tears pretty much since I woke up. These goddamned misty grey skies don't help either. I bloody hate this country.

grumpgrumpgrump

leannac Tue 26-Feb-13 15:38:34

Oh poor you Phoenix. I'm right there grumbling with you. Whilst insanely hoping being so grumpy is a hormonal sign of labour. Pathetic I know. Specially as I've done it once & know the only real sign is a proper contraction!

I've found eating an entire bag of Percy pigs helps. Have also switched from raspberry leaf tea to vast quantities of hot choc as raspberry leaf tea was clearly doing bugger all anyway!

christilass Tue 26-Feb-13 17:38:54

Hi all ... update from me , I'm due 1st baby in 5 days and have had No signs of anything ... I'm still very very calm ....

bbface Tue 26-Feb-13 18:02:46

Hi all, I am due my second tomorrow. Just so so excited to meet my baby. I feel excited every night I go to bed because it means another day has passed, which means another day closer!

Last two nights I have woken a 3am, very hungry with bad period like pains. They have last on and off for a few hours. Plus I went to the docs this morning about an ear ache, and the doc gave me an internal examination as I asked on the off chance to see if she could. She said no dilation but my cervix was completely flat and given my cramping, she reckoned baby would be here in a day or two.

Does this sound about right? Or am I just being overly optimistic.

hope all well with everyone else. It's a drag, isn't it? But so flipping exciting at the same time.

AmandaCooper Tue 26-Feb-13 21:45:14

You went with an earache and asked for an internal? Ha ha I love it!

WithNailandI Tue 26-Feb-13 23:04:01

Fergus I know it's easier said than done but try not to panic. I had an EMCS with DC1 and it really was very calm and relaxed. Very jealous you know you are meeting your baby on Thursday!

Thanks for the piles support sausage mother and chocosaurus. I think they are thrombocised too. Have some steroid cream and the worst of the pain seems to be over. But can't push them back in anymore and keep thinking I have a little poo that I forgot about - nice! Does anyone know what happens to them once you give birth?!

bbface also loving the fact that you went to the doctor about an earache and got an internal - genius! That sounds really promising though smile

catlady I had exactly the same experience, very frustrating...

phoenix I have been similar today - chocolate is definitely the answer.

Hope everyone else is surviving this horrible last stage...I am planning some vigorous soft play action tomorrow to get this baby moving!!!

Can87 Wed 27-Feb-13 06:20:46

I'm going to be pregnant FOREVER!! I thought I may go a bit over my due date, but today I'm 41+3 and now completely fed up.
I'm tired of thinking every twinge might be it, and even more tired of the constant "baby yet" texts! Not even "how are u feeling" just "no baby yet?" NO how many more times, I will tell u when I have the baby!! AHhhhh.......

Ok feels better to get that out smile and after my midwife saying last week (after a sweep) that went great I don't think il be seeing you now until you've had the baby, I want to scream at her, talk about get my hopes up!
Will be seeing her for a 2nd sweep today & to be booked for induction. Which I'm really quite scared about sad (induction not sweep)

Anyways rant done, if my baby doesn't stay in there forever at least I should be meeting him/her soon!! Xxxxxxx

bbface Wed 27-Feb-13 07:37:03

Ha! I had really not considered how odd my request was; poor doc!

Due date today. Slept brilliantly last night, first time in ages. Got hugely busy day to come, playgroup, soft play, walking about 3 miles in total. So I am hoping that gets things moving!

Good luck to all today xxx

AmandaCooper Wed 27-Feb-13 09:09:45

I don't blame you at all I only wish I had some idea of whether I'm ripe to pop or a long way off - my first sweep is on Friday but until then I'm completely in the dark.

For now I need to have yet another heavily pregnant shower and I don't think I can face it!

Just eaten a load of chocolate. Best I've felt in days.

Walked down to shop this morning with relatively heavy bags - had some twinges on the way back but seem to have stopped now! Am sick of thinking every little thing might be it!

To top it off I seem to have woken up with a cough/cold. Argh!!

AmandaCooper Wed 27-Feb-13 10:52:16

You seem a bit more positive today despite your cold! I wish I could stomach chocolate but sweet things leave me with a nasty after taste. Starving hungry though and counting down the minutes till lunch!

I haven't had a single twinge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now