Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Is it all real?

(17 Posts)
redandyellowandpinkandgreen Sun 17-Feb-13 22:20:04

5 tests and 9 weeks and I'm still not sure! Last time I didn't believe it after my 12 week scan, it took until I was getting kicked in the ribs for me to think it might be real. I didn't buy a thing until late on as I thought I had somehow got it wrong. We got married at 22 weeks and I kept thinking how embarrassing it would be to have to cancel the wedding if I was having an imaginary pregnancy.

wispa31 Sun 17-Feb-13 22:16:42

i used tescos own brand tests, pack of 2 for £3.50 i think it was. walking back from shop i was saying to myself 'wtf did u buy that for? waste of money. being paranoid.' 20 mins later and very clear blue line almost immediately after peeing on it. still cant believe theres a baby in there, though the constant sickness is a stark reminder lol.

ladymia Sun 17-Feb-13 19:01:46

At 36 weeks I still don't quite believe it!

Congratulations

GreatSoprendo Sun 17-Feb-13 18:49:32

Congratulations! I'm 33 weeks and still finding it really hard to believe I'm finally pregnant after 5 years of trying and treatment grin you are definitely not alone!

star87 Sun 17-Feb-13 18:04:23

Thank you for making me feel so normal! I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time on the forum :-)

cyclecamper Sun 17-Feb-13 14:54:48

Me! I wasn't expecting the test to be positive (I only did it because the dr wanted to rule it out!) so even when I went to the dr and told her it was and she felt around and said 16 weeks, I still didn't really believe it and went to the scan at 18+6 mentally preparing myself to be told that it was all in my imagination! Even now (23+2) I haven't really got to grips with the idea blush - it is such a change in plan!

Percephone Sun 17-Feb-13 14:36:25

Same here! I was actually genuinely surprised to see a baby on the 12 week scan blush . Even now I keep forgetting it's really there! (13+4)

MrsSiba Sun 17-Feb-13 14:30:59

Congratulations, the news will sink in soon!!!!

Carolra Sun 17-Feb-13 13:29:35

Congrats smile it would be really really unusual to get 2 false positives so I'd say you're definitely pregnant!!!

Christelle2207 Sun 17-Feb-13 13:26:12

I used 4 different brands of tests over a 2 week period. Recommend superdrug branded which are cheap and clear. But didn't believe it till I had private scan few weeks later. Congrats!

MissHinky Sun 17-Feb-13 11:21:17

I did 3 tests showing positive and have had 2 scans and it still doesn't seem real to me, lol

wispa31 Sun 17-Feb-13 11:10:18

yes i felt like that aswell! i did 3 home tests as i couldnt believe it, baby wasnt planned so bit of a shock lol. was sooo disappointed when i went to my gp to tell them, i had thought she would have done a blood test or something to confirm it but she didnt do anything her reply to me when i told her i had done 3 tests : 'well i think we can safely say you are pregnant then!'
waiting to have my scan which is booked for 27th feb, seems like ages away!

Kelly1814 Sun 17-Feb-13 09:43:54

I feel exactly the same! am just 7 weeks and apart from being tired and bit queasy for an hour at lunchtime (which i often did anyway when not pregnant as had tendency to skip breakfast) nothing has changed! having a scan on thursday so hoping this will make it more real!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Sun 17-Feb-13 09:22:15

After 2 1/2 years of TTC, I did 11 tests and a variety of brands just in case some were faulty! I agree, it didn't really seem real until the 12 week scan. I'm 30 weeks now and still find it amazing, I keep saying Can you believe we're going to have a baby? to DH. When it starts kicking, it does feel more real though! smile

BlueyDragon Sun 17-Feb-13 08:45:47

I was convinced the first scans would show nothing. From a non-scientific poll in the office, this was normal.

2 positive Clearblue tests are unlikely to be wrong. Good luck with the pregnancy.

<quick wave to Fliss>

Flisspaps Sun 17-Feb-13 08:43:42

I felt the same until I had the 12 week scan with both of mine grin

star87 Sun 17-Feb-13 08:43:08

Hi!

After trying to get pregnant for almost 10 months I finally got the positive result I had been dreaming of, took two clearblue tests just to be sure.

After hoping for this for so long, I am scared to believe that it is finally happening, I fear that the tests were wrong and I'm not really pregnant.

Did anyone else feel the same?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now