Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

posterier cervix

(3 Posts)
graciem Sun 17-Feb-13 19:58:26

hi im asking for my friend who is now 5 days over due. she went for sweep on fri and mw said she was unable to do it as her cervix was still posterier. she is hoping for home birth so really wants to avoid induction which is booked for next fri and also scan at 39 wks said baby was 9.5lb so she is keen to get going. does anyone have any tips as to how to get her cervix to tilt forward.

thewhistler Sun 17-Feb-13 20:01:18

No, because every time I swept the stairs or crawled over the floor, which was supposed to help, baby and cervix righted themselves 15 mins later.

Good luck to her.

DangerMousey Sun 17-Feb-13 21:00:31

Tell her not to worry too much: MW tried to do a sweep with me at 3 days overdue and she said it wasn't possible cos my cervix was posterior and she couldnt reach it, and that I was probably nowhere near going into labour etc etc....I started having contractions at 3pm on 6 days overdue and had DS1 at 9am on 7 days overdue!!

So within the space of 3 days I went from being "nowhere near being in labour" to being in full established labour smile

Also, as an aside, I had a scan at 36 weeks which predicted my son would be "enormous". He was 9lb 3oz in the end, which is big but not silly-big. And I had a natural labour with a tens machine and G&A. It was a great experience. Good luck to your friend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now