Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

what pram to get? so confused

(52 Posts)
Hai1988 Tue 19-Feb-13 09:34:55

I am after a pram that the baby can lay flat in but can also fit a car seat to, as although i walk quite alot (not off road) i use my car quite a bit to get to town.

Would like it to last a few years so needconvert to pushchair .

Both me and dh are tall me 5"7 dh is
6"4 so nothing low down that will hurt our backs.

Have a zafira so boot space not a problem

Budget is only around £300-£400 with carseat so this is what limits me really.

Have been drawn back to the silver cross 3d alot just not sure :$
Please help

Phineyj Fri 22-Feb-13 20:16:59

www.graco.co.uk/cdetail.php?catCode=45

Another vote for the Graco Evo -- however, your DH should try one first. We are 5' 7'' and 5' 9'' and it's only just high enough for us. V. flexible though and the wheels are extremely easy to fold and even go in my VW Polo.

£370 for car seat, pram and wheels from Mothercare currently.

kerrywoo Thu 14-Mar-13 19:47:27

I really liked the look of the Cosatto Giggle and bought one for our first born with some money my gran had left me.
It seemed to be ok at first but on only the 4th use it has broken. I haven't been using it much as advised to rest from the cesarean.

We haven't been anywhere but on pavement with it.
The front wheel collapsed as I was pushing it over a tarmac'd car park. The pram above collapsed with the frame and toppled to the ground. It was an extremely frightening experience for me and my two week old baby.

This is a serious design flaw and Cosatto need to fix it. The wheel is clearly not strong enough and there is no safety feature if it fails.

i47.tinypic.com/29cnw8w.jpg
i47.tinypic.com/2e2oww8.jpg
i50.tinypic.com/2096pzm.jpg

Video:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=93uJSP_NxM0

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now