Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Someone sensible tell me what to do

(10 Posts)
redredwine84 Mon 18-Feb-13 10:18:50

Paracetamol is the safest painkiller to take during pg. Avoid NSAID'S (Ibuprofen, diclafenac etc) as these can cause miscarriage. Plenty of fluids and plenty of rest. X

Kafri Mon 18-Feb-13 01:41:12

take the paracetamol.

use the cool pads and lie in a dark room.

drink plenty - can take a while to really rehydrate if you're dehydrated. keep drinking plenty to stay hydrated.
2 paracetamol won't hurt, and go to see doc if no better.

learnermummy Sun 17-Feb-13 19:23:09

And GP can prescribe co-codamol if its really bad. Hope it improves for you.

sundaesundae Sun 17-Feb-13 09:03:29

4head stick, paracetamol and lots and lots of fluids. Feel better!

Poppins27 Sun 17-Feb-13 08:46:52

I also suffer from headaches and swear by the 4Head balm stick things. They don't take the pain away but definitely make it more bearable and my eyes less squinty!!

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Sun 17-Feb-13 08:36:45

Thank you. Last time I was pregnant I had those pads you stick over your forehead and they were great but a problem if you have to leave the house.

LouiseD29 Sun 17-Feb-13 08:26:21

Paracetamol is fine. Hope you feel better soon!

JustCallMeFish Sun 17-Feb-13 08:04:20

Take the paracetamol
Lots of water too in case youre dehydrated

IsThatTrue Sun 17-Feb-13 08:02:26

Take the paracetamol. I hope your headache goes away soon.

redandyellowandpinkandgreen Sun 17-Feb-13 08:00:38

I had a stonking headache yesterday but it got worse towards the end of the day so I went to bed. It'slingering this morning and I can't stay in bed all day. The advice I read said to avoid painkillers in the first trimester and I'm 9 weeks. Is it really bad to take two paracetomol and no more? I've tried everything else I can think of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now