Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Severe bloating - anyone else?

(11 Posts)
afrikat Wed 20-Feb-13 08:57:25

I actually think it could have been porridge oats - I usually have porridge everyday for breakfast but not fancied it for last 5 days, had cereal instead and bloating has disappeared. Could be coincidence so may do a porridge test tomorrow...

PurplePoppySeed Wed 20-Feb-13 08:53:31

I've stopped drinking fizzy drinks which has made a massive difference. I still look fairly bloated but I feel 100 times better.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 19-Feb-13 22:08:39

I second probiotics. My saving grace! Also make sure you're drinking plenty. Bloating/water retention is a sign your body is clinging on to fluid. If you drink plenty, it'll realise it doesn't have to and will get rid of it!

I had to get new bras at 11 after going up two cup sizes and a back size by 11 weeks. I'm still in the same size bras at 31 weeks smile

MissHinky Tue 19-Feb-13 21:36:21

I've been suffering from terrible bloating from about 7 weeks to now (13) . Funnily, it doesn't affect me in the mornings, only when I eat after 3pm and lasts until I wake up the next day. It's really uncomfortable, affecting my sleep and I hope it goes soon!!

HotSoupDumpling Thu 14-Feb-13 19:38:56

I am currently feeling and looking like a hot air balloon!

roofio87 Thu 14-Feb-13 19:36:24

I am exactly the same at the moment. I'm 6+2 and already look huge. my best friends figured out I was pregnant because I've always been known for my flat stomach and my very bloated sticky out one is very noticeable!! can't wait till I actually have a reason for this bump Haha!!x

YouHaveBeenOutbid Thu 14-Feb-13 17:33:36

Keep a note of what you've eaten. Something or other will be setting it off! With me it was onions. Tiny bits of onion in a jar of sauce caused me so much wind!

FoofFighter Thu 14-Feb-13 17:31:59

had this too, nothing helped really, just grin and bear it!

Bunnychan Thu 14-Feb-13 17:29:27

I had this too! It did settle down in the second trimester x

mrsmellow Thu 14-Feb-13 16:19:17

I had this - it got better - am now 18 weeks and swear I look less pregnant now... I took linseed on my cereal and bioactive yoghurt... don't know if it helped, but I felt like I was doign something! good luck!

afrikat Thu 14-Feb-13 16:17:55

I am 8+2 and suffering severe bloating to the point where I already look about 4 months pregnant! My boobs have already grown 2 cup sizes too. I can't fit in any of my clothes comfortably but it's rather too early for maternity stuff - is anyone else having this issue? I don't really drink fizzy stuff and have a good diet, not sure if anything could help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now